Visit website

Scroll to see replies

how are you, i found this place on google and i enjoy it so far :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Misha 938
Do u go to Durham? Ifso u know any people from st aidans? What's the community like?

Yes and yes, I don't know too much about the community but the people I know from aiden's didn't apply there (their original choice colleges were full) but still love it, it just takes a little while to get used to walking up all those steps!

I think it's pretty much a party college, their formals are themed fancy dress rather than in gowns and their balls have involved food fights a few times, but obviously there will be a complete mix of people there so there'll be some quieter people too!
Reply 3342
Original post by Rilel
Well, my offer came through this morning, so it looks like yours should be doing something similar. It's looking like Durham's first for me at the moment, but I'll be checking everything I've got on everywhere I've applied before firming anything, I think.

My offer came through this morning as well :biggrin: Just waiting to hear from a college really. I'm pretty much deciding between Durham and Nottingham for first choice and the other one second choice. They are both AA offers (I already have an A* in Maths because I did it a year early) but Durham want the As in Biology and Further Maths, seeing as I'm taking Bio and Maths for the course and Nottingham want them in Bio and Chem, seeing as I probably don't need further maths to do the course. I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to get an A in Furhter maths but if I work hard :/
:biggrin: It's nice to have the offer come through at last though :clap2:
Does anybody have any idea when maths decisions will be released?

I have read one possible offer back in December and a recent unsuccessful, but thats all.

Also, generally does AES progress to 'with College' before any decisions are sent out (ie is it worth checking that as well as incoming email)?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 3344
:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

I got into Durham NatSci.... again!!!!!!!!!!!! (It was my firm last year and I missed their offer :O )

I was so scared that they would reject me straight off since I'm a retake student, so I'm so happy!!!!

I basically only retook this year so that I could have another chance at getting into Durham's NatSci program so seriously this is like the pinnacle of goodness in my entire life :biggrin:
Original post by Lunaelu
:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

I got into Durham NatSci.... again!!!!!!!!!!!! (It was my firm last year and I missed their offer :O )

I was so scared that they would reject me straight off since I'm a retake student, so I'm so happy!!!!

I basically only retook this year so that I could have another chance at getting into Durham's NatSci program so seriously this is like the pinnacle of goodness in my entire life :biggrin:

Well done! You deserve it for all the hasstle you're going through to get in! :biggrin:
Original post by A Confused Parent
Does anybody have any idea when maths decisions will be released?

I have read one possible offer back in December and a recent unsuccessful, but thats all.

Also, generally does AES progress to 'with College' before any decisions are sent out (ie is it worth checking that as well as incoming email)?

Thanks in advance :smile:

I've seen very few maths offers.

My application has just been sent to college, but nothing on UCAS so far. I think the AES generally updates to 'recieved by college' before the offer is confirmed on UCAS, but there have been a few exceptions. Depends how much you want to know the decision really, you might find out that little bit earlier if you check AES.
Reply 3347
Hi I got my offer from Durham last week :biggrin:

And yesterday, because I left my college preference blank, they allocated me St. Aidens College.

Any opinions about it? Would I be able to change it if I didn't like it?

Cheers for the wait, Durham.
Reply 3349
Original post by Misha 938
Ye on the 22nd of March to stay overnight. But I havent sent them a letter back yet :/ are you planning to go?

From what I know about St Aidans from my research:
1. The smallest college
2. Redone recently so good accomodation
3. One of the Hill colleges
4. Has a reputation for being a party college (dont quote me on that since I heard this from the forums here)

It's one of the bigger ones, good for sports it looks like. I'll be joining the rowing squad so i hope it's a good rowing college! apparently collingwood is the best for that though. No mine was open, didnt really have a preferance at the time and everyone seems to love their own more than any others, but I like the look of it, looks a bit more casual than the others.
Reply 3350
Original post by ben788
Has anyone got an offer for Archeology?

YEH MATE. sort of. Archeology and Ancient civ. What't your offer?
Reply 3351
Original post by Taverner
YEH MATE. sort of. Archeology and Ancient civ. What't your offer?

Congrats!
Still waiting, but my AES updated from received by department to received by college over a week ago. How long did it take for you? Oh and what college offer did you get? :smile:
Original post by Schnecke
I've seen very few maths offers.

My application has just been sent to college, but nothing on UCAS so far. I think the AES generally updates to 'recieved by college' before the offer is confirmed on UCAS, but there have been a few exceptions. Depends how much you want to know the decision really, you might find out that little bit earlier if you check AES.

OH!!! The AES status has changed today to 'Application received by College, a decision has yet to be made'. That means the maths department is going to make an offer???
I received an offer for Mechanical Engineering yesterday. I've also had a confirmation email inviting me to attend an open day where I get to stay at my college. Although I haven't heard back from my chosen college and I can't see a specific date of engineering open day. Also all I've found is a form to fill in requesting an informal tour. So do I just wait until I hear from my college before investigating further. I know the open days are in March so I need to book a flight soon as well.
Reply 3354
I got rejected from the Mathematics course. I am gutted but life moves on, best wishes for everyone who is yet to hear from Durham.
Reply 3355
Original post by Freerider101
I received an offer for Mechanical Engineering yesterday. I've also had a confirmation email inviting me to attend an open day where I get to stay at my college. Although I haven't heard back from my chosen college and I can't see a specific date of engineering open day. Also all I've found is a form to fill in requesting an informal tour. So do I just wait until I hear from my college before investigating further. I know the open days are in March so I need to book a flight soon as well.

yep :smile: i too am waiting to hear from my allocated college.. the uni said to wait as the college will write to us and give us all the information we need.. just be patient :smile: well done! what college did you pick?
Original post by mlsdbk
yep :smile: i too am waiting to hear from my allocated college.. the uni said to wait as the college will write to us and give us all the information we need.. just be patient :smile: well done! what college did you pick?

St Mary's. I hope I get in since its quite close to the engineering site, although I didn't look into the colleges too much since I hadn't visited Durham- I wouldn't be too gutted if I got another college though since they all look very nice. Which college/ course did you apply for?
OH!!! The AES status has changed today to 'Application received by College, a decision has yet to be made'. That means the maths department is going to make an offer???

Pretty much. It'd be very strange if they didn't at this point, but if you read the stuff on the AES page, nothing is definite until UCAS says you have an offer.
Reply 3358

I keep wondering that too.
Original post by Schnecke
Pretty much. It'd be very strange if they didn't at this point, but if you read the stuff on the AES page, nothing is definite until UCAS says you have an offer.

Hey, are you going to be declining Durham if they give the same offer like Cambridge?

Latest