Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by StefanieLouise
Well done! :biggrin: This is exactly the course I'm applying for but I haven't even had an acknowledgement yet. Can I ask when it was you applied?

Thank you! :biggrin: Well my application was sent on November 10th and I had an offer by the 19th, it was the first one I got. Still have one more uni I'm waiting on :frown: When did you apply?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 481
Original post by supernova92
:colondollar: i just meant that if i had realised you were from outside the UK then you would have different qualifications / sat them at a different time :smile:

ahhh okay :smile:
Reply 482
Original post by Ness55
Cool :smile: Where else did you apply ?

I've got an unconditional offer because I got in in the summer and deferred. I had to go through clearing because I changed my mind on what course I wanted to do. :colondollar::s-smilie:
Are you set on Kent? xx
Original post by ChasingSkittles
Hey! Thanx! :smile:

The interview day was really informal. I've heard that they differ greatly depending on when your interview is but for us we got into groups of about 12 and did some drama exercises such as mirroring a partner etc. Nothing too heavy. I think it was to see if we could work well with each other. Then we were given a writing task which was to review a recent theatre production that we had seen.

Try not to worry about it as they're really relaxed and easy going. It helps to ask a few questions and say things like "I really liked that exercise. Do you do stuff like that on the course?" etc to show interest. :smile:

Ah great, thank you! I was very concerned it would be really, really acty!
Anthropology :smile:
Hiya :smile: I have an unconditional for Comparative Literature & Philosophy and am going to the open day on the 23rd, anyone else?
Just firmed Kent for Law M100 starting in September :smile:
Original post by Yunna123
Go for it! The offer was ABB. :]

have you chosen kent? i have accepted my unconditional offer 2 days ago for eng and american lit!! I have ABC.
(edited 13 years ago)
Just got a reduced offer for law - ABB. Will probs use it as my insurance :smile:
Reply 489
Just firmed Kent for History of Art!
Applied for accommodation a few days ago too, I put down Darwin Houses as my first choice :rolleyes:
Just got a reduced offer for law - ABB. Will probs use it as my insurance

Did you have a different offer before then?
Original post by saaail
Just firmed Kent for History of Art!
Applied for accommodation a few days ago too, I put down Darwin Houses as my first choice :rolleyes:

what's your offer may I ask?:smile:
Reply 492
Original post by tillytots
what's your offer may I ask?:smile:

Just BB, which was a bit odd. Well, 300 points including BB! Have you had an interview yet?
Original post by lizzybobzehorse
Ah great, thank you! I was very concerned it would be really, really acty!

That's alright. :smile:

No, not at all! Really informal! :smile:
Original post by alfaromeo
I know. I think I'm going to have problems choosing the options. I like the sound of nearly all the modules. I'm looking at the halls at the moment. Think I might try for Park Wood flats. You?

Tell me about it! Everything sounds so interesting! Parkwood flats was my second choice after Tyler Court B & C. :smile:
Reply 495
I have just firmed Kent for Law! :biggrin:
Original post by Deema
Thank you! :biggrin: Well my application was sent on November 10th and I had an offer by the 19th, it was the first one I got. Still have one more uni I'm waiting on :frown: When did you apply?

I actually didn't apply until 13th January, and as I'm still yet to get any offers I'm getting a bit worried. :frown: Kent is my back-up first choice too, in the likely event that Edinburgh reject me.
Original post by StefanieLouise
I actually didn't apply until 13th January, and as I'm still yet to get any offers I'm getting a bit worried. :frown: Kent is my back-up first choice too, in the likely event that Edinburgh reject me.

I applied to Kent on the 26th of November and i didn't get a response until the 4th of January. As you've applied by the UCAS deadline i wouldn't worry at all, i'm sure they've just got a huge amount of applications to sift through!

Good Luck!!
Reply 498
I have a conditional offer to study English & American Literature and Creative Writing with an approved year abroad of ABB. Really hope I can get the grades; the uni looks so nice :smile:
Original post by besh_x
I have a conditional offer to study English & American Literature and Creative Writing with an approved year abroad of ABB. Really hope I can get the grades; the uni looks so nice :smile:

I have an offer for that course too! Tbh, I'm more excited about Scarlett Thomas teaching the contemporary novel than I am about Kent as a university lol
I don't know how to choose between Kent and Lancaster as insurances... :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending