The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Darwin houses/flats are nice for the record. I can't really say much more as I haven't been in any Darwin rooms myself!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 341
Original post by MelissaJayne
Would you have to travel far for Kent, where are you from? Whereas with me, being from Essex, it's like next door anyway! :biggrin:

My offer pack came today in the post from Kent. The first thing my mum said when she looked at the accommodation booklet was "Right, when are we going to have a look at them, then?" I tried dissuading her but she honestly wants to have a look at the "surrounding areas" of the flats and houses.. Hmm, wonder what she'll say when I tell her I'm not paying extra for an en-suite? Aha

I live in Laandaaaan, so it's not too far to get to Kent! Didn't quite fancy having to sit on a train for hours and hours to visit my family; I kind of like the idea of popping home for the weekend :rolleyes: That said, I think Kent's far away enough for them not to be coming round to mine every weekend either!
Original post by saaail
My offer pack came today in the post from Kent. The first thing my mum said when she looked at the accommodation booklet was "Right, when are we going to have a look at them, then?" I tried dissuading her but she honestly wants to have a look at the "surrounding areas" of the flats and houses.. Hmm, wonder what she'll say when I tell her I'm not paying extra for an en-suite? Aha

I live in Laandaaaan, so it's not too far to get to Kent! Didn't quite fancy having to sit on a train for hours and hours to visit my family; I kind of like the idea of popping home for the weekend :rolleyes: That said, I think Kent's far away enough for them not to be coming round to mine every weekend either!

Nowhere looks like a dump! :p: What choices are you thinking of putting down?

And, yeah, I come from Essex and it's easy enough for me to get home, but my parents don't come down all the time! Being too far away from home isn't all that!
Original post by saaail
What do you know about Darwin Houses? I can't seem to find much information about them at all :s-smilie:

Oh i saw the darwin houses on the humanities open day! I really liked them... basically they are a collection of houses in which everyone has there own room.. you either share a house with 5 or 7 people... there is one bathroom, a kitchen and 2 seperate toilets! i thought it would be a really nice place to make friends because you are in a house together.. but its still self-catering on campus! :smile:
Original post by jaydemikaela
I did :smile: And Tyler Court B & C is my second :smile:

do you know much about the keynes extension though? cos they don't say much! and did you apply for the town houses or the flats?
Reply 345
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Nowhere looks like a dump! :p: What choices are you thinking of putting down?

I'm going to be brave and go for self-catering accommodation next year :rolleyes: So I'm looking at Darwin Houses and Park Wood houses and.. and the Keynes Extension has 'town houses', right? I quite fancy the idea of houses, in theory! I've heard great things about Tyler Court but I don't know if I have the money for it, really..

Any recommendations are welcome and every scrap of advice will be taken graciously!

Original post by dvtrainis
Oh i saw the darwin houses on the humanities open day! ... i thought it would be a really nice place to make friends because you are in a house together.. but its still self-catering on campus! :smile:

That's my reasoning behind it too! I'm hoping that by going for the self-catering option, I'll make friends easier.. Or at least quicker, seeing as they have no where to hide at the end of the day :smile:
Original post by dvtrainis
Oh i saw the darwin houses on the humanities open day! I really liked them... basically they are a collection of houses in which everyone has there own room.. you either share a house with 5 or 7 people... there is one bathroom, a kitchen and 2 seperate toilets! i thought it would be a really nice place to make friends because you are in a house together.. but its still self-catering on campus! :smile:

Darwin's my third choice! It sounds pretty good!:biggrin:

Oh yeah, seeing as it's technically Christmas day.... MERRY CHRISTMAS! :woo:
Original post by saaail
I'm going to be brave and go for self-catering accommodation next year :rolleyes: So I'm looking at Darwin Houses and Park Wood houses and.. and the Keynes Extension has 'town houses', right? I quite fancy the idea of houses, in theory! I've heard great things about Tyler Court but I don't know if I have the money for it, really..

Any recommendations are welcome and every scrap of advice will be taken graciously!

That's my reasoning behind it too! I'm hoping that by going for the self-catering option, I'll make friends easier.. Or at least quicker, seeing as they have no where to hide at the end of the day :smile:

Nothing wrong with self-catering. If you can't be arsed, Essentials stocks plenty of noodles :wink: I don't know much about Keynes extension, they're being built at the moment! Parkwood have mini-houses. Kitchen downstairs with toiler/rooms upstairs. If you want to go seld-catering but don't have piles of money, Parkwood is probably best. AFAIK, Darwin are quite pricey. If you can afford it then Tyler Court is definitely one to look at, but I imagine a fair of amount of people apply for it!
Reply 348
I've got an offer for Drama and Theatre Studies AAB :smile:
Was very pleasantly with the university on the open day !
I applied for accommodation yesterday, I bit the bullet and put New Keynes first and Tyler court second. Has anyone else applied for the New Keynes en suite or know any more about it please?
Original post by Kerry-Louise123
I applied for accommodation yesterday, I bit the bullet and put New Keynes first and Tyler court second. Has anyone else applied for the New Keynes en suite or know any more about it please?

I chose the same as you :smile: Don't know much about it though.
Original post by jaydemikaela
I chose the same as you :smile: Don't know much about it though.

Ah thanks, at least I am not the only one. I don't know much either, just need to hope it is nice! :smile:
Original post by Kerry-Louise123
Ah thanks, at least I am not the only one. I don't know much either, just need to hope it is nice! :smile:

It should be, it costs enough!
Original post by holsta25
I've got an offer for Drama and Theatre Studies AAB :smile:
Was very pleasantly with the university on the open day !

oooh, what do you do? I've got an interview Feb 9th :smile:
Reply 354
I just put Kent down as my firm choice! I applied for accomodation about 3 weeks ago, tyler court B anc C as my first choice, Keyenes extension flats as my 2nd, darwin houses then parkwood houses :smile:
Reply 355
It's scary that by the time you guys (potentially) get in I'll be in my final year, having been on here doing the same not very long ago :s-smilie:

good luck though :smile:
Kent - Applied for L111 Financial Economics .. havent heard from them yet.
I've applied for Drama here and have yet to hear anything, fingers crossed!
Got my offer!!! So happy, psychology AAB :biggrin:

So is application for accomodation open already? I thought someone said it didn't open until March..?
I know I am (probably) 2 months behind you guys, my application finally went yesterday. Kent is definately my favorite uni, so I hope to hear back soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending