The Student Room Group

Anyone waiting for things from Amazon?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mega Nerd
I ordered a couple of things on the 27th November, 4 items on 2 orders. They were all dispatched on the next day.

One order came well before the estimated date, this wasn't from Amazon, but a seller.

I'm still waiting for the other, over 2 weeks after the estimated delivery date, 3rd December. I've emailed and emailed them and I don't get anything useful back from them.

About a week ago, I ordered something else, again from Amazon itself. It arrived a couple of days ago.

Anyone else waiting for things?

I ordered on the exact same dates/same expected delivery dates but I still haven't got my stuff ! Did you get a Black Friday deal ? :awesome:
The stuff from Amazon came a couple of days ago, but those from Play still haven't come (ordered on the 29th).
Reply 42
Original post by Fabtastic
I ordered on the exact same dates/same expected delivery dates but I still haven't got my stuff ! Did you get a Black Friday deal ? :awesome:

Nope :frown: I was still happy with the price, they were about £15 cheaper on Amazon. I just hope I get everything before Christmas!
The postman seems to have given up around ours at the moment, so I'm not holding much hope for my Brother's present to get here in time! But I've explained the situation & he said it's okay and I can just give it to him when it comes :biggrin: I have got two other things for him which I can give to him on the day, so all is well (ish)!
Reply 44
Original post by fran.ha
I ordered some things early December and they took longer than expected to arrive, by about a week. I recommend you contact them and ask what to do - when I contacted them they were really helpful and told me that only after a certain date could I claim back or get them re-posted. Also try contacting your post office depot to see if they might be able to help?

When I've contacted them, all the emails were rubbish and automated. Nothing barely applied to what I asked them and it's been no help.

Did you contact them by phone or email?
Reply 45
I ordered some ethics to coincide with the release of wikileaks. I'm still waiting.

Real 'Jeremey Hunt' company.
Amazon are just total epicness, I ordered something for my sister at the end of november and my mum ordered something for my grandad on the same day, weirdly they both came in the same package addressed to my mum, however I got a parcel the other day with my sisters present in it :s-smilie: I haven't got a clue what happened there but 2 for 1 sounds good to me :biggrin:
Original post by sandys1000
The stuff from Amazon came a couple of days ago, but those from Play still haven't come (ordered on the 29th).

They have lost it. Call them up and say that you haven't got the item.

I think you can call them up to say you haven't got an item after 14 days or 20 days.

If you wait too long they won't send you a replacement.
Reply 48
my order is roughly a week over due, it was estimated for 16th Dec :angry: stupid snow
My nuclear beam rifle was lost in the snow. I'm going to file a formal complaint
Reply 50
When I've contacted them, all the emails were rubbish and automated. Nothing barely applied to what I asked them and it's been no help.

Did you contact them by phone or email?

By email.

Got a pretty good reply, at least it answered my questions :erm: Probably slightly automated but it answered all my questions.
Reply 51
My boyfriend's mummy ordered something from Amazon at the beginning of December which took about three weeks to travel from the Scottish distribution centre to the north-west one a few days ago. Today we checked again and it's down to the Dorset one now :smile:

Might be the snow being severely different across the country so could be a case of simply being patient. Depending on what you ordered, there may be a wayto track your purchase online.
Original post by DorianGrayism

I think you can call them up to say you haven't got an item after 14 days or 20 days.

It came today :tongue:
I ordered a couple of things on the 27th November, 4 items on 2 orders. They were all dispatched on the next day.

One order came well before the estimated date, this wasn't from Amazon, but a seller.

I'm still waiting for the other, over 2 weeks after the estimated delivery date, 3rd December. I've emailed and emailed them and I don't get anything useful back from them.

About a week ago, I ordered something else, again from Amazon itself. It arrived a couple of days ago.

Anyone else waiting for things?

omg, me too! i ordered two things on 3rd December and they havent arrived yet! I think they were dispatched together but there's no tracking info. I emailed a few days ago asking about it but havent had a response yet! Don't know what to do!
Reply 54
Yep I ordered some things, all the stuff from marketplace sellers came quickly. Unfortunately my brother's Christmas present, which was supposed to be delivered by 23rd December, won't arrive in time for Christmas. I'm in China so I can't just go out and get him another from the shops, at least I sent his card well in advance so he'll have that to open come Christmas Day :smile:
Reply 55
You should call your local postal sorting office. It may have just been delivered but Royal Mail havent been able to deliver it. you could pick it up if it comes to it?
My mum ordered some stuff about two weeks ago, that should have been delivered by the end of last week. She is still waiting. :/

Also waiting for something off Play.com, which was sent over a week ago...
Original post by DorianGrayism

The website says 21 days. :frown:
I ordered a few things, they came late but at least they came. However, I ordered something due for the 8th and no show. I waited past the time they said they could confirm it as lost and send me another, and it's been a week since that. :s-smilie:
Original post by Lewis :D
I've ordered stuff and I had that email too

same! I ordered something 5th Dec

it arrived on the 15th (4 working days late)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending