The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

I haven't even looked outside this morning (have a sky light in bedroom so can't see anything), but I bet there's hardly any! We had it all a few weeks ago though, so I'd probably cry if it was bad as that again. I need to get home today! And home is further North! Argh! And then my boyf has got to travel north next week again (to pick up his xmas present!)
Woke up to a few very very thing patches on the ground. We're predicted quite a bit on saturday and more on monday/tuesday. Knowing where I live the predictions should be halved, even though that particular website has been very accurate in the past I think 30cm is more than unlikely...

EDIT: It originally said 6cm was unlikely. While this is true, the actual forecast is 5cm tonight, 20cm tomorrow and 4cm on sunday - almost impossible.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 682
When there was snow before my interview, I was a complete Scrooge, shaking my fist at the sky and muttering, the works. Now I'm perfectly childish and content :smile:
Reply 683
Is there loads of snow in London? Got to go to heathrow on Tuesday. :s-smilie:
Absolutely nothing here in London, a few white flakes on top of cars at most. :dry:
I hate snow. I had to put it away in nfront of the house at this morning. It took me 30 minutes and my back is hurting now.

school buses are cancelled here and only a few students are left to teach..... 9 of 28 in my history class. I hate this. When the snow has gone they will ask for the copies of this week. Knowing me I will not find them and go for new ones.

it is damn cold and it takes me longer than usual to get to work or to university.
Original post by Prokaryotic_crap
No snow in London yet, expected to snow soon though, just really really cold right now

Thank you. Just hope it stays that way for now :h:
Original post by apo1324
Is there loads of snow in London? Got to go to heathrow on Tuesday. :s-smilie:

Read a page back. Or the post I quoted above this one, or the post under yours :p:
Nothing in Brizzle but we did get a bit just now, didn't settle.

I hope the snow holds off for a while. I can't go home from uni until Saturday night as I have to work on Saturday...the snow is expected to come on Saturday. ugh. I want to go hooooome. :frown:
Reply 689
Original post by Loz17
Read a page back. Or the post I quoted above this one, or the post under yours :p:

Yeah, only just realised. Sorry. :smile:
Maaaan it better not be icy this weekend, I'm 21 tomoro and I really don't wanna fall on my drunken ass :frown:
Reply 691
I do think its silly that the whole of the UK seems to shut down when theres snow though - I mean in some places I can understand if, for example my parents live in the countryside and they live in a lane that doesn't get any grit or anything...a few years ago we got proper snowed in for a few days but saying that there seems to be so many people 'oh no there's a cm of snow I can't go to school/work/uni' etc...I mean all my schools in the area (I live right opposite one too) are shut today - why? all the main roads are clear, I know some of the kids will come from the valleys etc (and they do have it bad up there) but here in the city its snowy yes, impassable no. Its like when it snowed last year I couldn't get into uni because the buses wern't running - roads were fine, uni was open...If I had a car I would have driven, but instead I can't actually get on and do the things Im meant to because someone else thinks the snow is 'too bad'.
Last year I lived with a girl from Italy she thought it was so funny how we basically come to a stop every time it snows, she lives at the foot of the swiss alps and she says they often get a couple of ft or so, everyone just gets on with it...
The UK just isnt prepared to deal with this type of weather - which I think is ridiculous considering it seems to be happening more and more frequently - I think as a child I remember snow maybe twice....I think its happened at least 6 occasions in the last 2 years now..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 692
Bristol be snowless.
Original post by suzie101
otherwise its me and the hamster with a can of soup.....:redface:

I'm sure things won't get that desperate.
Reply 694
our car is stuck
Original post by Taste of Honey
Nothing in Brizzle but we did get a bit just now, didn't settle.

I hope the snow holds off for a while. I can't go home from uni until Saturday night as I have to work on Saturday...the snow is expected to come on Saturday. ugh. I want to go hooooome. :frown:

I don't think its properly snowed once in Bristol this winter. Wales on the otherhand seems to be struck by over 5 inches of it! I pray the trains will be trouble free this afternoon.
wales has had a fair bit!
i live in south wales & for the moment the snow has stopped:frown:
but we had 7 and a half inches, roughly 19cm :biggrin:!
love it because wales only had a little bit 2 weeks back :')
& apparently a bit more coming later :biggrin:
Reply 697
Let it snow let it snow let it snow =)
Reply 698
Snow here! I hope it'll stay, though I have my doubts. It looks very pretty and cosy. Luckily, nothing closes down here when it snows.
Reply 699
About 0.01 of in inch here! Pretty pointless..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending