The Student Room Group

Dropping out of 6th form

(edited 12 years ago)
You could always start next year when you've grown abit wiser I done that, took a year off to do my own stuff before coming into sixth form.
But if you hate the school so much and don't want to be there for two years you can study as a private candidate and/or get a private tutor.
The negative is you obviously wasting a year of your life even if you do get a job in this climate you'll just be thinking about education and school so it's just downhill.
I say if you can live out the remainder of your AS-levels and stick it out then transfer to another sixth form/ college in your A2.

Hope this helped.
Be careful with transfers though since you have to check whether the exam boards allow you to switch (some might not) if they use different exam boards.

It doesn't seem like you're doing anything useful in sixth form. either go there, study hard, or do something better with you time then smoking instead of going to lessons.
Reply 3
Maybe starting again at a different school or college would help - new people, new start, might be more motivated?
Reply 4
Original post by emeleh
Maybe starting again at a different school or college would help - new people, new start, might be more motivated?

thats what I'm thinking.. thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Casshern1456
You could always start next year when you've grown abit wiser I done that, took a year off to do my own stuff before coming into sixth form.
But if you hate the school so much and don't want to be there for two years you can study as a private candidate and/or get a private tutor.
The negative is you obviously wasting a year of your life even if you do get a job in this climate you'll just be thinking about education and school so it's just downhill.
I say if you can live out the remainder of your AS-levels and stick it out then transfer to another sixth form/ college in your A2.

Hope this helped.

Yeah that has given me a lot more to think about thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending