The Student Room Group

NSPCC Campaign on facebook : to stop violence against children

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Samz
it raises awareness? of course its not going to magically make child abuse go away, but it brings it to the front of peoples minds.
i'm boo, from monsters inc. :smile:

Duuuuuuudddeeeee!!! I thought I was the only one.... :five:

:love: boo :biggrin:
Gatomon from Digimon. It was Sora, but I changed it...tomorrow I'll digivolve. :L

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by darkwolf0139
I'm Myotismon from Digimon :biggrin:

Oh crap, I thought I'd run away from you! I'm Gatomon btw. :lol:
Reply 123
It's just fun. Mine is of mammy two shoes from Tom and Jerry. :h:
Reply 124
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Gosh, how caring for you to go out of your way by clicking a few buttons and changing your profile picture.

What utter self-serving tosh.

This

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Is that middle-class-speak for 'look charitable and caring whilst actually having to contribute neither time nor money'?

and this.

Original post by supernova92
no?

such a bad generalisation...

It's called a campaign for a reason, and you need some sort of advertisement to raise awareness. THEN as more people know about it/ hear about it... more can be done to help whatever the cause is. Be that through volunteering, donations etc.

Just because you don't want to take part, doesn't make it pointless...

Take part in revisiting my favorite cartoon characters when i was a child and having it 'liked' or commented on by my friends with a vague link to a children's charity? I think those who care are well aware of the issue.

Why aren't people dealing with the thousand of children who DIE every single day from PREVENTABLE diseases before dealing with those who at least have an organisation to look after them, not to mention those people who offer help.

But sorry, dont let morality or reason slip into your little 'awareness campaign' If it was a case of putting the logo they have on their website with contact details then made for facebook i would have no objection, but then you cant talk about snow white or recess with that one can you? You would actually have to care to visit the website rather than jumping on the bandwagon of fun with the facade of awareness that, as it said before, is middle class for 'i dont really care until its all up in my face but ill make it look like i do'

I forgot raising money and awareness was more important than helping people in need in this country.
Reply 125
Original post by Cicerao
That's nice, I don't care.

Posting to the whole world on TSR about how much you're doing for charity. But it's definitely NOT about making yourself feel good, right?

yes, because that's the only reason anyone ever donates to charity, right?
if you know know, i was proving a point to retards like you.
Reply 126
I'm taking part.

I changed my picture to Fox from "The Animals of Farthing Wood" :smile:. My favourite show as a child.
Reply 127
Mine's David Brent. And what? Say suttin.
Original post by EggmanD
This

Take part in revisiting my favorite cartoon characters when i was a child and having it 'liked' or commented on by my friends with a vague link to a children's charity? I think those who care are well aware of the issue.

Why aren't people dealing with the thousand of children who DIE every single day from PREVENTABLE diseases before dealing with those who at least have an organisation to look after them, not to mention those people who offer help.

But sorry, dont let morality or reason slip into your little 'awareness campaign' If it was a case of putting the logo they have on their website with contact details then made for facebook i would have no objection, but then you cant talk about snow white or recess with that one can you? You would actually have to care to visit the website rather than jumping on the bandwagon of fun with the facade of awareness that, as it said before, is middle class for 'i dont really care until its all up in my face but ill make it look like i do'

I forgot raising money and awareness was more important than helping people in need in this country.

Now you're just entering the debate of which charities deserve more help, which ones are more worthy etc.
Who are you, to tell people where to donate their money?

This is simply an advertising method, and it's not even by the charity, so hence, no logo.

As i said before: the fact that so many more people are involved, and talking about it and whatnot, means that inevitably, more money nad awareness has been raised...

What if this was a different charity, would you still hold your views then?
I decided to change my image to a cartoon but to still take the piss i chose a special cartoon....

There you go kids. Glad i can help...
If you want to stop violence against children then donate some ****ing money to the NSPCC, or do something that will actually help the cause, not some half-hearted "every little helps" "lets take over facebook" ****.
Reply 131
Original post by theths
yes, because that's the only reason anyone ever donates to charity, right?
if you know know, i was proving a point to retards like you.

It's not always the only reason, no. But it is always one of the reasons.

Aw, so it was just to prove a point rather than to actually help the charity? What a surprise. If I'm such a retard, why don't you go raise awareness of it instead of doing something about it directly? Much more effective at getting the point across, I'm sure you'll find. :awesome:
Mine is TAZ-MANIA!! :woo:
I changed mine to Postman Pat! If others don't feel that it makes any difference and don't want to take part that's fine, but the amount of people on facebook who've slated those who do :s-smilie:. And it does help indirectly, i donated money to the NSPCC today.
Here comes The Crimson Chin!
Original post by Bubbles0ox
i'm Bambi :biggrin:

I'm Bambi the rest of the time, cos it's my nickname, so I couldn't keep it as Bambi. :lol:

I think it's a good idea, but it shouldn't be playing the whole child abuse awareness angle because it's just turned into everyone discussing their favourite kids TV shows and arguing about Digimon over Ed, Edd and Eddy. :lol: I'd donate anyway even if this wasn't on fb though.
Reply 136
Original post by should be revising
If you want to stop violence against children then donate some ****ing money to the NSPCC, or do something that will actually help the cause, not some half-hearted "every little helps" "lets take over facebook" ****.

But they are helping by raising awareness!

(= getting someone else to donate, so you don't have to! :awesome:)
Reply 137
Original post by Cicerao
It's not always the only reason, no. But it is always one of the reasons.

Aw, so it was just to prove a point rather than to actually help the charity? What a surprise. If I'm such a retard, why don't you go raise awareness of it instead of doing something about it directly? Much more effective at getting the point across, I'm sure you'll find. :awesome:

guess what, i DID do something about it - and even if it was to prove a point (a very valid point, as my AWARENESS, yes, of the charity brought the charity to the forefront of my attention), guess what? the charity is now a tenner richer.

so you can **** off from your moral high ground, since it's not like you have actually done anything to raise awareness or even donate.

****ers like you really should not be allowed on the internet if such a simple point fails to penetrate your thick skull.
Original post by Luceria
I'm taking part.

I changed my picture to Fox from "The Animals of Farthing Wood" :smile:. My favourite show as a child.

Loved that show. It was brilliant. :biggrin: Anyone else here remember the Moomins? Tempted to change my picture to the Groke, it still scares me. :lol:
Original post by RabbitCFH
It doesn't. It's like wearing a poppy on the Remembrance Day. You show you care.

You clearly have never bought a poppy before because that's exactly what you have to do to get one -- BUY it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending