The Student Room Group

Did I lead him on?

After I got a job post-uni I became much closer with one of my guy friends (knew him for about 3-4yrs) for about a few months. We did a lot of coupley stuff and spoke on the phone a lot but never had sex, the furthest it ever got was he would play with my tits once or twice in bed. I never knew he really liked me though and got with another guy for one night. I told my friend we should stay as friends but he told me was properly into me. If he'd said something earlier we probably would've had a relationship but I decided to move on. He got really upset and one evening a few months later he bought me a box of chocolates + xmas card saying we should still be friends, told me he still liked me and somehow we ended up spending the night together at mine. I still didn't want a relationship though but he wasn't getting the message so for the next few months even though he wanted to hang out I didn't know what to do but basically ignore him. In the end I had to tell him that the night we hooked up I was just really upset about work and was hugely drunk and that he took too much notice of us holding hands, texting a lot etc that I mentioned at the beginning.

Ever since then he's bitched to our mutual friends about me, how much I led him on and how I didn't care about our friendship at all (which is not true). From what i've said, does this seem to be the case? I was honest with him that I didn't want a relationship but he never listened and never stopped bugging me. Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Nah. Might have seemed so for him but I don't think you did.
Reply 2
No, it doesn't feel like you've led him on. I just think he felt a tad humiliated and needed to get his 'manliness' back. So I would just ignore him for a while, let everything cool off. And if he carries on saying things about you that you aren't happy about, tell your friends and him that they aren't true and never will be true.

I hope I helped. :smile:
Reply 3
of course u led him on its bloody obvious!!
I'd like a bit of whatever you guys are smoking.

A girl constantly phones/texts a guy, they hold hands (in public?) and the guy gets a bit of boob action all over " a few months" and that's not leading someone on?! Then she has a one night stand (or atleast it looks like that from the OP) with a random guy before telling her friend to cool off? And to top it off all it takes for the guy to get some action again is a box of chocolates at christmas ?!

And at no point she led him on????

What. The. ****?!
Reply 5
You let him 'play' with your tits 'a couple of times'. And you think you didn't lead him on? Lol.
Reply 6

You slept with him and still feel the need to ask this question?
Reply 7
Looks like a guy was just shy to approach you for the further relationship business or wanted more signs and that he was always into you.
Shame it turned out that way...
Original post by Tomac
You let him 'play' with your tits 'a couple of times'. And you think you didn't lead him on? Lol.

Lol :biggrin: Wish more girls let me do that :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
After I got a job post-uni I became much closer with one of my guy friends (knew him for about 3-4yrs) for about a few months. We did a lot of coupley stuff and spoke on the phone a lot but never had sex, the furthest it ever got was he would play with my tits once or twice in bed. I never knew he really liked me though and got with another guy for one night. I told my friend we should stay as friends but he told me was properly into me. If he'd said something earlier we probably would've had a relationship but I decided to move on. He got really upset and one evening a few months later he bought me a box of chocolates + xmas card saying we should still be friends, told me he still liked me and somehow we ended up spending the night together at mine. I still didn't want a relationship though but he wasn't getting the message so for the next few months even though he wanted to hang out I didn't know what to do but basically ignore him. In the end I had to tell him that the night we hooked up I was just really upset about work and was hugely drunk and that he took too much notice of us holding hands, texting a lot etc that I mentioned at the beginning.

Ever since then he's bitched to our mutual friends about me, how much I led him on and how I didn't care about our friendship at all (which is not true). From what i've said, does this seem to be the case? I was honest with him that I didn't want a relationship but he never listened and never stopped bugging me. Thoughts?

Nah, why would anyone think that? :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Original post by fishfacesimpson
Lol :biggrin: Wish more girls let me do that :wink:

Same here :biggrin:
We wouldn't need to try so hard to get laid.. Now would we :rolleyes:
:redface:
Original post by Inversion
Nah, why would anyone think that? :rolleyes:

Exactly. It's pretty obvious you led him along. Although he should have mentioned that he was that into you (as seems to be the case). Still, letting a guy "play with your tits a couple of times" does give a certain message.
Reply 12
Original post by Yawn11
You slept with him and still feel the need to ask this question?

first of all I didn't sleep with him. Over christmas he wanted sex but I stopped it before it got that far saying things were moving too quickly. He claims I reciprocated his feelings for me but I don't remember saying anything like but I was really drunk. And I told him clearly the next day we should just stay as friends anyway. Secondly, him being touchy feely under the covers only happened twice, hardly a big thing
Reply 13
Are you stupid?
Original post by RabbitCFH
Nah. Might have seemed so for him but I don't think you did.

Because nothing says "I like you as a friend, no more, I never want anything sexual or romantic to happen between us ever" than a girl letting a guy fondle her breasts not once, not twice but thrice (third one's the key) :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Original post by fishfacesimpson
Because nothing says "I like you as a friend, no more, I never want anything sexual or romantic to happen between us ever" than a girl letting a guy fondle her breasts not once, not twice but thrice (third one's the key) :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Quoted purely for the Mr Burns reference :wink:
Original post by Tomac

I concur, once titty fondling comes into the picture that's game on in my book

wise up OP
Reply 17
Original post by el scorcho

wise up OP

I told him about a month afterwards that we were getting too close and should stay as friends. He just didn't listen. Ok i ****ed up over christmas and should never have done anything then but even after i told him he didn't get the message. I did like him, just not enough and think most of it was because i was living by myself in a new flat, in a job I didn't like with people I didn't get on with. I didn't want to hurt his feelings because he was a mate.

And then after it had all happened at xmas if he'd just given me some space instead of constantly bugging me about hanging out for about 6 months after christmas we could still be friends but he didn't and made things bigger than they were by telling all his mates.
Reply 18
Original post by el scorcho

wise up OP

Titty fondling. :biggrin:
I'm stealing your word, good sir.
+repd just for that word. :cool:
Original post by Anonymous
I told him about a month afterwards that we were getting too close and should stay as friends. He just didn't listen. Ok i ****ed up over christmas and should never have done anything then but even after i told him he didn't get the message. I did like him, just not enough and think most of it was because i was living by myself in a new flat, in a job I didn't like with people I didn't get on with. I didn't want to hurt his feelings because he was a mate.

And then after it had all happened at xmas if he'd just given me some space instead of constantly bugging me about hanging out for about 6 months after christmas we could still be friends but he didn't and made things bigger than they were by telling all his mates.

Wise up FFS. He made it into a big deal because he obviously fancied the pants off you and it seems you gave him more than enough signals to suggest you liked him back.

Blaming a night's events on alcohol is ****ing *******s. Show some responsibility for your actions

You knew him for 3 years? Sounds like you treated him like dirt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending