The Student Room Group

Girls who wear glasses/specs

Scroll to see replies

I have reading and computer glasses and I think I look fine in them. However, as I have quite thick black frames, I find that when I wear my hair down my face can become a bit too covered. The sales assistants will be able to help you out.

These are my old frames. I now have some which have a similar frame thickness but are more rounded and have smaller lenses.

Anyone can look good in glasses, you just have to find the right frames for your style and personality. A really bubbly friend of mine has frames similar to mine but in bright red. She looks gorgeous in them!
Reply 21
I think that I look better with my glasses on.
Reply 22
guys here are my frames: i've got a small nose, long oval face and long dark hair my complexion is warm.

What do you think?

http://www.specsavers.co.uk/glasses/womens-glasses/red-or-dead-59/
http://www.specsavers.co.uk/glasses/womens-glasses/missoni-34/
Reply 23
Original post by .Ali.
They can make people look better or worse. I think I look okay in mine depending on how I do my hair.

You could always do what I do, only wear them if you're in class/watching a film/TV and things like that. I don't wear them if I'm not doing anything that requires me to see long distances lol. :tongue:

LOL.
Original post by Anonymous
guys here are my frames: i've got a small nose, long oval face and long dark hair my complexion is warm.

What do you think?

It'd be more helpful if we could see you, but I appreciate not wanting to share photos on the internet.

Have you tried any with lighter coloured frames, or thinner frames?
Reply 25
Original post by R. Murray
LOL.

Why's that ammusing? :tongue:
Reply 26
posting anonymous because you're getting glasses?! you should be proud, quite often it's the cleverer people who wear glasses :wink:
I only got glasses in september, but i wear them all the time (even though I'm just short-sighted). I actually like wearing them, and apparently I pull them off :tongue: (my boyfriend likes them anyway!). I think most girls look good in glasses :smile: i dont know anyone who looks stupid in them anyway.
Original post by .Ali.
They can make people look better or worse. I think I look okay in mine depending on how I do my hair.

You could always do what I do, only wear them if you're in class/watching a film/TV and things like that. I don't wear them if I'm not doing anything that requires me to see long distances lol. :tongue:

They could also not change you, or only make you different...

And you should probably base when you wear them on your visual requirements and what the optometrist has recommended you wear them for, not on when they make you look best.
No way. All girls looks ****ing brilliant in glasses.
Reply 29
Original post by .Ali.
Why's that ammusing? :tongue:

Why wouldn't it be? It's what optoms say during refraction! :biggrin:
It can make someone look worse if they can't pull of the frames they're wearing. When you go get your glasses just make sure you try on loads of pairs and don't settle for a pair you like, cause you're going to have to wear them pretty often so it's important you feel nice in them. I remember the first pair of glasses I got and I took ages picking mine to make sure I liked them - don't be afraid of even going into different shops - you're allowed :smile: glasses can look absolutely great if you pick a pair that suits your face! Don't worry too much about it, years ago the choice was limited and you were stuck with some pretty **** glasses, now there's some really nice ones!
Reply 31
Original post by Anonymous

What do you think?

They're nice, very similar to what I wear.
It would be more helpful to see a picture of you wearing the glasses though so we can see if they suit you!
Reply 32
I have noticed how some people look really great in glasses, but somehow, all my life, I could never find a pair that looked halfway decent on me. I finally gave up on them last year and started wearing contact lenses, and have felt MUCH better ever since !
Reply 33
Depends on the glasses you get, don't get something like gold round rimmed glasses but something nicer which suits your face shape as an alternative you could get contacts? I wear contacts and then glasses at home :smile:
I look terrible in glasses full stop. It's nothing to do with the type of glasses, I've tried on hundreds of pairs and every style, shape and material of frames. They hide my eyes and highlight my nose which is my worst feature. I guess some people just don't suit glasses. Unfortunately I need them to watch TV and during lectures and I can't make contacts not irritate me :frown:
Reply 35
Original post by becomingbindy
I look terrible in glasses full stop. It's nothing to do with the type of glasses, I've tried on hundreds of pairs and every style, shape and material of frames. They hide my eyes and highlight my nose which is my worst feature. I guess some people just don't suit glasses. Unfortunately I need them to watch TV and during lectures and I can't make contacts not irritate me :frown:

Have you tried rimless? Although if it's just for part time wear don't bother, but if you've to wear your glasses all the time then it's something to think about.
Why would glasses make you more ugly? Don't be so stereotypical. Glasses can make someone look very sophisticated.
Reply 37
Original post by TheSownRose
They could also not change you, or only make you different...

And you should probably base when you wear them on your visual requirements and what the optometrist has recommended you wear them for, not on when they make you look best.

They'll obviously make you look different unless they're rimless.

Lol, I only wear them when I absolutely have to. So for me that'd be watching TV/Sixth form/artwork. I don't see why I'd need to wear them anymore than that when I can see short distances fine? :dontknow:
Reply 38
Original post by R. Murray
Why wouldn't it be? It's what optoms say during refraction! :biggrin:

Ohhh I get it now LOL :tongue:
Reply 39
Original post by .Scout.
They're nice, very similar to what I wear.
It would be more helpful to see a picture of you wearing the glasses though so we can see if they suit you!

I'm getting the lenses put in maybe I'll upload something when i get them. Thanks for your opinion :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending