The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Anthropology (300 points) but i mighht see if i go there whether i can switch to social anthropology
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 421
Sociology (with year in finland!) :biggrin:
Should I be concerned that I haven't heard anything back from Kent yet? It has only been two weeks, but I'm yet to even receive an acknowledgement when most people are getting offers at this point.
I've applied for English and American Lit. with a year abroad, by the way.
Reply 423
Original post by Loz17
Its coz its the best one in the country. As mentioned AS's count as well. BBDb was 310 points so its not massively difficult. I'm happy to help with biology if you like too :smile:

But its your call. Just make sure you're happy with your decision!

thanks! :biggrin: thats very kind of you :smile:)
I have doing 4 ALevels atm but they never tell me AS count as well?
well, maybe I didnt drop anythg :P
also, on the UCAS thing, they only stated - 3 ALEVELS including BC :/
Original post by Reggiee
thanks! :biggrin: thats very kind of you :smile:)
I have doing 4 ALevels atm but they never tell me AS count as well?
well, maybe I didnt drop anythg :P
also, on the UCAS thing, they only stated - 3 ALEVELS including BC :/

Copy and paste the whole offer please?
Reply 425
Original post by Loz17
Copy and paste the whole offer please?

Dear Miss Wong
Congratulations; The University of Kent has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Forensic Science, F410; starting in September 2011 at point of entry 1.
The conditions of the offer are:

This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 300 UCAS Tariff points

to be obtained from 3 A-Level equivalents

You must obtain two full A-Levels at Grades BC

one of which must be Chemistry

Your other points can be counted from either a

third A-Level or two AS Levels

This offer is valid until 31 August 2011 - all exam results must be sent to us
by this date

You will be required to provide official verification of your results if you
accept the offer.

If you already hold an equivalent degree level qualification that has not been
disclosed on your
UCAS form you may be liable to pay a higher rate tuition fee; see
www.kent.ac.uk/studying/funding/elq.html for information on our ELQ fee policy

See www.ucas.com/students/ucas_tariff/index.html for Tariff notes
Original post by Reggiee

Ahh I see :sad:
Yea 3 only. Or 2 AS's but I doubt thats possible now.
Reply 427
Original post by saaail
I'm going to apply for accommodation tomorrow, hopefully. Quite keen on Parkwood and Darwin Houses at this point! Definitely going to go for self-catering, just weighing up the pros/cons between flats and houses now.. But Tyler Court seems a little too expensive :redface:

What about you? Applied already?

Ooohh, I've gone for Tyler Court A, as it's the cheaper of the 2 Tyler Courts!
Yeah, I've got an unconditional offer there as I'm on a gap year. :smile:
What have you applied to study?
Reply 428
Original post by tiggyrocs
Politics & International Relations :smile:

I got an offer yesterday :biggrin: I was really suprised as I didn't get an acknowledgement or anything :smile:

Whooo! I'm doing politics and international relations with french!! :biggrin:
Is kent your first choice?
Reply 429
Original post by c2010
Ooohh, I've gone for Tyler Court A, as it's the cheaper of the 2 Tyler Courts!
Yeah, I've got an unconditional offer there as I'm on a gap year. :smile:
What have you applied to study?

History of Art.. Still umming and ahhing but I'm pretty sure I'll firm Kent this weekend!

I would ask you what you've gotten up to so far on your 'gap yahh' but don't want to steer the thread away from all of this serious student talk :wink:
Reply 430
Original post by Loz17
You will love it! Amazing course. Though I will be doing different stuffs next year. I'm loving being in with the Forensic scientists atm :grin:
Just beware of the few crappy 1st term modules :p: but the rest are just, wow!

Where are people applying for accomadation then?

Happy to help give views on Tyler A and Elliot College (and Rutherford college too seeing as they are spitting image buildings!)

Ahh, please could I have some advice on Tyler A? I was just wondering how noisy it is at night? I'm a light sleeper and I was also wondering how much you spent on food roughly per week?
I know these sound like strange questions but I don't know anyone that lives/studies in Kent or Tyler A so I thought I'd take the opportunity! :smile:
Reply 431
Original post by saaail
History of Art.. Still umming and ahhing but I'm pretty sure I'll firm Kent this weekend!

I would ask you what you've gotten up to so far on your 'gap yahh' but don't want to steer the thread away from all of this serious student talk :wink:

haha! yah, not much really, I've been working quite a lot, but I'm going to India in February and hopefully Morocco and India again in the summer! :smile:

Wow, that's early to be firming! Is it a good offer? :smile:
Original post by c2010
Ahh, please could I have some advice on Tyler A? I was just wondering how noisy it is at night? I'm a light sleeper and I was also wondering how much you spent on food roughly per week?
I know these sound like strange questions but I don't know anyone that lives/studies in Kent or Tyler A so I thought I'd take the opportunity! :smile:

Well. I'll answer your 2 questions. I made a post about Tyler A elsewhere in the forum (I'll get the link)

But Tyler A is pretty quite in comparison of the colleges. Only noise is from kitchens if you have rowdy housemates. I was living on £20-25 every fortnight on food there.

Watch out for the psycho ovens though!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1528191
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 433
Original post by c2010
haha! yah, not much really, I've been working quite a lot, but I'm going to India in February and hopefully Morocco and India again in the summer! :smile:

Wow, that's early to be firming! Is it a good offer? :smile:

Nice plans! I was lucky enough to go to India a few years ago.. Quite a culture shock - and I stayed in the 'touristy' part! - but an amazing country to visit.

It does seem early, I know! But I received all of my offers back before Christmas, and I've been thinking so much about it these past few weeks.. I can't count how many pros/cons lists I've made recently about all of my options! At this point I'm getting wound up by the smallest, most trivial points.. :redface: Have you gotten all of your offers back yet? I sent my application off ridiculous early ha I was so nervous

My offer is just BB (or 300 points including BB at A-Level) which doesn't seem too bad, eh? My head of sixth form is being really snobby about my offer, saying that I'll be selling myself short, but Kent has the overall package for me.. Decent campus, great department and a beeeautiful town and area!
hi, applying for accommodation now, I was wondering if anyone has any more info on Darwin houses/ rooms?
There doesn't seem to be much about them!

Also for the 'other accomodation requests' part of the form what are you all saying?!
Applying for Biomedical Science!
Got a response yesterday after my application was sent off on the 16th December. I've applied for English and American Literature with a Year Abroad, and got an offer of ABB. I'm pretty stoked because I'm pretty sure Kent is going to be my first choice.
BSc Math G100

offer ABC plus C in GCSE English
Reply 438
Original post by cherrycola32
hi, applying for accommodation now, I was wondering if anyone has any more info on Darwin houses/ rooms?
There doesn't seem to be much about them!

Also for the 'other accomodation requests' part of the form what are you all saying?!

It's silly how little information there is on the accommodation website - actually had to email the hospitality team for some answers earlier today! Apparently Darwin Houses range from 4 to 8 bedroomed houses.. Ones with 6 or more living in will come with two bathrooms and a bigger kitchen with two fridges. Sent a follow up email asking whether they allocate rooms or whether we'd have the opportunity to choose but no reply as of yet, I'll let you know if I hear anything back
Original post by saaail
It's silly how little information there is on the accommodation website - actually had to email the hospitality team for some answers earlier today! Apparently Darwin Houses range from 4 to 8 bedroomed houses.. Ones with 6 or more living in will come with two bathrooms and a bigger kitchen with two fridges. Sent a follow up email asking whether they allocate rooms or whether we'd have the opportunity to choose but no reply as of yet, I'll let you know if I hear anything back

Thank you! The website is pretty useless, if I hadn't visited kent, I would not have a clue!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending