The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Is it easy to see gigs and plays in Stirling?

I've applied for Stirling and if I get an offer, I'm planning to choose it as one of my big two, but I was just wondering do many gigs and theatre shows go on in Stirling?

I know it's pretty close to Edinburgh and Glasgow for larger gigs, but do many big acts come closer to Stirling? Just wondering because there doesn't seem to be much night-time public transport between Stirling and the larger cities.
Reply 1
Original post by JoCassidy
I've applied for Stirling and if I get an offer, I'm planning to choose it as one of my big two, but I was just wondering do many gigs and theatre shows go on in Stirling?

I know it's pretty close to Edinburgh and Glasgow for larger gigs, but do many big acts come closer to Stirling? Just wondering because there doesn't seem to be much night-time public transport between Stirling and the larger cities.

I know a lot of people who manage to get to Glasgow for gigs every week. They just have to be careful with last trains home and stuff.

Big acts coming to Stirling? Don't be silly! :tongue:
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Trains from Glasgow to Stirling run very frequently, I don't think you'd have a problem going to Glasgow for the night. Only problem would be that when you get back to Stirling, the bus might have stopped running to the uni.
Reply 3
I have lived in Stirling for two years now for uni and can say that not many big acts come. A few people from bands have come to do dj sets etc but not really any huge bands. However, i have no problem in travelling to Glasgow to see big acts. The trains are so frequent to Edinburgh and Glasgow and also the citylink buses are good too and travel quite late - sometimes.

The buses that run upto uni go on till 3 or 4 in the morning so there is no problem there. There are also a lot of 24 hour taxi services and it is £6 to get upto uni if you were living up there.
It's easy to get trains to both Glasgow and Edinburgh from Stirling. For plays I think there are occasionally some at the MacRobert which is the cinema on the university campus, but again it's easy to get to Glasgow and Edinburgh where there will be many more and bigger bands and plays.

Quick Reply

Latest