The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
Original post by Lawuk
Hi... I'm an international student waiting for QM.
Can u tell me when did u get ur QM offer and what A level grades are being expected?

Oh hey, I applied for law and I have NOT received an offer from
QM. However, they sent me an invitation to an open day and in the letter they stated that people who are invited have been made an offer, although official notification may have not yet been received from UCAS. so as I understand I've got an offer :smile:.
I was predicted A*A*A*A* and sent of my UCAS in the middle
Of November. Oh actually, if your asking about the conditions of my offer then I think it would be like AAA for my course. Sorry I'm
Not so sure what you wanna know. Hope it helps :smile:
Original post by qcdang
QM. However, they sent me an invitation to an open day and in the letter they stated that people who are invited have been made an offer, although official notification may have not yet been received from UCAS. so as I understand I've got an offer :smile:.
Of November. Oh actually, if your asking about the conditions of my offer then I think it would be like AAA for my course. Sorry I'm

If you want any information on QM, ask me.

Yes, if you were invited to an open day, which stated you've been made an offer, you have. It will update on UCAS within 2 weeks.

:smile:
Original post by catalina18
I don't think so, I think they'll still pay attention to the LNAT. It depends though whether you've applied for Law and French as a BA joint honours, or whether it's a Law and French Law LLB. I think as it's Law they will look at your LNAT. What was your score if you don't mind me asking? And where have you applied? I've had offers from Warwick to do Law and French Law, York and Durham just Law. I did sent my application of on the 30th September though.

Wow, well done. I got 18 in the lnat.. not that impressive. Haven't heard anything but applied to Warwick, Edinburgh, Durham, Nottingham and Aberdeen. All for law and french except straight law in Durham. Slightly freaking out, although I only applied mid January..... that normal to have heard nothing?
Original post by David1693
I have actually no idea. They must of liked my Personal Statement! :cool:
But I think since i had a permanent position at a local solicitors office as my part time job, that might of helped since most people only do a week for work experience!

Are you you applying to Edinburgh? Good luck with your application regardless! :biggrin:

Yeh I applied mid January for law and french. getting a bit anxious though at this stage...
Reply 2384
Hey Im a International student from Bangladesh.

Im doing the IB and Im predicted 42/45 and 777 for my HL. My HL subjects are english, economics and ITGS and my SLs are math, spanish and environmental science.

Does anyone think I have a shot at LSE law?
I applied around December 13 and haven't heard back from 3 of my universities yet..
Did anyone get an offer for M100 at LSE?
Reply 2385
Original post by Jakko247
I got my offer around 15 February

QMUL really is great! Lots of very accomplished lecturers, and being in London is brilliant too.

Lecture theatres are all brand new and huge so there really isn't any complaints on that frontier!

Alright thanks a lot. I hope to get a reply from QM soon.
Enjoy ur studies at QMUL.
I'll quote u if i need to know anything more
Reply 2386
Original post by qcdang

Thanks for replying. I so want to be based at QM.
I hope u won't mind me asking on which date did u get the mail abt the open day?
I am bit stressed that i have not received anything yet.
Original post by alr

Im doing the IB and Im predicted 42/45 and 777 for my HL. My HL subjects are english, economics and ITGS and my SLs are math, spanish and environmental science.

I applied around December 13 and haven't heard back from 3 of my universities yet..

All the people here. You've got very good predictions, but personal statement and references are pretty big factors as well, so there's no way of telling. Good luck though!
Reply 2388
Hi, I applied to do law at Oxford, Durham, Nottingham, Lincoln and Northumbria. Got an interview for Oxford and then got rejected and rejected from Durham. I'm predicted AAA at A level and although my Law teacher wanted to predict me an A* my school wouldn't allow it :frown:
I got 19 in my LNAT which is probably why I have been rejected by Oxford and Durham. I reallyy want to get into Nottingham and I really want to go to Lincoln or Northumbria :/ is there any hope?? I a lot of people have received offers now and I'm so worried I am in the rejection pile of applications :frown:
Original post by millylyd
Hi, I applied to do law at Oxford, Durham, Nottingham, Lincoln and Northumbria. Got an interview for Oxford and then got rejected and rejected from Durham. I'm predicted AAA at A level and although my Law teacher wanted to predict me an A* my school wouldn't allow it :frown:
I got 19 in my LNAT which is probably why I have been rejected by Oxford and Durham. I reallyy want to get into Nottingham and I really want to go to Lincoln or Northumbria :/ is there any hope?? I a lot of people have received offers now and I'm so worried I am in the rejection pile of applications :frown:

so you haven't received any offers yet?
Reply 2390
Hi, sorry I have received offers from Lincoln and Northumbria. Neither of which are LNAT universities :/ obviously applying to Oxford my application was sent in October. it's not looking great :frown:
Reply 2391
Just got a rejection through from UCL, so thats 2 offers and 2 rejections! Still waiting on Durham
Reply 2392
Original post by Tom_Law
Just got a rejection through from UCL, so thats 2 offers and 2 rejections! Still waiting on Durham

i'm sorry, that sucks ):
at least you have two offers ^-^
what time did you get your rejection? i've been refreshing my inbox like mad.
Original post by Tom_Law

Bad luck, but at least you seem to have an offer from the LSE, right? What was your LNAT score? Did UCL give a reason?
Is anyone applying to UCL and LSe for next year, 2012 entry?
Any offers yet for 2012?
Original post by Motatious
Wow, well done. I got 18 in the lnat.. not that impressive. Haven't heard anything but applied to Warwick, Edinburgh, Durham, Nottingham and Aberdeen. All for law and french except straight law in Durham. Slightly freaking out, although I only applied mid January..... that normal to have heard nothing?

Yeah don't worry about your LNAT, I only got 19. It's probably just that you're still in the pile a bit further down than I was. Warwick took about 8-9 weeks to get back to me, so I wouldn't read anything into it. And anyway, Warwick don't use the LNAT :smile:
Aw thanks everyone, i'm not too disheartened though, even if by some miracle i did get an offer for QM i would be rejecting it anyway, like i said i want to go to exeter, i want to stay in the southwest and exeter is the only decent uni down here.

Got another offer last night Cardiff for Law and Politics, AAA (i was expecting AAB as thats what it said in the prospectus so rather shocked, do you think this is likely to be down to me personally or across the board? Any body else recieved tougher offers than they were expecting? ),
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2397
Original post by alr

I got an offer from LSE pretty early on in the process (Early November), being predicted 43. So you certainly have a good chance. BUT they don't just count on predictions (because they are often inflated). I think a large amount of their decision is based upon earlier qualifications like GCSEs. Also, Personal Statement needs to be good, and work experience and voluntary work seem to be popular traits in LSE applicants - but this shouldn't be a problem for an IB student :wink:
Original post by GetCrunkedUp
OH don't worry about it, at the end of the day, the LNAT isn't everything =))
when did you send your ucas off? If it was pretty early, you still have a good chance, i'm thinking they would have already rejected you now if it was all about the LNAT...
fingers crossed for the both of us!

I sent it off the beginning of november sometime. I know lots of people who applied at the same time and later who've recieved rejections so yes theres still abit of hope!
my lnat score was terrible, i knew i'd done badly but when i got the score i was like :| maybe the essay saved me? oh well lets just hope for the best!
btw i'm new to tsr so do i get a notification or something when somebody quotes me? i only just saw this comment from you because i looked back a few pages haha!

oh haha i've just seen the bit at the side where they come up! ::smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2399
Has nottingham started rejecting people yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending