The Student Room Group

Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'bullies taunt he spoke too politely'

A schoolboy hanged himself after playground bullies terrorised him for the way he talked, it is claimed.
Bradley Wiseman, 12, who it is claimed was being targeted because of his well-spoken voice, was found at his home on Monday.
Hundreds of friends have now blasted bullies on an online memorial page who are said to have tormented Bradley at his school in Edlington, South Yorkshire.

More here.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's terribly sad when a person kills themselves because of bullying.
I think both the bullies and the parents ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Reply 2
What a great loss this young white child will be to this country. The school minsters should be ashamed of themselves. Bullying is a real problem and needs to be put a stop to. Why do teachers allow bullying to take place?
It's pathetic what people bully others for
did he died?
Reply 5
It's funny how 100% of the TSR population are anti Daily Mail, yet all of these maudlin articles are from the Mail...

Why do we need sensationalist stories clogging up our newspapers. Is there not anything more newsworthy to make a thread about. These things happen everywhere you look so why should we pay more attention to it simply because it happens in Britain.
Original post by Student#254
No. A boy has died. He was too week to change himself or seek help, it's no loss to the human gene pool.

Natural selection at play once again.

*weak
Your trolling is about as subtle as an elephant in a kitchen.
Original post by Broderss
What a great loss this young white child will be to this country. The school minsters should be ashamed of themselves. Bullying is a real problem and needs to be put a stop to. Why do teachers allow bullying to take place?

:rolleyes: gees, when will you white people stop playing the damn race card..im getting sick of it..
Sad thing is that the Bully's probably have worse problems than the boy having a well spoken accent like the IQ of a goldfish or the personality of a bulldog... shame the kid took his life over something so small, shame, my feelings go out to his parents... ****ed up situation.

With their limited powers and limited resources, how do yo propose they stop it? It's a sad situation, but I feel that teachers don't have anywhere near the freedom they need to do their jobs as well as they could, both in the teaching and social sides to their roles.

Edit: Why the neg?
(edited 13 years ago)

What's this got to do with the school ministers? Teachers "allow" it to happen usually because they are unaware of it. There's not a lot teachers can actually do to stop it (not that it's an excuse for them not to try).

Though I can't really tell if this is even a remotely serious comment, "this young white child"...
Original post by spazman21
It's funny how 100% of the TSR population are anti Daily Mail, yet all of these maudlin articles are from the Mail...

Why do we need sensationalist stories clogging up our newspapers. Is there not anything more newsworthy to make a thread about. These things happen everywhere you look so why should we pay more attention to it simply because it happens in Britain.

Mega lols. It's so funny. I hate the Daily Mail as well.:smile:
Original post by Student#254
No. A boy has died. He was too week to change himself or seek help, it's no loss to the human gene pool.

Natural selection at play once again.

Funny how Darwinists 'only the strong who survive' are usually the runts of the litter. Eg Adolf Hitler, Stalin.

Thing that bugs me most about bullying is the teachers only take action depending on who the victim/bully is.
Reply 13
Original post by Bongboy6969
:rolleyes: gees, when will you white people stop playing the damn race card..im getting sick of it..

that's not 'playing the damn race card' i was merely stating an important fact about the case. if this lad was black i wouldn't have drawn attention to his ethnicity because it probably wouldn't even be in the news.
This makes me angry. bullies have no self respect, no love and are just pathetic. in this case for example bullying this poor lad was very unspoken for. he caused no-one any harm, and from what i gather he had a great attitude. i tell u what if i see those bullies i would smash thier face in. i roll with over 100deep. they would be tought a lesson they'd not forget i tell u now! my respect to the victims family.
sungirl u ****in ****.
Reply 16
I saw this article, very sad.
Original post by sungirl
I want you to have no education and no job, no girlfriend and no friends, no hope and no future.... then talk to me, heartless piece of walking meat.
h

yes you are a discrace this lad was only 12 and you say who cares! i hate you
Reply 18
Original post by markberry91
h

yes you are a discrace this lad was only 12 and you say who cares! i hate you

I think you read my message and got nothing out of it, tbh.
Original post by spazman21

100% of the population? All 500,000 of them>

We should pay attention to things like this, because stories like these are tragic and often avoidable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending