The Student Room Group

NSPCC Campaign on facebook : to stop violence against children

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vickie89
i changed mine to gambit and rogue form the xmen :-D it was gonna be either hong kong phooey (my stepmum did that though) or velma from scooby doo (friend did that one) but chose to go with one my friends didnt have :smile:

I prefer Emma Frost. Because she's brilliant. :biggrin:
Original post by NaturalDisaster
I have TK, and my big brother Tai. Do you wanna mess with them? :lol: And all of the others. I have a big support base. :tongue: My brother found them all on the internet a while ago and I got totally addicted again. It was pretty worrying. But now all the links I've got are useless cos the videos got deleted. Stupid Youtube, there was 204 episodes from series 1 &2 there!!

I really do hahaha. I'm sure my old pal Daemon will deal with them. Your pals won't stand a chance.
Lol don't watch them on youtube, that's a guarenteed fail. You should try megavideo or google until you find a good site. I can't watch them yet, I have a pretty low download limit with my internet package right now so I need to wait a month to get a new one.
Reply 182
Mine is this:-

Oooo yeh, NSPCC are going to love that!
Reply 183
I prefer Emma Frost. Because she's brilliant. :biggrin:

yeah but emma frost wasnt in it when i was growing up, plus rogue and gambit were always my favourite growing up.
Reply 184
I don't think most people even realise that it's to raise awareness of child abuse, they're just following the herd..
Original post by darkwolf0139
I really do hahaha. I'm sure my old pal Daemon will deal with them. Your pals won't stand a chance.
Lol don't watch them on youtube, that's a guarenteed fail. You should try megavideo or google until you find a good site. I can't watch them yet, I have a pretty low download limit with my internet package right now so I need to wait a month to get a new one.

That sucks. Yeah, I realise that Youtube probably wasn't the best path, but I was so excited about finding Digimon again (there aren't DVDs anywhere!) that I just stuck to it anyway. :lol: I'll take your advice.

And you are totally going down. Have you met Davis yet? :lol: He's going to kick your...
Reply 186
Original post by Sendaii
Tell that to the abused kids. Real action needs to be taken. Some Facebook campaign will do **** all.

Actually, I started this instead:

This is a campaign to stop violence against children. Donate £2 (or more) to the NSPCC online before December 24th and then change your profile picture to that of a ball or backbone - to prove you have some!! Encourage your friends to do the same by posting this as your status. Hopefully, by December 25th there will be no cartoon characters on Facebook http://www.nspcc.org.uk/

Do this if you really do care. Thanks.
Was tempted to put paedobear, but I settled with Salad Fingers :rolleyes:
Original post by vickie89
yeah but emma frost wasnt in it when i was growing up, plus rogue and gambit were always my favourite growing up.

Fair enough. I didn't watch it much when I was really young, and it's not on TV much right now either, but she was my favourite in the few episodes I watched. She's just such an epic character. From what I could tell Rogue is better in the cartoon than the film, she's irritating in that. And didn't really see much of Gambit tbh.
I do stuff for NSPCC anyway but I've put my picture as lion king when he holds simba in the air :h:

64 of my FB friends have done it :yes:
Original post by gbduo
Mine is this:-

Oooo yeh, NSPCC are going to love that!

Mine is the same. :biggrin:

About 5 of my 100 or so friends actually get it though...

The others are just confused...
Reply 191
I'm Jiggly-Puff :biggrin:

I think it's really interesting tho to see what people choose for their cartoons!
Reply 192
Original post by Genocidal
What's the point?

To raise awareness of the NSPCC I guess. For example, my roommate (who's Romanian) hadn't heard of the charity until all the profile pictures started changing on Facebook, and now she's donated some money to them. :smile:
Original post by JohnnytheFox
"Raising awareness." What does that actually mean? Everyone knows the NSPCC exists.

Face it, these kind of facebook campaigns are just an excuse for people to feel less guilty about not doing anything substantial for charity. "Yeah, there are children dying in the world, but don't blame me! I did my bit and changed my profile pic to Woody Woodpecker on facebook!"

I never heard of the NSPCC until now :dontknow:
That sucks. Yeah, I realise that Youtube probably wasn't the best path, but I was so excited about finding Digimon again (there aren't DVDs anywhere!) that I just stuck to it anyway. :lol: I'll take your advice.

And you are totally going down. Have you met Davis yet? :lol: He's going to kick your...
Gatomon's butt. Probably another one of his crazy chemes to get Kari to like him.

I know right! They only have the first 15 episodes of the first season on DVD and nothing other than that. They really should release them for us faithful fans :P
Reply 195
Original post by juliewho
i'm perry the platypus (h)

meee toooo
Original post by rosee92
I'm Jiggly-Puff :biggrin:

I think it's really interesting tho to see what people choose for their cartoons!

It's mostly pokemon from what I can see.
I believe changing your facebook status to 'F*ck slacktivism' or the urbandictionary definition of slacktivism, and then pasting the link the the NSPCC donate page, is probably a vastly superior way to raise money for the NSPCC.

The campaign has got a bit of awareness going. Now do your bit and get to guilt sewing to start the money flowing :wink:
Reply 198
Original post by MHorman
Mine is the same. :biggrin:

About 5 of my 100 or so friends actually get it though...

The others are just confused...

Lol! I think you have to be a bit of a computer geek/4chan fan to get it!
Reply 199
Mines danger mouse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending