The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paxford1
ive had offers from Brunel, Nottingham Trent x2 and Reading. Just waiting for Queen Mary! Sent my application off mid november. any one else still waiting for queen mary?

when did u get the reading offer?
Reply 961
Original post by cutegirl15
when did u get the reading offer?

26th November
Reply 962
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Out of curiosity, why is Manchester your top choice and not Warwick? :holmes:

I know Warwick is known nationally & internationally, It's definately a highly regarded Uni. Though I feel that Manchester, with it being a very lively city, I find that I can connect and find it easier to seek out firms that I may like to apply for TC's.

I frequent Manchester a lot so i'm familiar with the place. :tongue: And I love it lol (Nice to be near a rural place tho) >_< I just have to say I prefer the older red brick Unis i.e,. Manchester, alos in the Russell Group, aswell.

I have to say I feel stupid to say that a apart of me doesn't want to go to Warwick is that the architecture is quite hideous for me, most parts of it anyways. :colondollar:
Reply 963
Original post by AllThatPower
They gave me a reduced offer. I guess they like me.

If that's so, well done for the offer. :smile: I doubt I would get a reduced offer, but I guess I took that risk anyway applying to AAA Unis. Lol

I could always wish for a reduced offer. :P
Reply 964
Original post by Us3rname
Course: LLB Law
University: Durham (University College)
Offer: AAA

Course: LLB Law
University: UCL
Offer: AAA

Still waiting on:

Cambridge (Downing College)
LSE
Nottingham

Would people here choose UCL or Durham? I honestly don't know which I'd prefer. Opinions please :smile:

WOW WOW WOW!! Durham for Law AND castle collage!! I have applied exactly the same and not heard anything yet. Are you a home or international student could i ask? well done! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 965
I heard quite a few weeks ago, but don't worry - no news is always better than bad news! Where else have you applied? Which A Levels are you taking?

I have applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Exeter and received offers from the last two. I don't take A-levels, I do the IB Diploma :smile:
Original post by nuttynatz
That is a really nice problem to have... I applied to Oxford but got rejected :frown: Take the oxford offer... it looks like a fantastic uni, great reputation and well Oxford is just AWESOME!
Take it for those of us who never got the chance:biggrin:

cheers, ive been thinking about it and realised it was a stupid question to ask. oxford all the way! :biggrin:
Reply 967

Has anyone had any offers for law at Edinburgh?
Reply 968
Thanks, I was really happy to get the offer! I'm a home student. Where else have you applied?

Urgh im so jealous! I have applied to Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle and have offers from them:biggrin:. Also applied to Warwick but still waiting for their decision:frown:
What are your predicted grades?:smile:
Original post by bobfreymoo1811
Well done!!!!!!

I'm gutted, I haven't heard anything from Bristol :frown: :frown: :frown: haha hopefully I will soon though, even if it's a rejection, I NEED to be put out of my misery!!! Haha

I got like a pretty bad LNAT score last year but eventually did get an offer from Bristol in about March. So maybe you're in like the maybe pile? I'm in the same boat but hoping they'll offer me last year.
Original post by CBrown93
Has anyone had any offers for law at Edinburgh?

Yeah, but I'm international. They don't start making the bulk of the offers until after the deadline.
Reply 971
Congratulations on your offers, that's great. I'm predicted A*A*A*A. It'd be nice to get that, but I'm not getting my hopes up. You?

Haha you make my 3 A's look so meagre!!
Have you had any offers other than Durham??:smile:
[QUOTE='[NyuNyu];29118368']I know Warwick is known nationally & internationally, It's definately a highly regarded Uni. Though I feel that Manchester, with it being a very lively city, I find that I can connect and find it easier to seek out firms that I may like to apply for TC's.

I frequent Manchester a lot so i'm familiar with the place. :tongue: And I love it lol (Nice to be near a rural place tho) >_< I just have to say I prefer the older red brick Unis i.e,. Manchester, alos in the Russell Group, aswell.

I have to say I feel stupid to say that a apart of me doesn't want to go to Warwick is that the architecture is quite hideous for me, most parts of it anyways. :colondollar:

Fair enough, those are all valid reasons. Apart from the architecture thing. NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO DISS THE AWESOME WARWICK ARCHITECTURE!!

Funny how preferences can vary so much between people. Manchester is my last choice whilst Warwick is joint second alongside Nottingham!
Original post by Mann18
Oh, I know :p:

I'm just saying, getting 90% would be a frickin' achievement. I reckon at most places except Oxford (at least places who ask for the LNAT) you get 90%+, they sort of have to take you, or what was even the point in asking in the first place?

Already applied for 2011 yes, I applied last year too, got 18/30, this year, I'm hoping I got 80%+, although, it's academic now.
Yourself?

Are you applying in a gap year or from university?

If you applied during a gap year, are you able to use your high-school marks like the regular applicants? If you applied from university, are you able to use both your high school marks as well as the marks you have accumulated in that one year?

Thanks
No sweat, predicted grades are a bit floppy anyway - probably safer to worry about passing the A2s in the first place!

I have an offer from UCL, but I think I'm going to take Durham. Still waiting on the others!

Why Durham over UCL?
Reply 975
No sweat, predicted grades are a bit floppy anyway - probably safer to worry about passing the A2s in the first place!

I have an offer from UCL, but I think I'm going to take Durham. Still waiting on the others!

WOW UCL! That's super!
I didn't apply to any London Uni's, i'm a bit of a country bumpkin:colondollar:
I am actually seething inside about the fact you have an offer from Durham...hope you do accept it though!:redface:
Good question. Well, to be honest I'd love to go to UCL, but London is prohibitively expensive and I don't know if I'll be able to afford it.

If it was a question of UCL or, say, Oxford Brookes, I'd take the financial handicap without a second's thought, but Durham is still very respectable for Law, I got University College, and I reckon I'll be able to live slightly more comfortably there than I would in London. Still, who knows, I might change my mind yet - nothing's set in stone!

Are you in a similar position or just asking out of curiosity?

A bit of both; I've got a Law offer from UCL, and it was my main, but then I got an offer from Oxford. It's annoying because I'd still really like to go to UCL, but I like Oxford more. If you go to UCL you're in London though, and London is where all the law stuff is.
Congratulations on the Oxford offer. Which college? I'm still waiting to hear back from Cambridge, but only a few more days now! It's true, UCL offers a lot more law opportunities, but then they say the major law firms are targeting Durham a lot these days anyway so I'm not sure quite how much difference it would really make.

Thanks :smile: I'm still waiting to hear on Cambridge, actually, but if I don't get them I'll probably be firming Durham! Best of luck with your offer as well.

Anyone else really wanting to find out what their LNAT score was?

I applied to Balliol, but I got rejected by them and accepted by St. Edmund Hall. Which college did you apply to at Cambridge?

At UCL you can do the LLB/JD so you can practice in the USA too.
Reply 978
Congratulations on the Oxford offer. Which college? I'm still waiting to hear back from Cambridge, but only a few more days now! It's true, UCL offers a lot more law opportunities, but then they say the major law firms are targeting Durham a lot these days anyway so I'm not sure quite how much difference it would really make.

Thanks :smile: I'm still waiting to hear on Cambridge, actually, but if I don't get them I'll probably be firming Durham! Best of luck with your offer as well.

Anyone else really wanting to find out what their LNAT score was?

I'm still waiting on Cambridge too :/ What college did you apply for?
And the LNAT. God it was so difficult I almost don't want to know what I got lol! I need to hear back from Kings and Nottingham for them...I wish they wouldn't take so long!!
Reply 979
Original post by Milkplus-Mesto

Original post by Milkplus-Mesto
Course: LLB Law (Guaranteed) or LLB Law + French Law (Subject to Interview)
University: Exeter
Offer: Depends on which course they give me.
UCAS Sent: 29th September
Offer Received: 29th October

I wanted to apply for Law with German Law at Exeter and by mistake applied for Law with European Studies. I've changed it on UCAS to the correct course and had an interview, which went well.. The interviewer said she was very convinced and that she couldn't yet make me an official offer. We even discussed coming for an open day for accepted students. The interview was about a month ago and I still haven't heard anything... Should I be worried?

Latest

Trending

Trending