The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

How long does it take for King's to give a verdict?

I have applied for MSc International Marketing back in December 6. Its more than a month now and still no update in the application system of King's... not even any mails from them.... what should i be doing?? Is it normal...??? or i shud have got a verdict by now???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by salmankabir
I have applied for MSc International Marketing back in December 6. Its more than a month now and still no update in the application system of King's... not even any mails from them.... what should i be doing?? Is it normal...??? or i shud have got a verdict by now???

Have you been given access to their "my-applications" page? or is that just for UG's :/
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
no no... i have access to the "MyApplication" page.... and in the application status it says "Received and being processed"... thats it.... no further updates for about 5 weeks now.... and its for a postgraduate course
Reply 3
Just be patient. You haven't been waiting that long. They will reply when they can.
Reply 4
Just be patient. King's always takes a long time to reply. For example, me who have been waiting for already 9 weeks. Based on your 4 weeks, it actually means nothing to be honest
Reply 5
Original post by nsmd
Just be patient. King's always takes a long time to reply. For example, me who have been waiting for already 9 weeks. Based on your 4 weeks, it actually means nothing to be honest

And u still havent got ur verdict yet ????
Reply 6
And u still havent got ur verdict yet ????

Yup, no reply, just the myapplication thingy so my advice is just cool down. They will probably give your result next month. And, to let you know, i am a gapper with my results and still King's hvnt reply me yet. Now do you understand how long does it takes for king's to reply? It take forever is what i can say
Reply 7

HEY!

i applied to kcl for the same course and for msc management, on 15 novemeber.. still have not heard anything, been 2 months already, so just b patient, KCL is quite slow!
I have been waiting since the 28th of October!
Reply 9
OMG.... seriously... this is so not encouraging to hear from you guyz.... wat if the deadline for accommodation passes by the time i get an offer.... that is if i do get one... do they have a guaranteed accommodation for postgraduates ???
Reply 10
OMG.... seriously... this is so not encouraging to hear from you guyz.... wat if the deadline for accommodation passes by the time i get an offer.... that is if i do get one... do they have a guaranteed accommodation for postgraduates ???

They guarantee accomodation for internatonal students.
Reply 11
I waited 4 months for my offer last year, I got an offer as late as April 10. So be patient!
I've been waiting 10 weeks now....I'm kind of bored of logging into Track and seeing nothing different...
Reply 13
Original post by mzwoteva16
I've been waiting 10 weeks now....I'm kind of bored of logging into Track and seeing nothing different...

yeah...me too.....sick of it man....it gets even worser when I already got the grades but they can still take so long for it
Reply 14
wat if i get offers from other unis like warwick and manchester interim.... should i go for them... or wait for kings do gimme a verdict first??
Reply 15
wat if i get offers from other unis like warwick and manchester interim.... should i go for them... or wait for kings do gimme a verdict first??

Why would you NOT wait? You are never gonna be required to reply to any of your offers until you have decisions from every school you applied to.
Reply 16
Original post by ksanyee
Why would you NOT wait? You are never gonna be required to reply to any of your offers until you have decisions from every school you applied to.

Well... guess wat? i got an offer from manchester today and they say that my deadline to reserve my place in manchester is March 11, 2011. So what if king's don't give me a verdict by then??? Should i reserve my place at manchester with 500 pounds?? If i do and then i see that i got offer from King's... which is my first choice... i wont get back my 500 pounds from manchester since its non refundable....

God... y cant king's just give a decision early for a change ? :angry:
Reply 17
Well... guess wat? i got an offer from manchester today and they say that my deadline to reserve my place in manchester is March 11, 2011. So what if king's don't give me a verdict by then??? Should i reserve my place at manchester with 500 pounds?? If i do and then i see that i got offer from King's... which is my first choice... i wont get back my 500 pounds from manchester since its non refundable....

God... y cant king's just give a decision early for a change ? :angry:

Wow, that sounds completely illegit! AS far as I know, Manchester does not have the right to do that. Look at this website: http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/offers/replyingtoyouroffers

You really should call UCAS to get some confirmation from them about this and then you can tell manchester that they must be patient.

Good luck and let me know what happens.

P.s. If this IS true and legal (I'd be surprised unless you applied to some special degree or programme or whatever) you should wait till the deadline to pay that deposit. If you do get into KCL, that'll be lost, right...but imagine that you don't reserve your place and don't get into King's either. Don't do that. And there's a chance that you'll find out about King's by March (not sure though:s-smilie:)
Reply 18
I didn know about the UCAS thing..... now i feel more frustrated.... Don't know why is manchester so eager to knw a decision from my side.... and that too within March 11... Can't i call them and try and explain them that i am having some financial dificulties so if they could extend the reservation deadline by a month or so? Will that be wise or they mite get pissed altogether ??? :eek:
Original post by nsmd
yeah...me too.....sick of it man....it gets even worser when I already got the grades but they can still take so long for it

I GOT MY OFFER! logged into track yesterday and there it was! :biggrin: OP, hopefully they'll reply to you soon!

Quick Reply

Latest