The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2580
So basically logged into AES and it said a decision had been made and I was like, blatant rejection because surely they'd email me if they wanted me?
But UCAS track wasn't showing it and I didn't get an email from UCAS so it was annoying, and now my AES status is back to in the department? Reckon they sat on the keyboard or something?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by problemstruckperson
ooh i've applied for french and italian! , italian from scratch or post alevel? and which college?

Learning from scratch, school didn't do it at A-Level. Did yours? :smile: applying to Hatfield, how about you?

Had a mad mad panic (like so many other people it would seem today) about AES changing to "A decision has been made" in a rejection-esque fashion! But luckily now it's changed back.. so I have the chance to be rejected again (officially) now it's the deadline!

But I hope not, as Durham is one of my nicest unis. Applying to Bristol, Exeter, Bath, Leeds, and have offers from the latter three. Where are you applying?
Original post by Antifazian
My application for Anthropology and Archaeology has been received by a college according to AES :biggrin:

:O :frown: I've applied for that and heard literally nothing. I've been rejected haven't I? :frown:

What's AES anyway?
Original post by BlueJoker
:O :frown: I've applied for that and heard literally nothing. I've been rejected haven't I? :frown:

What's AES anyway?

Not necessarily at all. I'm assuming that seeing as you don't know what AES is, you've only recently applied? (It's Durham's own version of UCAS Track basically, it just tells you what stage your application is at - you get emailed log in details for it at some point after they receive your application)

They've kept me waiting since the 8th of September for that news, and i'm still waiting for news about my application to the straight Anthropology course. Durham just like to make people wait, don't assume the worst.
(edited 13 years ago)
Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill hasn't been received by a college. Hopefully decisions will start coming in quicker now it's past the deadline
Original post by Antifazian
Not necessarily at all. I'm assuming that seeing as you don't know what AES is, you've only recently applied? (It's Durham's own version of UCAS Track basically, it just tells you what stage your application is at - you get emailed log in details for it at some point after they receive your application)

They've kept me waiting since the 8th of September for that news, and i'm still waiting for news about my application to the straight Anthropology course. Durham just like to make people wait, don't assume the worst.

Ah no no, I found my acknowledgment letter and logged in, it's been sent to a college :biggrin: Although now I'm really regretting applying to UC, because I know that's the most oversubscribed one :s-smilie:
Original post by BlueJoker
Ah no no, I found my acknowledgment letter and logged in, it's been sent to a college :biggrin: Although now I'm really regretting applying to UC, because I know that's the most oversubscribed one :s-smilie:

Ah well congratulations then :smile:
I feel the same re. university college haha.
Reply 2587
Original post by pianofluteftw

Original post by pianofluteftw
Arrrgh so fed up of the wait now (for Physics)! This is the only uni I'm waiting to hear back from, and now it's my top choice after oxford rejection :P

My one changed to 'has been received by a college' (for Mphys) and i sent it off on 2nd november, also another kid at our school (Mphys) who sent it off for oxbridge deadline got an offer early jan, make of it what you will
Wow, after reading all these I feel very lucky that I applied, got sent to department, got sent to college, and made an offer with the minimum of fuss.
Reply 2589
Original post by Gooner19
Has anyone applying for V100 History had an offer yet?

Hi :ciao: I have, for Grey College :smile: But I think there's only a few of us, and I applied pretty early so if you haven't heard yet I wouldn't worry :redface:
Reply 2590
Original post by frodalod
Offer for economics

AAA

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well Done!! what were your grades and subjects if you don't mind :smile: And when did you send your application off? are you an international student? sorry for all the questions :smile: Congrats again!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2591
John Snow biomed!

who heres going to the open day in march?
Reply 2592
Original post by mlsdbk
Well Done!! what were your grades and subjects if you don't mind :smile: And when did you send your application off? are you an international student? sorry for all the questions :smile: Congrats again!

Erm 9A*s 3A's GCSE
5A's as, (Economics, Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology)
Predicted: 3A*A (further maths)

Sent my application off on 14th October. Im not an international student x
Original post by greyfox1

Original post by greyfox1
John Snow biomed!

who heres going to the open day in march?

Have you got an offer already?
I applied to John Snow as well. But not sure if I'll get an offer from Durham though.
Is it possible for Universities to give you an Unconditional Offer and change it again to rejected?
What if you firmed it and they want to change it to rejected because of they made a mistake? (dont know where to ask, so i'll just ask here instead)
I got into Collingwood :biggrin: I'm so pleased

Original post by kristinaalovesu
Is it possible for Universities to give you an Unconditional Offer and change it again to rejected?
What if you firmed it and they want to change it to rejected because of they made a mistake? (dont know where to ask, so i'll just ask here instead)

I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen. And can't happen.
Original post by Keckers

Original post by Keckers

How come I've seen threads here relating to something like that?
I hope not, I don't want that to happen ever. :s-smilie:

And congrats!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2597
Original post by Keckers

Well done!!:smile: What did you apply for if I can ask?
I got a letter from Hatfield yesterday confirming that I have an offer from them to study history :smile:

however I don't think I'm going to firm it, due to (seriously unexpected) Oxford application success, and also, Durham is tooooo close to home. Although it really is lovely. and Hatfield was so pretty!
Reply 2599
AES changed to: 'has been received by a college' yesterday... I know loads and loads of people have been asking this, but it won't take them too long to make a decision will it? I applied for philosophy at Chad's!

Latest