The Student Room Group

Laptop for uni

I’m going to the University of Birmingham for Mechanical Engineering and am looking to buy a laptop that will comfortably last me 4 years, be able to run some light games and render CAD models. I’m asking because I’m a bit out of the tech circle so don’t know what I’m looking for, I have a general idea but idk what’s worth it and what’s not, any help would be appreciated. £1200-1800 ish, I’ve seen good reviews about the dell XPS 15 but I can’t get a graphics card and a 1tb hard drive on the same laptop ???
Original post by ElliotFranckeiss
I’m going to the University of Birmingham for Mechanical Engineering and am looking to buy a laptop that will comfortably last me 4 years, be able to run some light games and render CAD models. I’m asking because I’m a bit out of the tech circle so don’t know what I’m looking for, I have a general idea but idk what’s worth it and what’s not, any help would be appreciated. £1200-1800 ish, I’ve seen good reviews about the dell XPS 15 but I can’t get a graphics card and a 1tb hard drive on the same laptop ???

For storage I look for SSD instead of hard drive. https://www.zdnet.com/article/best-laptop-for-graphic-design/
Sorry but I lack the knowledge as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending