The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by Daniel Cunningham
Hello Everyone.

I applied for L101 BA in Economics at Leeds University recently, and I sent my predicted grades off as a total of 39 points, as I am doing the IB Diploma. The following are the predicted grades I sent off.
Spanish SL - 6
History HL - 6
Economics HL - 7
Math SL - 6
Physics SL - 7
English HL - 7
The total of 39 does not take into account a possible bonus point for TOK and Extended Essay.

What do you think my chances of getting an offer are?
Anyone else doing Economics received any offers yet?
I sent my UCAS application off on 16th december.

I think you have a very good chance! your prediction is amazing... and enough for leeeds they only want 35 i think.. im appliying for econ too but i havn't heard and i'm doing the IB where else have you applied? and what are your gcse's :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 501
Original post by jeffercake
Your sig!! +rep
Made me lol

xx

Haha, thanks! :h: My boyfriend 'shopped it for me. He'll be pleased :smile:
Reply 502
im always waiting any acknowledgement :x
Reply 503
To anyone who is going to the English post-offer day on the 28th:

I've lost my program. Could anyone tell me what's going on? I know registration is at 1:45 but not much else.
Reply 504
Original post by lalala1
i applied but not heard anything back yett :frown:

have u got an offer?

Nope not yet, I'm so impatient! :tongue:
Reply 505
Original post by Muffinz

I've lost my program. Could anyone tell me what's going on? I know registration is at 1:45 but not much else.

The 28th of January? Ah well, I'm going to the post-offer open day but on 4th February :/ I would've thought there was only one, but i guess they get a lot of English applications. Assuming the thing's relatively similar...

- Registration from 1.45pm
- Coffee w/Academic Staff from 2pm
- Group walk to the Lecture Theatre at 2.20pm
- At 'Clockworkers South LT2' there are some lovely talks at 2.30pm
- Then 3.30pm - 4.30pm
Applicants have a tour of the campus and on-campus accommodation
Parents have finance and accommodation talks
- Done at 4.30pm

I think it's a bit poor to be honest, especially in comparison to the UEA and Exeter ones I had last year. And the fact that parents have finance and accommodation talks is ridiculous - seeing as i'll be coming alone or with a mate from Leeds i'll just have to miss out on any of that information. Pah!
Original post by Muffinz

Original post by roverston
The 28th of January? Ah well, I'm going to the post-offer open day but on 4th February :/ I would've thought there was only one, but i guess they get a lot of English applications. Assuming the thing's relatively similar...

- Then 3.30pm - 4.30pm
- Done at 4.30pm

I think it's a bit poor to be honest, especially in comparison to the UEA and Exeter ones I had last year. And the fact that parents have finance and accommodation talks is ridiculous - seeing as i'll be coming alone or with a mate from Leeds i'll just have to miss out on any of that information. Pah!

I know its a different department, (JHAS) but this is my open day timetable:

11:30am - Campus Tour (Optional) (Parkinson Building, map reference 60)

12:30pm - Registration (Conference Auditorium, map reference 100)

1:00pm - Presentations (Including talks on both academic subjects of interest)

3:30pm - Refreshments

4:00pm - Day finishes

:biggrin:

Next weds, cant wait!
Original post by amyrb
Have any mature students heard from English Language?!

I got a rejection for Lit and Lang a few weeks ago! (My PS was geared towards Lit and History).

They initially sent me an email, saying that because my Access tutors dont know me that well, that they would be asking for another reference in the new year. I sent one back saying I was a part time student, and therefore because I was in my second year that the tutors knew me well enough.
They wrote back saying that that was fine, my application was now being considered and if i was shortlisted i would be contacted for a (march) interview.
Unfortunately i was unsuccessful! :P

Ah well, i got my top offer.... also from Leeds!

Good luck x
Reply 508
Original post by roverston

- Then 3.30pm - 4.30pm
- Done at 4.30pm

The Exeter one I had last year was very good, and included a sample lecture which I loved (although I was frightened by how scarily knowledgeable the other hopefuls were, ha!). Seems very similar in structure. Thanks alot :biggrin:
English retake for Leeds coming up on Monday :afraid::afraid:
Reply 510
Original post by 99 Red Balloons

You'll be fine! Relax :h:
Original post by 99 Red Balloons

Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by sofffiii
Anyone had an offer for Childhood Studies yet?

I've applied for Childhood Studies, got offers from everywhere else but still waiting on Leeds - my first choice!!
Reply 513
Original post by Laura x<3x
I've applied for Childhood Studies, got offers from everywhere else but still waiting on Leeds - my first choice!!

I haven't been to visit yet but it's more than likely going to be my first choice out of there and Sheffield! :smile:
Original post by sofffiii
I haven't been to visit yet but it's more than likely going to be my first choice out of there and Sheffield! :smile:

yeah its my first choice, if not itl be sheffield hallam I think. Just dying to hear from them now!! every time I get an email to my phone, I get excited...... unfortunately I get a lot of spam!!!!
FINALLY got my History (v100) offer through the post :biggrin: Having seen so many people being given out offers i'd convinced myself i was going to get my first rejection! I reckon i can get the standard AAA offer anyway but i've got a reduced offer of ABB with the A2L scheme. :smile:

99% sure i'm firming as i absolutely loved the open day and the city, but i've already booked trips to Sheffield and Southampton so obviously i'm going to look around them first.

Original post by lalala1
anyone had an Access to Leeds offer ?
if so.. how long did it take after sending the application.

Exactly two months. Good luck!
Reply 516
Original post by sr90
FINALLY got my History (v100) offer through the post :biggrin: Having seen so many people being given out offers i'd convinced myself i was going to get my first rejection! I reckon i can get the standard AAA offer anyway but i've got a reduced offer of ABB with the A2L scheme. :smile:

99% sure i'm firming as i absolutely loved the open day and the city, but i've already booked trips to Sheffield and Southampton so obviously i'm going to look around them first.

I've had an Access to Leeds offer too! BBC instead of ABB for History of Art!
Good luck!
Reply 517
Anyone going to the visit day for JH on wednesday? I am for history + philosophy, really excited :smile:
Original post by ffffreya
Anyone going to the visit day for JH on wednesday? I am for history + philosophy, really excited :smile:

Me :biggrin:

Im for English and History. See you there! x
Reply 519
Original post by sr90

congrats!!!! i'm so scared now! did you get your offer through UCAS track, like in an email or through the post?

Latest