The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ukcathater
Ok but personally I would like to have every opportunity to get an offer so if I was rejected after interview I would know I'd tried my best if you know what I mean. Rejection before ......I'd always be wondering:rolleyes:

I see what u mean! It's definitely better to be rejected after interview but it is worse because they have met you and "wanted to give you an offer" but you weren't up to their standards in person, or u didn't live up to your written UCAS application
So we've decided being rejected after interview is both better and worse than being rejected before. :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 602
Cheers for the information and links on the last page guys, and the standard stress argument. TSR will destroy us.

Concerning the article, obviously you cannot state content, but what kind of questions do they ask. I am assuming theres a bit of ethics involved and this is the focus of the discussion?

One more thing, do they probe pervious scientific knowledge at all? Not sure if i should look at old lecture notes or not!
Reply 603
Hey, does anyone know how the banding thing for the UKCAT scores goes ? I mean does anyone happen to know which scores equal the highest banding and which correspond to the second banding and so on? :biggrin:
Reply 604
Original post by teafil
Hey, does anyone know how the banding thing for the UKCAT scores goes ? I mean does anyone happen to know which scores equal the highest banding and which correspond to the second banding and so on? :biggrin:

I'm guessing nobody will know that. Just forget about the tiny details I say, whats done is done. You got an interview?

I am so excited and worried I might end up delibaretly sabatoging my own chances of getting in. I keep envisioning I walk into the interview room and pick my nose or something...
Reply 605
Original post by baztech
I'm guessing nobody will know that. Just forget about the tiny details I say, whats done is done. You got an interview?

I am so excited and worried I might end up delibaretly sabatoging my own chances of getting in. I keep envisioning I walk into the interview room and pick my nose or something...

That made me laugh so much!
First post....and a good un'

INTERVIEW wooo.

Got an email letting me know my letter would go out next week so I don't as yet know the date. But obviously that means there are still dates left. I hope that gives anyone still waiting on a response a little hope.

Kind Regards,

Kelly
I had my interview yesterday, the interviewers were really nice. Think it went ok but it's so hard to tell!!

The new facilities are awesome!
Original post by rachel6286
I had my interview yesterday, the interviewers were really nice. Think it went ok but it's so hard to tell!!

glad ur interview went well!

Would u mind me asking ur stats and whether ur postgrad or undergrad
Reply 609
Original post by rachel6286

Hey. I've got a question regarding the interviewers. When you say they were really nice, does this include them having eye contact all the time or not rushing you with your answers? I've heard many interviewers don't actually allow applicants to develop a full answer or to finish their ideas :s-smilie:
When you get invited to interview do you only get the email or also a letter?
thanks ^^
Reply 611
Original post by areyousure?
When you get invited to interview do you only get the email or also a letter?
thanks ^^

As far as i know, just an email. Perhaps the upper post was a troll or something :tongue:
Original post by teafil
As far as i know, just an email. Perhaps the upper post was a troll or something :tongue:

perhaps... :P
I can't wait to goo looking for hotels right now!! If anyone has any suggestions...
Reply 613
I can't wait to goo looking for hotels right now!! If anyone has any suggestions...

Personal experience: hotel in Dundee = cheaper (a lot). But if you don't have problems with money... No idea :biggrin:

I stayed at the greyfriars hotel, £55 for a deluxe room with a double bed and full scottish fry up for breakfast. Was very good, I definitely recommend there, only 5 mins walk from the medical school as well.
Original post by teafil
Personal experience: hotel in Dundee = cheaper (a lot). But if you don't have problems with money... No idea :biggrin:

Original post by Carter BSc
I stayed at the greyfriars hotel, £55 for a deluxe room with a double bed and full scottish fry up for breakfast. Was very good, I definitely recommend there, only 5 mins walk from the medical school as well.

Thanks for that guys i will research them now. I am staying for 5 days in Scotland and my flight goes to Edinburgh so I am looking for accommodation in St Andrews and Edinburgh ( the travelodge has great deal but I can't book online for some reasons!!) so I will also look into those places and Dundee.

thanks ^^
Reply 616
AHHH!! just got an interview invitation!! for 9th feb! i can't believe it...am so excited! but VERY nervous.
Reply 617
Original post by Vintage05
AHHH!! just got an interview invitation!! for 9th feb! i can't believe it...am so excited! but VERY nervous.

What time? I've got on the 9th of february as well! :smile: What was you UKCAT score? Also where are you from?:biggrin:
Reply 618
Original post by teafil
What time? I've got on the 9th of february as well! :smile: What was you UKCAT score? Also where are you from?:biggrin:

mine is at 3.40pm!! UKCAT was 645. I'm a resit applicant, so i was so surpised to get an interview!
From Hong Kong! you?
Reply 619
Original post by Vintage05
mine is at 3.40pm!! UKCAT was 645. I'm a resit applicant, so i was so surpised to get an interview!
From Hong Kong! you?

Mine is at 4;15 :biggrin: I'm Romanian :smile: Are you considered an international applicant?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending