The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Has anyone got an offer for Biomedical sciences?

I was just wondering as I'm waiting to find out the BMAT cut-off scores for biomedical sciences and know when to expect a rejection. lol. :frown:

My scores were: 2.4, 4.6, 4B...awful on section 1 :s-smilie:

Share your scores fellow biomeds, and let me know when you get offers for Imperial's Biomedical sciences (B900) course :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Anyone....? man...it's like there's no one out there applying for biomed at IMPERIAL :/
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Harry Potter's sidekick
I was just wondering as I'm waiting to find out the BMAT cut-off scores for biomedical sciences and know when to expect a rejection. lol. :frown:

Share your scores fellow biomeds, and let me know when you get offers for Imperial's Biomedical sciences (B900) course :biggrin:

I got 6.8, 6.2, 3A. haha anxiously waiting for Imperial's reply too >< good luck!
Original post by metachrome
I got 6.8, 6.2, 3A. haha anxiously waiting for Imperial's reply too >< good luck!

With those scores I'm sure you'll get an offer :biggrin:
Feels like a roller-coaster really...just got to hold on tightly! HAHAHA.
What other universities are you applying to? Have you got offers in them?
I'm an international applicant from Asia with American credentials.
I'm not very familiar with the system in the UK
nor about the competitiveness of each course...
(oxford, imperial, ucl, edinburgh)

on my BMAT I got 7.1, 5.4, and 4.5A
will these be sufficient scores to gain admissions to Imperial Biomed?
And does anyone know when the offers are released?
Reply 5
Original post by stargirl1075
I'm an international applicant from Asia with American credentials.
I'm not very familiar with the system in the UK
nor about the competitiveness of each course...
(oxford, imperial, ucl, edinburgh)

on my BMAT I got 7.1, 5.4, and 4.5A
will these be sufficient scores to gain admissions to Imperial Biomed?
And does anyone know when the offers are released?

Those are excellent grades! I'm sure you'll get an offer!

Your BMAT score is not so bad! :smile:
I got 2.8,3.8,2B
So very below average! Lol

I hope they look at grades before BMAT score. Imperial need to hurry up though with their offers/rejections!
Reply 6
I am also wishing they'd hurry up with the process at Imperial but I suppose better they take there time reading applications thoroughly than just skimming and making snap decisions.
I got 4.1 4.6 4A, not great but I'm hoping they like my essay seeing as I worked so hard on it (they get copies of our BMAT essays right?)

Good luck guys x
Interviews for Oxford on tuesday and Wednesday, even though my bmat scores weren't fantastic. I reckon they do look at your grades more then! 9A*'s and 1A at GCSE, and AAAC at AS, so goes to show they'll give you a chance!
Reply 8
Aside from Oxford, Imperial's Bsc Biomed is probably my favourite course out of all the courses I applied to through UCAS. I just hope I stand a chance with my mediocre (4.4 6.2 3.5A) BMAT score. :frown:

"As I am sure you are aware, admission to the College is very competitive and we receive a large number of applications from excellent candidates. In order to ensure that all applicants receive equal consideration, it is often not possible to make a final decision on your application until after the 15 January."
It looks like there's little point in stressing before the 15th.

And oh yeah this:
Total expected intake:

Biochemistry/Biotechnology: 130
Biology: 130
Biomedical Science: 50

FIFTY!?!!?!?
Reply 9
Original post by CZephyr
Aside from Oxford, Imperial's Bsc Biomed is probably my favourite course out of all the courses I applied to through UCAS. I just hope I stand a chance with my mediocre (4.4 6.2 3.5A) BMAT score. :frown:

"As I am sure you are aware, admission to the College is very competitive and we receive a large number of applications from excellent candidates. In order to ensure that all applicants receive equal consideration, it is often not possible to make a final decision on your application until after the 15 January."

And oh yeah this:
Total expected intake:

FIFTY!?!!?!?

I don't think you should worry with your BMAT score but with an intake of only 50, I think I should worry :frown:
Reply 10
With those scores I'm sure you'll get an offer :biggrin:
Feels like a roller-coaster really...just got to hold on tightly! HAHAHA.
What other universities are you applying to? Have you got offers in them?

haha i certainly hope so! applied to Kings, Imperial and UCL for biomedical science and Imperial for biotechnology. just got an offer from UCL last week, but the conditions have yet to be registered on UCAS, so i'm still waiting!

Original post by CZephyr

And oh yeah this:
Total expected intake:

FIFTY!?!!?!?

YEAH 50 holy cow haha! but i think they'll give about 100 offers? cause some of them are medical students' last choices and chances are, if they get into Imperial's biomedical science, they probably got into medicine somewhere else as well. so just wait paitently! anyway, in the other thread, you asked if it's true that Singapore bans chewing gum right? well it's true! so we have to go across the border to Malaysia to chew gum hahaha. sad life ><
Reply 11
Gahhh am getting very very anxious now. Im actually losing sleep! I keep my phone next to me at all times, and everytime i get a notification for an email i jump and my heart skips a beat, only to find its some stupid email from amazon or something. GAH!!

Anyway... Enough about my sad life. I didnt do too well either. Got 5.6, 4.9, and 3.5A. Could have done a lot better, especially in the scientific knowledge part!!

And metachrome, i thought the law in singapore is that you're allowed to chew gum, you're just not allowed to buy or sell it in the country?
Original post by nomnomer
Gahhh am getting very very anxious now. Im actually losing sleep! I keep my phone next to me at all times, and everytime i get a notification for an email i jump and my heart skips a beat, only to find its some stupid email from amazon or something. GAH!!

Anyway... Enough about my sad life. I didnt do too well either. Got 5.6, 4.9, and 3.5A. Could have done a lot better, especially in the scientific knowledge part!!

And metachrome, i thought the law in singapore is that you're allowed to chew gum, you're just not allowed to buy or sell it in the country?

LOL! I'm just getting bored of waiting around for Imperial to give out offers...I don't think I'll get one though as I didn't do too well in the BMAT on section 1 I got 2.4!
Reply 13
Original post by metachrome
haha i certainly hope so! applied to Kings, Imperial and UCL for biomedical science and Imperial for biotechnology. just got an offer from UCL last week, but the conditions have yet to be registered on UCAS, so i'm still waiting!

YEAH 50 holy cow haha! but i think they'll give about 100 offers? cause some of them are medical students' last choices and chances are, if they get into Imperial's biomedical science, they probably got into medicine somewhere else as well. so just wait paitently! anyway, in the other thread, you asked if it's true that Singapore bans chewing gum right? well it's true! so we have to go across the border to Malaysia to chew gum hahaha. sad life ><

LOL YOU GO TO MALAYSIA TO CHEW GUM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:smile: That made me smile :smile:
Reply 14
LOL! I'm just getting bored of waiting around for Imperial to give out offers...I don't think I'll get one though as I didn't do too well in the BMAT on section 1 I got 2.4!

I wonder how much the BMAT impacts our application. Because looking at the crazy scores other people on tsr got, I don't think I stand a chance either :frown: :frown:

Thank goodness I just got an offer from UCL, which I'm pretty happy with as another possible "firm" choice. What are your other options??
Reply 15
Hopefully they don't matter too much (compared to medicine), well we'll soon find out. Its the 15th!! Now its time for obsessive email checking for anything from Imperial. Great.
I wonder how much the BMAT impacts our application. Because looking at the crazy scores other people on tsr got, I don't think I stand a chance either :frown: :frown:

Thank goodness I just got an offer from UCL, which I'm pretty happy with as another possible "firm" choice. What are your other options??

My other choices are Birmingham, Warwick, Staffordshire and Sheffield. So far I have an offer from Sheffield, and I've been invited to the Birmingham open day. I'm just waiting tentatively for Warwick, Staffordshire and Imperials response :/
My other choices are Birmingham, Warwick, Staffordshire and Sheffield. So far I have an offer from Sheffield, and I've been invited to the Birmingham open day. I'm just waiting tentatively for Warwick, Staffordshire and Imperials response :/

How smart/casual are you going to the open day?
Reply 18
Original post by Han4492
Hopefully they don't matter too much (compared to medicine), well we'll soon find out. Its the 15th!! Now its time for obsessive email checking for anything from Imperial. Great.

I remember they mentioned the date, "15th of January" in that acknowledgement email - but I think they meant offers will be released AFTER the 15th of January. My understanding is that it can happen anytime now but we just don't know when.
For all we know, Imperial might give out offers in 'waves' and it can happen any time until May.
I really hate waiting. :frown: Imperial is the last to give out offers on my UCAS list. I just really want to firm on Oxford and make Imperial my insurance.
Reply 19

haha nope, it's against the law to chew gum in Singapore! cause apparently when it was legalised, people would spit it out and leave it everywhere, jamming lift doors and stuff. (or that's what I've been told, not sure how true that is)

Original post by CZephyr
LOL YOU GO TO MALAYSIA TO CHEW GUM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:smile: That made me smile :smile:

HAHA YEAH. it's quite retarded right, but that's what we do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending