The Student Room Group

worst type of bully - physical, verbal or passive aggressive

so which is the most damaging type. pick from the four types below or suggest one thats worse:

physical: physical violence only
verbal: name calling only
passive aggressive A: miniulates the victims surroundings and does little things that are harsh so as exclution, silent treatment, stopping them working or lots more (with the addition that if reported it will look like nothing)
passive aggressive B: Twisting it so the victim looks like the bully and the bully looks like the victim. This is such as making up stories, gossip and lots more little things (with the addition that if reported it will look like nothing)

So which is worst?

I say passive aggressive B due to having experanced it first hand

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by DOA
miniulates the victims surroundings

man it has to be this one i don't even know what this is like.
Reply 2
Original post by DOA
so which is the most damaging type. pick from the four types below or suggest one thats worse:

verbal: name calling only
passive aggressive A: miniulates the victims surroundings and does little things that are harsh so as exclution, silent treatment, stopping them working or lots more (with the addition that if reported it will look like nothing)
passive aggressive B: Twisting it so the victim looks like the bully and the bully looks like the victim. This is such as making up stories, gossip and lots more little things (with the addition that if reported it will look like nothing)

So which is worst?

I say passive aggressive B due to having experanced it first hand

Both forms of passive agressive bullying. I've experienced all four, constantly for three years, because some stupid common pricks thought I spoke like a "posh ****". You've got to love chavs eh...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Passive aggressive a. Because i think (that's the worst part, youre not sure if you're crazy or what?!) that's happening to me at the moment. I'm leaving them to it because when you grow up you get different groups of friends, so I'm just leaving that group to it. **** em. They can enjoy their mind games alone
Reply 4
Original post by .Ali.
Both forms of passive agressive bullying. I've experienced all four, constantly for three years, because some stupid common pricks thought I spoke like a "posh ****". You've got to love chavs eh...

You're everywhere. It seems we have the same taste in forum topics....
Reply 5
Original post by jolteon
man it has to be this one i don't even know what this is like.

Have you experienced the others?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Probably passive aggressive A. Doesn't sound too nice.
I've experienced all, and would say passive aggressive B.
Emotional.
Reply 9
Original post by Steezy
You're everywhere. It seems we have the same taste in forum topics....

Haha, it would sure seem so wouldn't it :biggrin:
Verbal, i'm surprised i'm the first one to say it
I have experienced all and passive aggressive b was for me the worst.
physical!
Original post by chronic_fatigue

what on earth is a passive aggressive?
Obviously this one because sticks and stones will break your bones but words will never harm them. Maybe not totally true for every instance but would you rather be called something or be punched in the face? If I sound ignorant to you then has anyone ever layed into you? Or have you just experienced non physical bulling?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by blue_shift86
what on earth is a passive aggressive?

Read the OP.
Read the OP.

done so....still think physical is worst. I had passive treatment but played it to my advantage by not taking any of the name calling and petty rumours and actions personally. They (the bullies) got bored of my non-reactance and eventually gave up bullying. :smile:

Peace out people! Ignore the bullies and they'll get bored and stop:smile:
Reply 17
stick and stones.
Reply 18
Original post by TheSownRose
I've experienced all, and would say passive aggressive B.

I know how you feel passive aggressive B sounds like nothing but it hurts to know the bully is being seen a victim and making others think that. My bully did everything to me and when I even reacted a tiny bit, I did something unforgivable according to them and made sure everyone knew everytime.

what did yours do
Original post by DOA
I know how you feel passive aggressive B sounds like nothing but it hurts to know the bully is being seen a victim and making others think that. My bully did everything to me and when I even reacted a tiny bit, I did something unforgivable according to them and made sure everyone knew everytime.

what did yours do

For me, it's the worst because it's the one that drives you the most insane. For all the others, it's evident that something is happening against you and, although you're right that some people do dismiss passive aggressive A, most of the time if you tell people, they'll agree and sympathise that you're being bullied.

But, in passive aggressive B, everyone believes that you're the horrible one ... so, no matter who you tell and what you say, nothing gets done because you're the bad guy. I've had people say, "Well, if you'd just try and be nice to people." Forgive me, I don't think not befriending the people that were stealing my clothes in PE yesterday is trying to be unkind.

And then, if it goes on for long enough, you begin to wonder if you are actually the bad person ... and that is when it's driven you insane.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending