The Student Room Group

Having a night stand with a classmate, YES OR NOT?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emeleh
If its purely a physical, one night only thing just do it with someone else? That way you still get your night, but without risking awkward classes for the rest of the year!

The classmate is probably the only offer he's got (will ever get).
I think that it would be rude not to!
The question is, did he seal the deal?
Reply 23
Original post by ktlaurenroe
So true. I was in this situation once, went for it and I've not spoke to the guy since. Ignore his texts/FB chat and everything, haha, it's just awkward.

It's people like you that make it awkward though isn't it. Nothing is worse than someone deliberately making things awkward after a one night stand.
Original post by SoulfulBoy
I need a response before the next night. :rolleyes:

NO!!! it was awkward as hell the following day when she pretended nothing happened then after class asked me to be a **** buddy.... i said no.... god damn i regretted saying that
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Not necessarily. It may develop into a 'friends with benefits' thing for the OP.

which almost happened to me
Reply 26
I personally find it awkward that he promised a lot less than he gave. I'm not talking about the actual sex, because everyone's different and you can never really predict how it's going to go, but things he really could have avoided saying beforehand. Two examples: slight penis length exaggeration, and of course by slight I mean huge. And, he regularly bragged about his body being amazing and having a six pack (he didn't).
That was why in my particular instance I just found it too awkward to face up to afterwards.
If it'd just been a regular one night stand I probably would've been a bit awkward but I wouldn't intentionally make it awkward.

Oh, and I didn't ignore him in real life or anything. I just ignored his texts where he'd ask me if I wanted to "meet up" again, etc. I'm not that harsh.

Women never do things like wear make up, push up/padded bras or anything like that in order to make men think they are something more than they seem though do they?
Reply 27
I've done this before, i never found it awkward afterwards. just be wary, some girls expect a 'relationship' after. but thats only the clingy ones :s-smilie:.
Reply 28
I would never. Awkward or not, you'll tell your closest friends, so will she (and those friends will tell their closest friends). And if you develop a FWB-thing, uncomfortable discussions eventually arise, which everyone will silently take part in. And then you find yourself skipping classes to avoid her. Or she hooks up with a new guy in class and you can hear their tongues smacking behind you and she looks at you thinking "why is he being weird" and you look at her thinking "omg look normal, don't appear jealous".

Yeah, awkward.

Is she super hot? just find someone else, there are enough girls out there.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
So true. I was in this situation once, went for it and I've not spoke to the guy since. Ignore his texts/FB chat and everything, haha, it's just awkward.

You might aswell just speak to him though it wouldn't hurt? lool why did you ignore him anyway was he acting stupid??
no.
Reply 31
If she is really attractive to you, then yes

D:

Assuming you meant one night stand, as long as you're clear on limits and what it means to both of you and there's very little chance either of you will get hurt then why not?
Reply 33
I don't really see him often in real life so it's not that bad haha. But yeah, basically he lied about several, let's say, 'physical attributes' :rolleyes:
That in itself was awkward, so were several things that happened, I'd rather just forget it ever occurred.. :')

ahh he was telling long tales... did he headbutt you or something... I love a good bit of fail and I want to as ask more but I will have to go against my better judgement and stop myself...
the platinum rule:eek:
Original post by emeleh
If its purely a physical, one night only thing just do it with someone else? That way you still get your night, but without risking awkward classes for the rest of the year!

nah the motherChucker should just go for it
Reply 36
haha, long tales indeed! that turned out not to be so long... it's not liked i'd have cared but why lie when i'm clearly going to find out?! so silly :') and no, no headbutting :P

lool for him to lie about it i'm guessing it turned out to be a cocktail sausage... He was probably Self-conscious about it.... hmm then then he must have been a belly button hunter....
Reply 37
From experience..don't do it.
I'm all for living life to the full, experimenting and living in the moment but I had to change courses in September because I found myself in bed with a classmate after a game of Ring Of Fire.
Shame cause I lost a friend and 3 weeks worth of lectures from changing to a new course.

Yeah, just don't do it.
Reply 38
Original post by jenny.chu
From experience..don't do it.
I'm all for living life to the full, experimenting and living in the moment but I had to change courses in September because I found myself in bed with a classmate after a game of Ring Of Fire.
Shame cause I lost a friend and 3 weeks worth of lectures from changing to a new course.

Yeah, just don't do it.

Why would you change courses just because of one person? :lolwut:
Yeah, then you can be late to class together. :lovedup2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending