The Student Room Group

Are you really British ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by RyanT
+1

That question was actually wrong

Ended up with 21/24 but annoyed about that question. Got the vet thing and the welsh comp testing wrong as well (honestly who gives a **** about the latter? lol). :lolwut:

Not keen on these questions, they're about how the government works not daily life in the UK.

More history wouldn't be a bad idea too.
18 out of 24, I'm not British though.
2/24

ha ha o wel gud job I h8 dis country lol!!
Reply 83
Original post by Manitude
My complaint was about the question and answer.
If Wales was the correct answer then it would mean that wales was larger than England, which it definately isn't.

Now it could just be my imagination, but it looks to me like Wales could comfortably fit inside england with plenty of room to spare. That would usually mean that wales was smaller than england...

To me the 'After' meant which is the biggest after Scotland, England is bigger than Scotland, meaning that you should consider it before Scotland and come to the conclusion that Wales is the correct answer.

Edit: Thanks for the map btw :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 84
17/24

They'll be after me soon xD
Total Score: 17/24 (70 %)
You have FAILED the Test

Also, looking at some of those, a good grasp of written English isn't a requirement.
I refuse to be told that I'm not British enough to immigrate by a test that talks about "None UK Citizens"
Lol at the natives failing the test
19/24. I'm not a citizen anyway.
Reply 90
Total Score: 18/24 (75 %)
You have PASSED the Test
You need to get at least 75% (18 Questions correct) to pass this test

and im not british or living in Britain (although i do go to a private british school).
test seemed abit of a joke though, is it the real deal?
Reply 91
I passed, but the phrasing of some of those questions was downright stupid.
Reply 92
Failed. :ahee:
22/24. That test was bull**** though.

Really, it should ask about traditional British cuisine and history.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 94
13/24 lmao
20/24 (on my fifth try)...
im guessing all the nigerians will fail this

LOOOL! i failed test like a gangster :king1:
(edited 13 years ago)
23/24 and i'm american.

i got all but "No laws passed by the Parliament can be challenged by any British court" right. the idea that Parliament can pass laws and the courts can't challenge those laws is kinda scary to me. i assume the brits have another way of changing/challenging laws passed by Parliament?
Reply 98
I failed, then took another one and failed worse. I am a terrible Briton :frown:
Reply 99
17/24... gutted :frown:

Although I would disagree that Scotland is larger than Wales is larger than England. Also I don't think these are actual questions from the test ("None UK citizens can vote and hold a British passport").

But the questions are similar topics I guess, so not saying I would necessarily have passed without the mistakes lol.

EDIT: Failed twice again lol, both times with 16. But I make excuses again... it thinks the smoking age is 16 and that Labour is in power!

2nd EDIT: Finally passed... fourth time lucky. And woah, didn't realise paternity leave was so small...
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending