The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Applied to Lancaster University for 2024.

I really want to enter Lancaster University. I have chosen to do Biomedical science.
Original post by GayleB
I really want to enter Lancaster University. I have chosen to do Biomedical science.

Good Luck for your application, if you have any questions about Lancaster, i'd be more than happy to help!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Good Luck for your application, if you have any questions about Lancaster, i'd be more than happy to help!

Thank you
Original post by GayleB

Good luck! I applied for Biomedical Science at Lancaster too this time last here. I'm here now and it's lovely! Feel free to ask if you have any questions :smile:
Original post by GayleB

Hi @GayleB

Good luck! I study biochemistry at Lancaster and love it! Feel free to ask any questions you have about the university or studying a bioscience course!

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 5
Hi @GayleB

Good luck! I study biochemistry at Lancaster and love it! Feel free to ask any questions you have about the university or studying a bioscience course!

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

I wanted to know if there is a way I can track my application to the University. I have received an email from the University that says my application is being reviewed.
Reply 6

If I do get an offer for a Bsc. Biomedical science and I want to transfer to an integrated masters, what do I do and when or at which point of the application process.
Original post by GayleB
I wanted to know if there is a way I can track my application to the University. I have received an email from the University that says my application is being reviewed.

Hey @GayleB
I'd suggest tracking applications through UCAS. If its under review then you'll get a reply soon :smile:
Best of Luck !!

Vyomika
LU Student Ambassador
Original post by GayleB
If I do get an offer for a Bsc. Biomedical science and I want to transfer to an integrated masters, what do I do and when or at which point of the application process.

Hi @GayleB ,
I'd recommend sending an email to the admissions team at Lancaster [email protected], and they will be best to advise on this.
Reply 9
Hi @GayleB ,
I'd recommend sending an email to the admissions team at Lancaster [email protected], and they will be best to advise on this.

Alright, thank you!
Reply 10
Hi, has anyone here applied for BSc in Cyber Security or is currently on the course?
Reply 11

hi i got an offer to study bsc biomedical science. can u tell me ur overallexperience of studying in lancaster and like how are the accomodation facilities here
and is it difficult to get a job after graduating bcs lancaster is not russel group?
Original post by Mia15
hi i got an offer to study bsc biomedical science. can u tell me ur overallexperience of studying in lancaster and like how are the accomodation facilities here
and is it difficult to get a job after graduating bcs lancaster is not russel group?

Hi @Mia15
Congratulations on your Biomedical science offer! Personally i've loved my time studying at Lancaster, the lecturers and academic staff are so supporting and approachable, you can always go and speak to them about your course or about anything really like internship advice, graduate job ideas ect. I think one of the things that makes Lancaster so great is the fact we have a collegiate system. Its like a small community on campus, based on where you live in 1st year, and its really good for making friends and socializing as they run lots of events throughout the term, as well as having a range of support services.
Lancaster offers a range of different types of accommodation, ones with shared bathrooms, ensuites, studios and townhouses. In my 1st year i lived in a shared bathroom flat and had a really positive experience, the rooms were quite big and modern, with a regular cleaning service so the flat was kept tidy with lots of storage in your room. If you want to see more about the on campus accommodation, i've linked it below, there's lots of useful videos touring the different types of flats. Undergraduate - Lancaster University Also, its worth mentioning there's lots of support when it comes to finding 2nd year housing, with specific housing fairs and a company called 'Lancaster University Homes' who can help you find a house.
In terms of graduate prospects, the careers service is a great place to go find graduate job opportunities. They support you through your degree by hosting careers fairs, where you can speak to lots of different business. As well, they run mock interviews and assessment centers and CV checks to prepare you for graduate job applications.
If you have any more questions about Lancaster, feel free to ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending