The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by greenforce
ok then answer me
is voldemort gay?:biggrin:

no, maybe you mean dumbledore :redface:
Original post by Jimbo1234
Well seeing that I have met girls from almost everywhere in the UK, ranging from college drop outs to girls at Cambridge, and from a whole variety of ages, I would confidently say that my sample is reasonable and fair.

Herp derp.

Please read what the first line of my post says. Now go read the last two.......:rolleyes:

Well you may know what it was about but clearly your ability to read is lacking as you missed the bottom 2 lines..........

Fair point, but I will admit that i didn't read that far :smile: I feel stupid, don't judge :P
Reply 122
Original post by mauvetard
Suck it up dumbo, its obvious you need to go out more and stop basing your opinion about girls in general from tsr. We are smarter than you think you sexist ****!

Well the girl from TSR was really the icing on the cake as only a day or two before that some girls I knew did not know where Austria, Alaska, Vietnam, Greece or pretty much any country was, and a few weeks prior some girl and her friend has no idea about pretty much anything, I quote " I'm not good at reading proper clocks"......That's right, proper clocks.:redface:
Reply 123
Fusion's general knowledge test: Girls, without looking it up, what's the capital of Columbia?
Reply 124
Well seeing that I have met girls from almost everywhere in the UK, ranging from college drop outs to girls at Cambridge, and from a whole variety of ages, I would confidently say that my sample is reasonable and fair.

Fair enough. How are you measuring intelligence? And what aspects of intelligence are you measuring?
I think the thing is, stupid guys think they're clever. Stupid girls in general know they're stupid. Thus making the girls cleverer? Who knows?!

Anyway, who cares? I know a girl who is a bit of a moron when it comes to general knowledge, but is a straight A student and apply for medicine. When you go in for an op you aren't going to ask your doctor to give you a rough analysis of 20th century history are you?
Reply 126
Original post by Jenny_C
Fair enough. How are you measuring intelligence? And what aspects of intelligence are you measuring?

Well to be honest intelligence is hard to measure, but when girls are doing subjects such as medicine and sciences, as well as going to top 10 uni's, it is hard to not call them intelligent.
However when they say such retarded things such as ' What is a Vietnam?", I wonder if they are intelligent, or they just have a good short term memory for their chosen subject.
Original post by GeographyEllie
Fair point, but I will admit that i didn't read that far :smile: I feel stupid, don't judge :P

The term's tl;dr, it's something which we're all guilty of doing.
I was reminded of this when a girl on TSR who was 20 had no idea what 9/11 was all about, even though it will be one of the most important historical events during her life.

Omfg, he is totally exaggerating here! Our conversation went along the lines of:
Jimbo1234: Are you saying that 9/11 was provoked?
Me: Maybe?
Jimbo1234? Whaaat, have you been living under a rock your whole life? 9/11 was totally unprovoked and random.
Me: No, but it wasn't random, they planned it and must have chosen America for some reason or other.

Grrrr :mad:
yeah right
(edited 13 years ago)
This is ridiculous. I make you sick? **** off! I hate reality tv shows! No one knows all the ins and outs of it, only the Taliban do. They obviously had something against America to do it, not that they deserved it in any way!

EDIT: If the OP says that girls lack general knowledge from looking at tsr, then I can say that guys are assuming *******s who think they know everything! Oh wait, I won't say that because I'm not assuming.
(edited 13 years ago)
hmm... such "intelligence" but not the smarts to realise that interests in life differ, as well as personalities.

Celebrity culture is shallow, but so what? people who are attracted think the same way, but it's just how life is, people are different.

I must ask though, where do you find these girls who only care about X-Factor? Is it in a chav area? Even if it's in uni, then ask them about their subject. they surely should be knowledgeable about that.
Reply 132
Original post by ish90an
Well you are asking the wrong questions. You should be asking "where did iron boards come from?" and "describe the thermodynamic processes involved in sandwich production", these are more suited to the brains of a woman.

Spoiler

Your an absolute idiot. Would you say this about race? Perhaps then I should only ask indians about curry making and bollywood dancing.

I just can comprehend how people like you still exist. Idiot.
Reply 133
Did not listen. Was thinking about make up.
Reply 134
op is a misogynistic loser, we all know that

however i wont lie, alot of girls i've met are stupid as ****
Reply 135
Do other people find this to be the same with girls they meet, or guys?

I do not know whether this has already been mentioned but in case not, this may be interesting for some here. In Germany, there has been a quite extensive survey where about 600000 (!) students participated. It yields similar results as mentioned here: on average, women know less. However, they know more in fields such as "culture". For instance, it was found that they are more aware of authors of certain books.

For those of you who would like to have the source (it is in German but google translator is your friend...): http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-65414116.html

Btw, I think it is shocking that some people here do not know what WWII was all about. This was the most significant historical event of the last century, if not millenium. It was not "just" a war.
Reply 136
tbh, I think most young adults / teenagers nowadays have absolutely zero "general knowledge", and I'm talking about both GIRLS and BOYS.

I read the newspaper every single morning & I think I'm quite knowledgeable about history, geography, politics, etc. and it really annoys me how there's no one in real life I can discuss these issues with because they never know what I'm talking about :/

kind of depressing, actually.
Reply 137
Yeah its called being a human you dumbass. Opinions on many things may vary but a few may correlate.
Reply 138
Original post by (ij)
I do not know whether this has already been mentioned but in case not, this may be interesting for some here. In Germany, there has been a quite extensive survey where about 600000 (!) students participated. It yields similar results as mentioned here: on average, women know less. However, they know more in fields such as "culture". For instance, it was found that they are more aware of authors of certain books.

For those of you who would like to have the source (it is in German but google translator is your friend...): http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-65414116.html

Btw, I think it is shocking that some people here do not know what WWII was all about. This was the most significant historical event of the last century, if not millenium. It was not "just" a war.

Oh wow, I could never have dug up something as solid as that to prove my point. Thanks loads buddy! :biggrin:

It also confirms that I am not a woman hater etc, but that I am simply right!

BOOYAH! :awesome:

Original post by Bishamon
op is a misogynistic loser, we all know that

however i wont lie, alot of girls i've met are stupid as ****

Nope. OP is just right in this case. :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 139
Haha OP's a ****er!

Latest

Trending

Trending