The Student Room Group

anyone out there starting of with 3 as levels..

Yeah, so, starting of with 3 as levels? does it affect uni chances due to no fourth as level?
What unis actually ask for a fourth as level?

Please, please can someone give some feedback, thankyou! :smile:
Reply 1
not many ask for a fourth A level(if any) but they like to see an AS in another subject, ie 3 A levels and an AS
Reply 2
Having only three ASs probably won't be detrimental to your university application, providing they don't specify they need an extra AS, which some do. If you find you'd like to apply to somewhere like that you may want to consider taking up another next year, but otherwise I see no point in doing so.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by diesha
Yeah, so, starting of with 3 as levels? does it affect uni chances due to no fourth as level?
What unis actually ask for a fourth as level?

Please, please can someone give some feedback, thankyou! :smile:

In my experience, the higher end ones will ask for three A Levels and perhaps an AS. In reply to your exact question, yes; I started off with three A Levels and dropped the one I hated too late, and now only have two. Really messed up my life, without sounding melodramatic. As long as you stick with your three and attain good grades you'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks for your advise guys, you all doing 3 ?
And, rylit91, yes that is what i am a bit worried about as i am taking english lit, which i am not so confident on, and i am really worried that i am not going to be able to manage at A2, but then the one i want to drop which is french, i find i am weak in anyway :/... i am so confused :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest