Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by Waqar Y
Coventry, Wolverhampton and Aston.

I'm undecided on either firming Aston or Warwick, because I thought warwick would have given me a AAB offer, but they gave me the same as Aston - both has advantages.

Aston

I live 10 minutes away from it
Good with Employers
Good Life and health science department

Warwick

I'd have to travel on the train and wake up early
But.. has a better reputation worldwide I think.
Pretty much speaks for itself

I think they are both prestigious universities. Either way, you'll have a solid degree from a good university.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1441
Original post by BigPash
Ive applied for History and Politcs but heard nothing yet :frown: has anybody else had offers for his/pol or just history? :smile:

I have heard nothing at all, and I've applied for History + Pol :frown: SO NERVOUS
I think there have been History offers, and some History + others offers (I've been stalking this thread)
Reply 1442
got an offer for comparative american studies (history, literature and culture of the americas ... yes a very long-winded degree title), AAB
anyone else got an offer?? i know i'm unlikely to find someone cause it's a teeny tiny course, less than 30 students a year, according to the department guy i spoke to at the open day
Reply 1443
Original post by ffffreya
I have heard nothing at all, and I've applied for History + Pol :frown: SO NERVOUS
I think there have been History offers, and some History + others offers (I've been stalking this thread)

I really just want to hear now. No news is good news? Ahaa starting to loose faith a bit, where else have you applied/had offer from?
Reply 1444
Original post by BigPash
I really just want to hear now. No news is good news? Ahaa starting to loose faith a bit, where else have you applied/had offer from?

Same! Yeah maybe :frown: I wonder if they've given any history/politics offers yet D:
I've got offers from Nottingham, Oxford Brookes and Leeds (but i applied for history + philosophy at Leeds), and I got rejected from Exeter aha. How about you?
Reply 1445
Hey since the AS results are out today, do u think there's a higher chance of getting an offer into Warwick if we submit our AS results to them?
Reply 1446
Original post by ffffreya
Same! Yeah maybe :frown: I wonder if they've given any history/politics offers yet D:
I've got offers from Nottingham, Oxford Brookes and Leeds (but i applied for history + philosophy at Leeds), and I got rejected from Exeter aha. How about you?

Well done for the ones you've got! Ive also got one from nottingham :smile: and birmingham but thats called history and political science (i pressume its the same thing!) Both AAA though. I also got rejected from Cambridge and Durham for straight history :frown:

I really want warwick, if i do, it will definitely be my firm offer, would it be yours? Did you like Nottingham's course and Uni? Are you going on their ucas/subject day on March 9th?
Original post by Louise81
I'm also waiting on Kings, this reassures me :smile: I've had an offer from Nottingham so if I get the offer from Kings I'll have to decide between those two and Warwick. Hopeless with decisions!

Ah I know I would probably opt for King's over Warwick, if I get rejected from my first choice - ULIP. I've got it all worked out thankfully :P
Reply 1448
Original post by eshika
Anyone heard anything for film and literature? or ANYTHING from the english department at all?

Hi, I applied for film and literature too and have heard absolutely nothing! But its nice to find someine else who has applied :biggrin:
Reply 1449
Original post by procrastinizer
Uh.. so I applied for engineering, and I got a letter by snail mail saying that

"I am pleased to inform you that your application for entry to our H102 MEng Engineering degree programme has been considered by the School of Engineering and has been passed onto our central Student Admissions and Recruitment Office for some final checks"

I'm international, and this letter was sent on the 8th of December, but my track hasn't been updated after two weeks. What does this letter mean? offer.. hopefully? does anyone know?

Same here, anyone know what this means? Did you get an offer?
Reply 1450
Original post by BigPash
Ive applied for History and Politcs but heard nothing yet :frown: has anybody else had offers for his/pol or just history? :smile:

I've applied for history (V100) and haven't heard anything!

wait is awful and last reply i got was rejection from cambridge post interview so i want some good news!!!
Reply 1451
Original post by BigPash
Well done for the ones you've got! Ive also got one from nottingham :smile: and birmingham but thats called history and political science (i pressume its the same thing!) Both AAA though. I also got rejected from Cambridge and Durham for straight history :frown:

I really want warwick, if i do, it will definitely be my firm offer, would it be yours? Did you like Nottingham's course and Uni? Are you going on their ucas/subject day on March 9th?

Thank you :biggrin: Nottingham is great, and I was thinking about going for Birmingham! Ahhh that sucks :frown: I'm too indecisive to do a straight subject aha.
I really want Warwick too and it would deeefinitely be my firm if I got an offer, but if not I'm firming Nottingham. I really like Nottingham, the course sounds good, the university is lovely and I have family in the city :smile: And yes I am!! Are you? Do you reckon you'll firm it?
After a little mix up, it turns out I was meant to be having an interview for English this Friday. Luckily I was able to reschedule for February.

HAPPY!
offer for french :-)
Damn it warwick give me an offer!
Original post by Downbutup
Generally they're qually hard to get into. I think that Bristol, although has a smaller number of applications, it also has a smaller number of places to offer.

Sorry to hear your rejection. :frown: What did you get rejected for btw?

Economics & philosophy
Reply 1456
Original post by Totti10
Thanks!!:smile:
I finished school in Germany last year. Abitur: Economics, Physics, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, History, German Literature and Religious Studies.

Have you applied for PPE as well?

Yeah I did but I am still waiting.
Reply 1457
Original post by bagfullofgod
After a little mix up, it turns out I was meant to be having an interview for English this Friday. Luckily I was able to reschedule for February.

HAPPY!

jealous! I want them to get back to me already. The longer they leave it the more convinced I am that they don't want me :emo:
Warwick are really taking their time! I don't even want to put them down as firm or insurance, I just want them to reply so that I can turn them down and firm Birmingham! Definitely getting a tad frustrated now :frown:

EDIT: Turn them down assuming a get an offer, which I'm seeing as fairly unlikely atm
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1459
Original post by Vekeh
Sorry to hear that, but by the sound of it you're a retake student? If so, that's is probably why. Their English department doesn't like retake students, so it's possibly the same throughout the uni. There's probably nothing wrong with your application if you're worrying about your other unis :smile:

Well you still got one offer, I am still waiting.

Quick Reply

Latest