The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by playxsailxliv
Well good thing that happened! It seems that no one understands how hard it is to get a 7 in the IB much less three of them in your HLs. :confused:

I DO....

I have Math HL and am working on the IA II right now :frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Yay offer for biology :biggrin:
Reply 1422
Original post by r_u_t_h
anyone know of any offers being given out for maths yet? my UCAS form was sent away the middle of October and on the AES it still says my application is with the department...

I have no idea, but I just wanted to say that I love your signature. :smile:
:biggrin: Got an offer for Natural Sciences!
How are the history offers going? I am starting to get really anxious due to all the offers everyone is getting at school. Is no news really good news?
Things are super competitive every year, even if you do have top grades doesn't mean you will get an offer, it sucks balls.
Original post by kay_mart1

Yah i sent mine early November and got an aknowledgement but thats all. I have applied to do law at Castle...bit of a long shot but hey.
I think im just thankful i have an offer from Liverpool! :smile:
Where else have you applied?

ahhhh Castle is so beautiful! I was gonna apply there but then I saw st Chad's and fell in love! :biggrin:
oh well done you! Have you applied for law in all of your choices? Where else have you applied to?
I've applied for french and Spanish at Durham, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Bristol and Cambridge..I have an interview for Cambridge but apart from that I've heard nothing so I'm starting to get a tad nervous! Eeeep!
PPE offer from Durham for 37 IB points came on the same day as I found out I had an Oxford interview -
just after they came through my school was closed because of snow.
needless to say, it was a fantastic day.
Reply 1428
Original post by GTWorm
I have no idea, but I just wanted to say that I love your signature. :smile:

hahaha thanks :biggrin:
Original post by r_u_t_h
hahaha thanks :biggrin:

Oh my gosh, I just saw your sig! I must admit I love it too! :biggrin:
Original post by Jing_jing
:biggrin: Got an offer for Natural Sciences!

congrats :woo:, just LSE and Cam to go now!
Original post by katey_doodles

Original post by katey_doodles
ahhhh Castle is so beautiful! I was gonna apply there but then I saw st Chad's and fell in love! :biggrin:
oh well done you! Have you applied for law in all of your choices? Where else have you applied to?
I've applied for french and Spanish at Durham, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Bristol and Cambridge..I have an interview for Cambridge but apart from that I've heard nothing so I'm starting to get a tad nervous! Eeeep!

Thank you so much!
I have applied to do law at Newcastle, Durham, Liverpool and Manchester. Warwick is my insurance to do law and business.
I heard from Manchester today and they said i would be hearing from them shortly.
Well done on the Cambridge interview! When is it? x
Got an offer today for Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour! 34 points... really pleased! :biggrin:
Letter in the post from castle today!
Reply 1434
Original post by Jing_jing
Oh my gosh, I just saw your sig! I must admit I love it too! :biggrin:

yay! people who appreciate maths humour! :biggrin:
Reply 1435
Just e-mailed Castle asking for a change of college. Praying to God it doesn't backfire/slap me in the face. :s-smilie:
Original post by Fluidity
Just e-mailed Castle asking for a change of college. Praying to God it doesn't backfire/slap me in the face. :s-smilie:

Meaning you want it to go to castle? Or from castle to another college?
Reply 1437
Original post by adam0311
Meaning you want it to go to castle? Or from castle to another college?

Want to go to Castle. Applied to St John's on a whim but had intended on Castle all along, really. :s-smilie:
I am hoping that I *MAY* be all right with it, as I have not been allocated a college yet, and most people don't get decisions until after Christmas.

Do you think it's a futile attempt?
Original post by Fluidity
Want to go to Castle. Applied to St John's on a whim but had intended on Castle all along, really. :s-smilie:
I am hoping that I *MAY* be all right with it, as I have not been allocated a college yet, and most people don't get decisions until after Christmas.

Do you think it's a futile attempt?

Hmmm....it is a risk.

I mean if you weren't to get castle, would you be willing to settle with something other than St. Johns? If so, then go for it.

I think it is worth waiting to get allotted to St. Johns, and then asking to see if you can get your application forwarded to castle. I've seen someone do it that way on here.
Reply 1439
Original post by kay_mart1
Any one been invited to the Liverpool Law School open day on the 15th?

I might be as I have an offer for law and business and do remember receiving a letter about an open day. I'll check and get back to you. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest