The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rainbowbex

oooh goood luck! I'm househunting :tongue: Pray that God guides me to the right flatmates and the right house!

:eek:

Why are you looking for a new place?

You'll have to click here :h:

ty
Original post by + polarity -
:eek:

Why are you looking for a new place?

Want a place we can rent over summer and last years residents wanted the place back, so the landlord gave it to them. But he did offer to rent it to us the year after :smile:
the bris accommodation website is well gd though :smile:

how are u doing for housing?

Original post by jimimick
ty

no worries :smile: Welcome btw! how's life?

Want a place we can rent over summer and last years residents wanted the place back, so the landlord gave it to them. But he did offer to rent it to us the year after :smile:

how are u doing for housing?

What will you be doing over the summer? :holmes:

You should choose somewhere nearer this year :perv: :tongue:

I think it's already been stated that we want to stay here for another year, so we should be able to :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
What will you be doing over the summer? :holmes:

You should choose somewhere nearer this year :perv: :tongue:

I think it's already been stated that we want to stay here for another year, so we should be able to :biggrin:

nice, are you getting on well with your flatmates? I can't remember if you knew them before moving in? I just remember you were struggling with houseness last year!

haha, nah I love my current location! I do think of you when I'm in your area, and remember I did see you that one time! :h:

House hunting is fun! :smile:
thanks, I appreciate the fullness of your answer :h:

Noah got pissed with his sons, and one of them told him to STFU and pointed out he looked the fool

nice, are you getting on well with your flatmates? I can't remember if you knew them before moving in? I just remember you were struggling with houseness last year!

haha, nah I love my current location! I do think of you when I'm in your area, and remember I did see you that one time! :h:

House hunting is fun! :smile:

Yeah :biggrin:

Ah, so will you be looking for somewhere in the same area? :u:
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah :biggrin:

Ah, so will you be looking for somewhere in the same area? :u:

was that good or bad?

I'm glad things are going well for you. Things have a funny way or working themselves out.

I think I'm going to have a proper pray and meditate. (or try to) I just feel that God's calling me to spend some time alone with him.

Goodnight :smile: xxx

was that good or bad?

I'm glad things are going well for you. Things have a funny way or working themselves out.

I think I'm going to have a proper pray and meditate. (or try to) I just feel that God's calling me to spend some time alone with him.

Definitely good! :tongue:

:yes:

All right, good night :ciao:
was that good or bad?

:h:

Exams have gone horribly wrong. Revision has gone horribly wrong (everything I learnt about psychology, I have forgotten and I've only got 2 days to revise 54 studies). I think I might need to take a deep breath and slow things down.
Original post by Tzarchasm
:h:

Exams have gone horribly wrong. Revision has gone horribly wrong (everything I learnt about psychology, I have forgotten and I've only got 2 days to revise 54 studies). I think I might need to take a deep breath and slow things down.

You'll be surprised by what comes back to you when you start reading through the stuff! May God be with you.

You'll be surprised by what comes back to you when you start reading through the stuff! May God be with you.

I hope it will all come back to me. My exams have gone horribly wrong. I've been dreaming of becoming a doctor for years and now I'm 6 months away (with no offers) it's slowly crumbling away. I'll probably end up with 10 exams in June: Unit 1 biology, Unit 2 biology, Unit 4 biology, Unit 5 biology, Unit 2 chemistry, Unit 4 chemistry, Unit 5 chemistry, psychology G453, G541 and G544. I suppose it's my fault.
You can get a hangover without being properly drunk, it genuinely depends what you drink, for example my body can't cope with jager, and that will make me throw up, regardless of how much I have to drink.

Ah I didn't know that- that's obviously never happened to me :tongue:. I don't think drinking alcohol per se is wrong, but I guess it's an individual issue. If someone thinks they may get too tempted to get really drunk & lose control, then it is probably better that they don't drink. If someone thinks they may 'accidently' get drunk coz of their alcohol tolerance level, then I think they should be careful. It may also be good to think about your attitude towards alcohol, & why you drink. I seem to have a fairly high alcohol tolerance, so I've never drank enough to get properly drunk, just a bit tipsy :smile: (though I do get very drowsy after a glass of wine :tongue:).
On the alcohol issue, I don't drink but I haven't since long before I become a Christian because it never really agreed with me. However I have lots of Christian friends who enjoy a glass of wine and I don't' really think that is a problem. I think that getting drunk and loosing control could well be more of an issue from a Christian perspective but drinking in moderation probably doesn't have to be.

I hope it will all come back to me. My exams have gone horribly wrong. I've been dreaming of becoming a doctor for years and now I'm 6 months away (with no offers) it's slowly crumbling away. I'll probably end up with 10 exams in June: Unit 1 biology, Unit 2 biology, Unit 4 biology, Unit 5 biology, Unit 2 chemistry, Unit 4 chemistry, Unit 5 chemistry, psychology G453, G541 and G544. I suppose it's my fault.

Try to remain positive. I know that it is difficult when you feel that what you want is getting further and further away but the worst thing to do right now is to dwell on it. The exams are finished and the best thing that you can do is probably to try to focus on the new modules that you are doing until your exam results are out and you actually know what the situation is. When it comes to the fact that you don't have any offers, it is still early days, I didn't get my first offer until February and I ended up with three so it can still happen. Have you tried praying about it and asking god for guidance and support during this difficult time? That is something that I find really helpful and I find that it works and I often do feel a sense of calm come over me.

I was just wondering if that testimony thread got started?
Original post by A Shining Light
Ah I didn't know that- that's obviously never happened to me :tongue:. I don't think drinking alcohol per se is wrong, but I guess it's an individual issue. If someone thinks they may get too tempted to get really drunk & lose control, then it is probably better that they don't drink. If someone thinks they may 'accidently' get drunk coz of their alcohol tolerance level, then I think they should be careful. It may also be good to think about your attitude towards alcohol, & why you drink. I seem to have a fairly high alcohol tolerance, so I've never drank enough to get properly drunk, just a bit tipsy :smile: (though I do get very drowsy after a glass of wine :tongue:).

I've just drunk enough on enough occasions to know. lol Also, I'm fairly sure that it was proven that darker drinks were more likely to give you a hangover due to the content :smile:

Don't worry on the offers front, I got mine through on UCAS on the 7th April. (I'd pretty much given up hope too)

Relax, have you tried praying before you work, I've found that has really helped me. I'm so much better at working this year than I was last year, I think God really stepped in for me on my exam :smile:

We had a bit of discussion about this earlier in the thread about exams, pg 121 ish maybs. Just really go for it over the next two days, you'll be suprised what you can accomplish. and even if you do have all of those exams in june/july you still the oportunity to get psycology in the bag AND you won't know how you've done til results come back.

and don't forget, past papers are your friend :smile:

Original post by randdom
On the alcohol issue, I don't drink but I haven't since long before I become a Christian because it never really agreed with me. However I have lots of Christian friends who enjoy a glass of wine and I don't' really think that is a problem. I think that getting drunk and loosing control could well be more of an issue from a Christian perspective but drinking in moderation probably doesn't have to be.

I was just wondering if that testimony thread got started?

I think that's what I'd personally decided, but was definately interested in what other people had to say :h:

The testimony thread didn't get started afaik. Mostly because I didn't think it was fair to start without posting my testimony :colondollar: and I'm not quite ready to post that yet.

God bless guys, you're in my prayers!
Reply 2515
Reading a few of the posts about testimony, it's something I've always been a little unsure of, because I really don't have one, and hearing other people's sometimes makes me feel almost inadequate. Of course, sometimes people's testimonies can be inspiring, and if they want to share, it can be helpful, but I think it's down to the individual and also to the situation, whether or not it's appropriate to share.

Out of interest, how many other people on this thread don't have a testimony as such? I'm using testimony here in the sense of 'story of how I came to faith'.
Reply 2516
Original post by d123
Reading a few of the posts about testimony, it's something I've always been a little unsure of, because I really don't have one, and hearing other people's sometimes makes me feel almost inadequate. Of course, sometimes people's testimonies can be inspiring, and if they want to share, it can be helpful, but I think it's down to the individual and also to the situation, whether or not it's appropriate to share.

Out of interest, how many other people on this thread don't have a testimony as such? I'm using testimony here in the sense of 'story of how I came to faith'.

Pretty much sums up my story of faith, there isn't really one. I've had my problems and worked through it but I don't ever remember not having it.
Reply 2517
Original post by d123

Yeah, I don't really have a testimony like that either. But I don't think that necessarily has to be the only kind of testimony - I think there are a lot of people out there who have always had some kind of faith, or can't really pinpoint a moment (or even period of time) where it all came together and made sense. Personally I don't really have any times in my life when I feel like God was reaching down and taking special direct action or saying something explicitly to me, anyway. It doesn't feel like I'm missing out, though - God gives each of us what we need. And anyway, hearing about the ups and downs (or the general maturation) of faith can be just as inspiring, I reckon, so if that's the kind of testimony you ever want to give you shouldn't feel ashamed or inadequate. : )
(edited 13 years ago)

Yes, I started writing my testimony, I've written a short one before, covering kinda this time last year, and I have actually told a big part of it as I was asked to with my student grp, but that doesn't really exist anymore :frown:

I don't feel guilty, I guess I more feel pushed. which is a good thing sometimes, I'm not good at talking about things that really matter to me to people who really matter, so that's something I'm working on as otherwise people won't know the real me!

don't worry about the delay, I genuinely appreciate the input. I have a mentor at church, but she's generally too busy to really see me atm, so I'm growing a lot more on my own now. (haha and when I do talk to her, she's just like you've got it!)

Sorry turned into a boring me ramble! x

Sorry to hear about your student group, I have gone through a few groups myself, it seems the youth communities are fading in some areas, I feel as if I should do something but it is a hard thing to do and get people involved in :frown:

Well, if they do really matter and yourself likewise to them, then they will understand and they will be helpful. The real you doesn't necessarily mean you share every single thing about you, but if you want to share then great. :smile:

haha no problem. I've never had a mentor per se. Just some close youth workers and leaders and such... I've never thought about having one, probably because I feel I have good leaders willing to help always. Well, each to their own I suppose. :smile: She has it like I do? :s-smilie:

No problem, if I didn't want ramblings and stories about others' lives, I wouldn't be on TSR :wink:
What do people here think about preachers like Joel Osteen and T.D. Jakes? Also their corresponding group of Mega Churches and televangelists. I am very curious as to how others see them.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending