The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nuttynatz
Thanks, you win some you lose some, and honestly I don't know whether I like their whole 8 week system and emphasis in exams- way to stressful for me (which is why I love Durhma because its kinda a less intensive version of Oxbridge- or I think so :biggrin:)

Anthropoolgy sounds like a really interesting course, I did look into anthropology and archaelology before I applied, and it looked really cool :smile: What ssubjects are you doing at IB then?

Haha, I know what you mean about the 8 week system.. and I really am not an exam-ey person unfortunately, though its very hard to avoid them.

I do Bio, English and Geography Higher
Art, Italian B and Math standard

what about you?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 3141
Original post by Bubble.Gum
Yeah I Am :smile: Are You?

No, going to put it as my insurance.
I want to put Newcastle as my firm :smile:
Original post by steffanie
Who's Durham open day-ing? :smile:

I'm going :smile:
Anyone else got an offer from st mary's?? :smile:
Reply 3144
Original post by BlueEyes_WearsGlasses
I'm still waiting to hear from Durham, and I really want to go there, but my application hasn't been handed onto a college yet and I applied on 11th October...

I sent mine off in early October too, and mine was only sent to the college on Friday, so I wouldn't worry.

What subject are you applying for?
Reply 3145
Who's Durham open day-ing? :smile:

Hi, I am :smile: For history at Grey, how about you?
Also, I assumed that the letter which says the open days are 22nd/23rd means you can choose which day to go on, and those are the days of the deparment stuff (ie you stay in college the night before if you want to)... Am I right? My friend said that it means you stay in college on 22nd and department stuff is on the 23rd, but that doesn't seem to be the general consensus on this thread.. Any help would be much appreciated :smile: Also, are there any other history/Grey offer holders? :redface:
Original post by eve_m
Hi, I am :smile: For history at Grey, how about you?
Also, I assumed that the letter which says the open days are 22nd/23rd means you can choose which day to go on, and those are the days of the deparment stuff (ie you stay in college the night before if you want to)... Am I right? My friend said that it means you stay in college on 22nd and department stuff is on the 23rd, but that doesn't seem to be the general consensus on this thread.. Any help would be much appreciated :smile: Also, are there any other history/Grey offer holders? :redface:

I'm law at Josephine Butler :smile: staying at Collingwood though apparently
RE the open days, as far as I know... haha.
I chose to have my Butler open day on the 21st and my law open day on the 22nd, so I assume it's the same for you but with a day afterwards?
What have other people said? Confuzzling me, eek.
Original post by Kayleyyyy
I'm going :smile:

Which course and college? :smile:
It would be nice to actually know someone beforehand, haha.
Reply 3148
Did any other maths applicants get an email today asking for their UMS grades?

It irritated me a little, as my UMS module marks were already on my UCAS form...
Original post by skypig97
I am going for the Mon/Tues Open Day at St Chad's

I'm Mon/Tues as well :smile:
Quite a trek for you isn't it? haha. Are you staying in Durham for a bit or doing all the uni visiting at once?
Reply 3150
I'm law at Josephine Butler :smile: staying at Collingwood though apparently
RE the open days, as far as I know... haha.
I chose to have my Butler open day on the 21st and my law open day on the 22nd, so I assume it's the same for you but with a day afterwards?
What have other people said? Confuzzling me, eek.

Ok, that makes sense, thanks :smile: I think most people on the thread say that there are 2 days for the open day and you can choose which to go on, which seems to be what it says here http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/study/CollegesProgramme2011.pdf don't be confused, I was just wondering :smile: How comes you have to stay at Collingwood rather than JB? Seems annoying that you might not see the college as much :frown:
All this talk of open days is starting to get me a bit worried now. :frown:
Original post by eve_m
Ok, that makes sense, thanks :smile: I think most people on the thread say that there are 2 days for the open day and you can choose which to go on, which seems to be what it says here http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/study/CollegesProgramme2011.pdf don't be confused, I was just wondering :smile: How comes you have to stay at Collingwood rather than JB? Seems annoying that you might not see the college as much :frown:

Haha, I was worried I'd messed up all my form and was just going to turn up at the wrong things...
They said with it being a 38 week let the rooms would still be being used, so I think we still spend the evening there and just get shipped off to Collingwood to sleep, which isn't so bad :smile:
Strangely excited for it, think it's because I'm just bored of working and want to be at uni instead haha.
Original post by danielsmith
All this talk of open days is starting to get me a bit worried now. :frown:

Sorry :frown:
I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 3154
I'm Mon/Tues as well :smile:
Quite a trek for you isn't it? haha. Are you staying in Durham for a bit or doing all the uni visiting at once?

Durham is the primary stop, but I'll make the trek up to St A afterwards. I am arriving at Durham on the weekend ahead of Open Days. When will you arrive? Which college? Does the dept do something separate from the college?
(edited 13 years ago)
Which course and college? :smile:
It would be nice to actually know someone beforehand, haha.

Oh sorry, you're right! I got an offer from Castle for PPE :smile: :smile: What about you ? :smile:
Original post by skypig97
Durham is the primary stop, but I'll make the trek up to St A afterwards. I am arriving at Durham on the weekend ahead of Open Days. When will you arrive? Which college? Does the dept do something separate from the college?

Eek, even more of a trek! haha.
I only live about 5 minutes away, so I'll just wander up on the morning before I'm due at my college, I'm at Josephine Butler :smile:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/study/DepartmentsProgramme2011.pdf
That's the link to all the department stuff for the next day :smile:
Original post by Kayleyyyy
Oh sorry, you're right! I got an offer from Castle for PPE :smile: :smile: What about you ? :smile:

That sounded much more aggressive on here than it did in my head, sorry :frown: haha.
Ooh Castle, nice!
I'm law at Josephine Butler :smile:
That sounded much more aggressive on here than it did in my head, sorry :frown: haha.
Ooh Castle, nice!
I'm law at Josephine Butler :smile:

haha oooh cool! My parents wanted me to study law, but I didn't want , so...I chose PPE :smile: By the way, I am so excited about the Open Day and scared at the same time, because I am Italian and I hope it won't be difficult for me to communicate!
Original post by webber8345
Haha, I know what you mean about the 8 week system.. and I really am not an exam-ey person unfortunately, though its very hard to avoid them.

I do Bio, English and Geography Higher
Art, Italian B and Math standard

what about you?

Economics, English and History higher
Biology, Spanish ab and maths studies standard.

Are you from england then or an international student?

Latest