Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Modern Languages (German & ab initio Italian) at St. Mary's :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Wow, I'm honoured that the 2000th post quoted me :smile:
Who is thinking of going to the open days in March?
Original post by cpdavis
I hope to get an offer from Durham, but from seeing some of the maths rejects, it's really unlikely :frown:

People are getting rejected already? You will get an offer hopefully though!
Reply 1983
Economics at St. Hild and Bede!! :biggrin:
Anyone else going there??

Oxford reject :frown:

Applied to Warwick and bristol as well...
but really like Durham!!
haha :biggrin: omg, we could end up at the same place... which is your firm do you think... if I get Durham than thats my favourite followed closely by exeter :smile:
yeah same here... I like going out with friends and stuff... but every night is a bit heavy... I prefer somewhere a bit more chilled where you can just relax with friends and stuff... thats why I like the college system at Durham and the uni itself... it seems like you can go out if you like... but there are also pubs and stuff to just hang out at. My friend has applied to St Andrewds for economics... it looks really nice.. I wanted to apply there.. but they dont do law :frown: ah... decisions decisions..:smile:
I got a conditional from Durham earlier this month for history. I believe all I have to do is fill out a form, so essentially it is unconditional. Today I got an acceptance letter from Van Mildert. Can anyone tell me about this college? I didn't have a college preference and really don't know much about it. I'm leaning much more towards St. Andrews though to be honest.
Reply 1987
Original post by nuttynatz
Durham is my favourite.. but i'm pretty much happy wherever I go :biggrin: uni sounds amazing. I've got offers from Exeter and Surrey:smile:, still waiting on Durham and Warwick.. and was recently rejected from Oxford:mad:

and you?

Me too - Oxford reject, offer from Exeter & waiting on Durham, - I'd love to get an offer from there...but have also applied to King's & Bristol. Which college did you apply to?
Original post by Bobcat65
Anyone got an offer for Natural Sciences yet?

Ye I have, at St Mary's College, what does ur AES say?
Reply 1989
I've applied for NatSci at St Cuths, hopefully it wont be too long til i hear from them :smile:
I just checked the natural sciences website for my particular choice, and I have realised there is much less flexibility than I initially thought, but thats alright, they are good modules
Are people generally applying to BSc or MSci natural sciences?
Reply 1991
Original post by LukethePianoMan
I just checked the natural sciences website for my particular choice, and I have realised there is much less flexibility than I initially thought, but thats alright, they are good modules
Are people generally applying to BSc or MSci natural sciences?

I've applied for the MSci in physics but I think I'm going to try and do the physics and maths joint honours instead. It's very restrictive though, I worked out I will have maybe one free module to choose another subject (I want to do philosophy) for the first couple of years and that's it. It's a shame because there are some physics modules that I wouldnt mind missing out as they seem less useful, but if I do I can't get the joint honours.
Original post by sam1am
I've applied for the MSci in physics but I think I'm going to try and do the physics and maths joint honours instead. It's very restrictive though, I worked out I will have maybe one free module to choose another subject (I want to do philosophy) for the first couple of years and that's it. It's a shame because there are some physics modules that I wouldnt mind missing out as they seem less useful, but if I do I can't get the joint honours.

Ye thats almost exactly my situation, I would've liked to do the Molecules in Action chemistry module, but I wouldn't mind doing the joint honours, I'm just thinking where I want to go with it at the end, which subject I want to do the research project in and all that. It will be a tough choice!
Reply 1993
Ye thats almost exactly my situation, I would've liked to do the Molecules in Action chemistry module, but I wouldn't mind doing the joint honours, I'm just thinking where I want to go with it at the end, which subject I want to do the research project in and all that. It will be a tough choice!

Yeah, I am wondering whether do the course as if I was doing it just a maths masters so I don't have to do "Discovery Skills in Physics" and "Lab Skills and Practilce" because I am more interested in the theoretical side, and just doing lots of physics modules as well. I guess I'll see what I feel like when (and if) I get there.
Original post by sam1am
Yeah, I am wondering whether do the course as if I was doing it just a maths masters so I don't have to do "Discovery Skills in Physics" and "Lab Skills and Practilce" because I am more interested in the theoretical side, and just doing lots of physics modules as well. I guess I'll see what I feel like when (and if) I get there.

Ye I'm more interested in the theoretical side too, but it says you have to do those 2 modules, so hopefully I'll get more confident at practical work
Still waiting on International Relations (L250). I swear waiting till March will kill me, especially since I've already been rejected from LSE.
Original post by riever86
Me too - Oxford reject, offer from Exeter & waiting on Durham, - I'd love to get an offer from there...but have also applied to King's & Bristol. Which college did you apply to?

applied for hatfield..:smile: But :smile: but I dont really mind where I go... as long as I get an offer... but preferably on the Bailey than on the hill. and you?? Hopefully I'll see you there next year:biggrin: what are you applying for?
Any mathmo's got offers yet? If so which college?
Reply 1998
Ye I have, at St Mary's College, what does ur AES say?

Congrats. My AES says in department. I only applied in November though...
Original post by nuttynatz
Has anyone got offers for law????
I'm dying here... got rejected from Oxford.. and I really really really want Durham.
This is agonising... I hate waiting :frown:

I haven't heard anything either :smile: I'm considering suicide, jk. But good luck-i hope you get an offer!!!! :biggrin:

Latest