The Student Room Group

How to get an A* in A Level Bio & Chem Resit WITHOUT GOING TO COLLEGE.

Hi,

Anyone have any good tips. a
I am NOT going to college and want to resit my exams from home and change my C and D grades to an A*s.

Thank you
Original post by FormerChild
Hi,

Anyone have any good tips. a
I am NOT going to college and want to resit my exams from home and change my C and D grades to an A*s.

Thank you

Step 1 would to reflect on why you got a C / D when you sat Biology and Chemistry originally. As only by understanding why you didn't obtain an A* then, can you understand what needs to change this time around.

Did you put in sufficient effort / time to cover the material?
Did you begin revision in sufficient time?
Did you do plenty of past papers?
Did you drop marks due to lack of knowledge, or poor application of that knowledge?
Were there any eternal factors which impacted your performance?
Do you have any theories as to what might have been the issue?
What were you predicted to get, by your teachers? (This would help us understand whether the C/D grades you obtained were unexpected.)
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Step 1 would to reflect on why you got a C / D when you sat Biology and Chemistry originally. As only by understanding why you didn't obtain an A* then, can you understand what needs to change this time around.

Did you put in sufficient effort / time to cover the material?
Did you begin revision in sufficient time?
Did you do plenty of past papers?
Did you drop marks due to lack of knowledge, or poor application of that knowledge?
Were there any eternal factors which impacted your performance?
Do you have any theories as to what might have been the issue?
What were you predicted to get, by your teachers? (This would help us understand whether the C/D grades you obtained were unexpected.)

I managed my time horribly last time.
Throughout year 13, I was not revising any year 12 content or the previous year 13 content.
Come Study leave, the very next day I began my geography exams.

I had 2 weeks from between the last geography exam to my biology and chemistry exams. Recipe for disaster.

So i dropped marks due to lack of knowledge and couldn't gain that knowledge due to a lack of time.

So my plan is literally to start early (right now) and just learn year 12 and 13 again. Idk if this is a good plan and any other tips would be much appreciated.
Original post by FormerChild
I managed my time horribly last time.
Throughout year 13, I was not revising any year 12 content or the previous year 13 content.
Come Study leave, the very next day I began my geography exams.

I had 2 weeks from between the last geography exam to my biology and chemistry exams. Recipe for disaster.

So i dropped marks due to lack of knowledge and couldn't gain that knowledge due to a lack of time.

So my plan is literally to start early (right now) and just learn year 12 and 13 again. Idk if this is a good plan and any other tips would be much appreciated.

I think that is an excellent plan.

When I was listing all my questions, I almost included, "Did you revise continuously, such that you had several opportunities to keep 'old' topics fresh in your mind?"

Quick Reply

Latest