The Student Room Group

This should be fun - WW3

North Korea 'ready for sacred war' with the South

North Korea's armed forces minister has said his country is ready for a "sacred war of justice" using the nuclear deterrent.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12067735

Despite the millions/billions of innocent people that would be slaughtered in an all out nuclear war I really excited for this to take off....but it probably won't. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Meh, as long as they let us enjoy Christmas first. I am glad, however, that North Cumbria is outside the blast radius of a nuke at South Cumbria's Barrow. :wink:
Europe will probably not get involved on a war in the Korean peninsula, because we don't have the military resources that we did in the last war.

However the prospect is still terrifying. Within a day, millions of people would be dead due to North Korean shelling of Seoul and Inchon. More than 24.5m people live in the Seoul metropolitan area. It would be another holocaust.
Reply 3
Kim Jong is waiting for Christmas Day. He would love to put the West on a big downer.
lol North Korea is just making empty threats although south korea has been too aggressive recently
Reply 5
So...North Korea is gone off the map? I can't see China or Russia fighting for them...
Reply 6
If this is what the world needs, so be it. I just hope it's quick.
Reply 7
Original post by MAchInE_hEAd
North Korea 'ready for sacred war' with the South

North Korea's armed forces minister has said his country is ready for a "sacred war of justice" using the nuclear deterrent.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12067735

Despite the millions/billions of innocent people that would be slaughtered in an all out nuclear war I really excited for this to take off....but it probably won't. :frown:

are you psychotic??

if we entered an all out nuclear war, what little of the planet that wasn't nuked to begin with would have radioactive fallout on it... how could you be excited at the prospect of entire countries being wiped out?

a nuclear war would be severly worse than previous world wars. simply because there would be very little left of what was hit. look what happened in hiroshima and nagasarky when the atom bomb went off! these nuclear warheads are several times more powerful!

i highly doubt the north koreans would want every world power with the means to do so, bomb it flat with as much TNT as the can get there hands on... besides if there scrapping nuclear treaties what makes you think NBC (nuclear, biological and chemical) weapons wont be used all together?

if i could neg rep you i would...
Reply 8
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Europe will probably not get involved on a war in the Korean peninsula, because we don't have the military resources that we did in the last war.

However the prospect is still terrifying. Within a day, millions of people would be dead due to North Korean shelling of Seoul and Inchon. More than 24.5m people live in the Seoul metropolitan area. It would be another holocaust.

South Korea (not looking for an in-depth argument here) is hardly defenseless. There will be numerous casualties for the North Korean forces too. The DMZ is hardly a walk in the park.

Granted they don't have anywhere near the same military force that the North Koreans do, but I agree, it will be a battle that costs millions of lives.

Do you think America's intervention is a far-fetched theory, too? I'm honestly unsure if they will involve themselves. A security detail, maybe?
Don't want mass slaughtering of any civilians in North or South korea but clearly the near fascist and out of control commie government in NK has to go down somehow, even their big buddy China thinks so
Reply 10

Hmm, South Korea seem to be getting ripped off compared to North Korea. I mean they have a budget 5 times larger than North Korea and yet own half as much in comparison. I know the North Korean budget is an estimate but that surely can't be right.
(edited 13 years ago)
How many nuclear bombs does NK have anyway? And
are they any good?

I don't se china stepping in to help NK, if anything I see them taking over NK and turning it into china.
: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Einstein
Reply 13
Original post by chaz1992

Hmm, South Korea seem to be getting ripped off compared to North Korea. I mean they have a budget 5 times larger than North Korea and yet own half as much in comparison. I know the North Korean budget is an estimate but that surely can't be right.

North Korea has conscription I believe, and wages and standards of living are a lot lower. Think Tsarist Russia: poor as anything, but with a massive army.
Reply 14
Original post by loki276
lol North Korea is just making empty threats although south korea has been too aggressive recently

Oh yes. The shelling of a S.korean island. How absolutely unaggressive.

How about watching the news for once?
Original post by MAchInE_hEAd

I wish America gets proper nuked.
Reply 16
Imo, North Korea have short man syndrome because their country isn't that big compared to China. South Korea are acting too big for their boots just because they've got the west on their side. Do South Korea really need to do their nuclear exercises near North Korea's territory? Surely that's like someone starting a fire right outside your house. I'm sure you'd go out and do something about it?
Reply 17
Original post by DH-Biker
Meh, as long as they let us enjoy Christmas first. I am glad, however, that North Cumbria is outside the blast radius of a nuke at South Cumbria's Barrow. :wink:

I live in Barrow~! :frown: Well about 4 miles away in Dalton.
Original post by chaz1992

You seem to be missing the relatively important point that numbers are far from everything these days. The equipment employed by the South is far superior. And that, you know, whereas South Korea would have the backing of the most powerful country in the world, the North is unlikely to get any sort of war winning assistance from anyone.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Law123mus
How many nuclear bombs does NK have anyway? And
are they any good?

I don't se china stepping in to help NK, if anything I see them taking over NK and turning it into china.

They have 6-8 warheads, and the supposed list:

3x 30 Megaton Nuclear Warheads (Aside from America's "FINAL STRAW" the largest Nuclear Warhead). The Chile 8.8 Earthquake will be minor compared to the blast wave of this. Nuclear mushroom cloud stretches to about 33 kilometers high, which (given atmospheric conditions) will spread fallout for thousands of miles.
2x 10 Megaton - Obviously a third of the power.
5x 1 Megaton - A tenth of the 10 megaton. Would mainly be used for destroying large formations of men and equipment, bridges, tactical areas - etc.

They have around 8 ways of delivering them. From cruise missiles to 2 stage SCUD to ICBMs.

China probably wont help. But if they do, the 3rd World War will well and truly kick off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending