The Student Room Group

I hate intellectuals

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I don't really care if you hate me.
Original post by I love shopping
our*?

you hate intellectuals, yet you think that only intelligent people should be allowed to reproduce?:lolwut:

Troll :troll:

There's no contradiction there genius.
Original post by py0alb
I don't really care if you hate me.

Then your reply is necessary why?
Original post by TheRevolution
They have such a high opinion of themselves - probably leading to their happiness.

They understadn things and dont struggle as much as others, they get to go to the best Universities and feel aggradised.

They get to come up with good ideas and think with great clarity of mind.

They get pleasure out of writing essays about interesting topics while others' brains just struggle and don't have the minds necessary to digest the question and be original.

All of these amazing blessings are handed to the intelliectually gifted by complete chance and luck. There is no justification for it other than they did well in that one chanc one gets before birth in the genetic lottery. A competition that dictates the happiness and satisfaction of your whole life.

Edit: I don't want to hear any more bull**** referring to how good a "troll" I am.

I am not a ****ing troll and I say it proudly.

So many hacks are talking *******s about how much hard work helps - are you therefore implying that all people have equally good brains with the same potential? Perhaps you are ingoring this complete nonsense which is a part of all your arguments.

Genetic diversity is not something to admire or "get over" but something to act on, you unrevolutionary and reactionary twits (yes, i notice the irony). Perhaps Social Darwinism needs to be what guides are society; only intelligent people should reproduce; what is the point of having 1 in 3 people being complete losers unable to compete with others and condemned to a life of depression, dissatisfaction and, of course, jealosy.

Or do you all admit that people less clever than you are the source of your satisfaction? After all, intelligence is relative.

These people bloody awful.

Someone is better or more gifted in a certain area, so you hate them? Well, I guess that's just human nature :rolleyes:
There's no contradiction there genius.

By that logic, you definitely shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.
Reply 105
Then your reply is necessary why?

I just thought you should know.

Anyway, don't mind me, carry on desparately inverting your rampant self-loathing.
Original post by I love shopping
By that logic, you definitely shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

I hate them because I should be one of them, and if my reproduction scheme was implemented I would have been.
By intellectuals do you mean rich people who go to private schools and think highly of themselves?

An intellectual is a person who uses intelligence (thought and reason) and critical or analytical thinking, either in a professional or a personal capacity like me and not the above.
I hate them because I should be one of them, and if my reproduction scheme was implemented I would have been.

Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure you must be good at something too!
Reply 109
They have such a high opinion of themselves - probably leading to their happiness.

They understadn things and dont struggle as much as others, they get to go to the best Universities and feel aggradised.

They get pleasure out of writing essays about interesting topics while others' brains just struggle and don't have the minds necessary to digest the question and be original.

All of these amazing blessings are handed to the intelliectually gifted by complete chance and luck. There is no justification for it other than they did well in that one chanc one gets before birth in the genetic lottery. A competition that dictates the happiness and satisfaction of your whole life.

Edit: I don't want to hear any more bull**** referring to how good a "troll" I am.

So many hacks are talking *******s about how much hard work helps - are you therefore implying that all people have equally good brains with the same potential? Perhaps you are ingoring this complete nonsense which is a part of all your arguments.

Genetic diversity is not something to admire or "get over" but something to act on, you unrevolutionary and reactionary twits (yes, i notice the irony). Perhaps Social Darwinism needs to be what guides are society; only intelligent people should reproduce ; what is the point of having 1 in 3 people being complete losers unable to compete with others and condemned to a life of depression, dissatisfaction and, of course, jealosy.

Or do you all admit that people less clever than you are the source of your satisfaction? After all, intelligence is relative.

A good start would be if you didn't have kids. Immediate vasectomy would be best.
Reply 110
Somebody's feeling stupid :tongue:
lol you lot really do take the peepee

Genetic diversity is not something to admire or "get over" but something to act on, you unrevolutionary and reactionary twits (yes, i notice the irony). Perhaps Social Darwinism needs to be what guides are society; only intelligent people should reproduce; what is the point of having 1 in 3 people being complete losers unable to compete with others and condemned to a life of depression, dissatisfaction and, of course, jealosy.

:cool: Smart people invent things such as computers, software, combustion engine, infact everythng you see around you. If you hate smart people so much go live in a cave because thats were everyone would still be without the so called intellectuals.
(edited 13 years ago)
Don't hate me because you ain't me. :biggrin:
Reply 114

Those two greatly provide me with intellectual pleasure. And ofcourse those who are visually gifted usually have more enjoyment in reading books(fictional).
Hm, I always thought ignorance was bliss. I've always thought it was nicer on the other side.

Sometimes knowledge can drive you mad.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

the replies from people who think they're intellectuals are pretty embarrassing. provides a laugh though.
i think he meant arrogant people who are rich and act like snobs
not all rich people act like that some are really simple and nice

the world has so many stereotypical views but what can we do?
Original post by blueray
i think he meant arrogant people who are rich and act like snobs
not all rich people act like that some are really simple and nice

the world has so many stereotypical views but what can we do?

in what sense does he mention money? please give me a quote.

Generalisation.

Generalisation.

So what? Isn't this supposed to be a good thing? :confused:

Everybody is different. I enjoy writing essays about interesting topics, for example in psychology (and also in English at high school) but I fail at art. I can't draw to save my life.

However, practice makes perfect. If I practised my drawing, I might get better. Same with essay-writing.

That, my good friend, is natural selection. Don't be dismayed, you might have a hidden gift, as I'm sure everyone has - you just need to find it. Still, if something doesn't come in an instant to you then maybe if you practise it you will get better, as I've said before.

Potential for what, exactly? The potential to make revolutionary scientific discoveries, or the potential to win gold in diving at the 2012 London Olympics? People can compete with other people in different ways, and that is just a fact of life.

Are you suggesting we sterilise those who are basically 'worthless', i.e. cannot contribute beneficial alleles to the gene pool? How unethical would that be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending