The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2420
Original post by Thepro
I have an easy offer from QMUL(AA) and I am probably going to firm it. I am not going to wait from 3 other Unis. I got a post-interview rejection from Cambridge.

I didn't even get interviewed at Oxford because of my LNAT. Where else are you waiting for?
LOL @ the people who negged my offer to help people, bitter or? :smile:
DONT think anyone got a worse LNAT score than me :-( . at least got some offers already
LNat- 14
UEA-AAA
Leicester-AAA
Kings-rejected
still waiting on notts and warwick. has anyone heard from them
OFFER FROM NOTTINGHAM!!!! :smile:
IB: 38 Points!
Offer received: 29/01/11
Reply 2424
Original post by alr
If you don't mind me asking, when did you send in your application?
And what subjects are you taking?

I sent my application in early October (I think it might have been the 7th - that date rings a bell).

I'm taking:
English A1 HL
French B HL
History HL
Maths SL
Physics SL
and Italian ab initio

:smile:
Original post by maka9
Aw thank you, and same to you of course! What's your top choice?

Durham for now- if that doesn't work out exeter :biggrin:
Original post by Hannahx04
OFFER FROM NOTTINGHAM!!!! :smile:
IB: 38 Points!
Offer received: 29/01/11

What was your lnat score?
Original post by D.R.E
Shouldn't this be the other way round? :colone:

Pass the crack pipe :tongue:?

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Played. :top2:

Cheers :smile:.

Original post by TimmonaPortella
On second thought, maybe that picture doesn't adequately express my congratulations.
Congratulations :smile: :congrats:

edit: in fact, it's just creepy. I googled 'woo hoo' :colondollar:

Actually, it was an apt picture.

:colone:
Reply 2428
Original post by pick92
I didn't even get interviewed at Oxford because of my LNAT. Where else are you waiting for?

UCL, King's, Notts
Reply 2429
Original post by nuttynatz
Durham for now- if that doesn't work out exeter :biggrin:

Ah nice! Good luck! :smile: I'm sure you'll make it.
Reply 2430
Original post by maka9
Yeah haha my Cambridge offer is really high but I'm keeping my fingers crossed (what else can I do right! :P). I have Physics, Economics and English at higher level and History, Maths, French at standard level :smile: What about you?

:eek: Why did they ask you for 42? They asked me for 41 and 7,7,6... I would have thought that was their standard requirement (not much difference, but still a bit less impossible!) Which college by the way? :smile:
Reply 2431
Original post by lalilou
:eek: Why did they ask you for 42? They asked me for 41 and 7,7,6... I would have thought that was their standard requirement (not much difference, but still a bit less impossible!) Which college by the way? :smile:

Magdalene. All th other IB Law applicants at my college got a 42, 777 offer as well :frown: The A-levels people got the standard A*AA offer though. I really don't get it! Which college are you? :smile: Congrats on your offer btw!
Reply 2432
Original post by maka9
Magdalene. All th other IB Law applicants at my college got a 42, 777 offer as well :frown: The A-levels people got the standard A*AA offer though. I really don't get it! Which college are you? :smile: Congrats on your offer btw!

Trinity Hall... and can't trace any fellow IB Law applicants to compare my offer with, which is frustrating.. Congratulations to you too!! :smile: (I got so wrapped in the shock earlier, I forgot to say well done!)
Original post by maka9

Someone got a 40 offer for history at my college :tongue:

Funny how much variance there is in IB offers. Pretty much every A level offer is A*AA.
UCAS sent off: 15th October

Oxford - Rejected
LSE - Rejected
UCL - Rejected
Nottingham - AAB (will be my firm and only choice)
Southampton - AAA

P.S. Oh and I am an international student btw...
Reply 2435
Original post by lalilou
Trinity Hall... and can't trace any fellow IB Law applicants to compare my offer with, which is frustrating.. Congratulations to you too!! :smile: (I got so wrapped in the shock earlier, I forgot to say well done!)

I think you're right in saying that your offer is the standard offer for other colleges :smile: Someone I talked to on YouGo had the same offer as you! I asked my careers counsellor about it and he said that Magdalene might have been especially competitive this year...which is a bit odd seeing that it's such a small college! :s-smilie:

Oh well! Finger's crossed we both meet our offers! :smile::smile:
Reply 2436
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Someone got a 40 offer for history at my college :tongue:

Funny how much variance there is in IB offers. Pretty much every A level offer is A*AA.

Oxford offers for Law (Jurisprudence) are usually 38+ points! Bias aside, since both universities are meant to be pretty much of the same ranking, I'd have thought they'd have similar offer conditions too! :P
Reply 2437
Original post by maka9
I think you're right in saying that your offer is the standard offer for other colleges :smile: Someone I talked to on YouGo had the same offer as you! I asked my careers counsellor about it and he said that Magdalene might have been especially competitive this year...which is a bit odd seeing that it's such a small college! :s-smilie:

Oh well! Finger's crossed we both meet our offers! :smile::smile:

:eek: Oh wait! I think that might have been me again.. Because I was talking to someone on YouGo with an identical offer to yours.... haa... Might be wrong, but still. It would be so funny if it turned out that we're having the same conversation on two different websites...... :confused: :smile:
Original post by maka9
Oxford offers for Law (Jurisprudence) are usually 38+ points! Bias aside, since both universities are meant to be pretty much of the same ranking, I'd have thought they'd have similar offer conditions too! :P

Hmm, I think that might be linked to the fact that Oxford only gives AAA A level offers (or is for 2011 entry/2012 deferred).
Reply 2439
Original post by pick92
Send UCAS on 12th October

Manchester: AAB
Birmingham: AAA
QMUL: AAA
Oxford: Rejection :frown:
UCL: Still waiting!

Got a rubbish LNAT score though, so I'm not holding out much hope for UCL. Is anyone else thinking of firming Queen Mary?

HI. Congrats for Queen Mary.
When did they give u an offer?
I'm still waiting for QM. If ever I'll get it, I will firm it.
Got Manchester as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending