The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2720
Original post by adam0311
Warwick:
-I think Warwick is a tad overrated on this forum. This is not to say its bad. But I think its way over-hyped (there are others on here that are over-hyped but to avoid negs, I'll refrain from disclosing) .
-Don't forget that Warwick is still a relatively new uni.
-Its also in Leamington Spa. At least with Durham you have Newcastle 15 minutes away. (Some people don't want to be near big cities)
-Warwick is pretty low on the RAE in comparison to similar caliber unis (Durham is 4th on the RAE btw).
-The graduate employment rate for Durham is 10% higher. 30% of Warwick law grads go into general administrative positions/sales assistants within 6 months of graduation. In comparison only 5% of Durham law grads go sales assistants, and <5% go into general administrative positions. (I always think this is a funny point... because even if the rate was 99% there's always someone (and it could be you, I'm not saying it will be:tongue:) who isn't lucky in this regard)
-Durham has a higher satisfaction rate for law (take this fwiw)
-Durham has 500 UCAS points vs. Warwick's 465
-40% of the course at Warwick is int'l (Durham's is 25%). The problem with this? Almost half your alumni network isn't in the UK. (On the other hand this could be advantageous if you want to work outside of the UK)

I'm not going to neg you at all :smile: because at the end of the day it's down to personal opinion.

I think everyone should stop saying this Uni is better than that one and so on because one day we're all gonna be out there trying to network with each other :smile: We should all be friendssssssssssss! Everyone should stop telling people why the Uni they chose to apply to is not as good as x, y and z. People choose Unis for different reasons and we should all just congratulate each other on getting into Unis and offer support and so on.
Reply 2721
Original post by Potiron
Well that is quite exciting. What do you think of Cardiff and are you going to firm it?

And I just realised yesterday that I'm meant to be playing in a concert in Brighton the same evening I'll be coming back from Wales, it's going to be tight.

nah, it is going to be my second choice and hopefully kcl will give me an offer lol, but if not my firm will be southampton. :smile:
Reply 2722
Original post by stafford1992
I was rejected on the basis of my LNAT score,
22/42, admittedly not brilliant,
but AAAA at AS,
and predicted A*A*A at A2, so yea, they're pretty tough

that sucks :/ i think anything above 20 is great.
Reply 2723
Original post by danielsmith
Anyone have an interview at York this coming Tuesday?

:frown:I wish.
Reply 2724
Original post by Oh Dangg
2 offers came through this morning:

QMUL - 36pts (HL 666)
Warwick - 38pts

Still waiting on LSE, King's and Nottingham :s-smilie:

What has QMUL got against IB ?
I think 6/6/6 & 36 is a bit much !
UCL rejection :frown:
Original post by rockydog
nah, it is going to be my second choice and hopefully kcl will give me an offer lol, but if not my firm will be southampton. :smile:

Have you been? What do you think of it in general?

Good luck with KCL.

I don't like the slow but steady trickle of Warwick offers on here, it is nerve wracking.
Just a general question. please quote me. :smile:

Which is better, I believe Cambridge just do Law but its BsA, which do you think is better - Bsa at Cambridge or LLB at another uni? (obviously another very good uni)
Original post by Bubbles *

Sorry to hear that. Was that today?
And your LNAT?
Reply 2729

just now? sorry about that ):
Reply 2730
Offer from King's for Law with French Law! :biggrin:
Original post by Varethika
Sorry to hear that. Was that today?
And your LNAT?

i know :frown: it was my fav choice too!
i got 10 in my lnat but they didnt reject me bcause of that,, it was because of the tough competition and other applicants were stronger so im guessing it may have been my gcses because i only got one A*,, im gutted
Original post by loxemori
just now? sorry about that ):

yes just now :frown: thank you
i know :frown: it was my fav choice too!
i got 10 in my lnat but they didnt reject me bcause of that,, it was because of the tough competition and other applicants were stronger so im guessing it may have been my gcses because i only got one A*,, im gutted

Competition is extremely tough this year for home students. You have other offers so cheer up!
Original post by anoif_
Offer from King's for Law with French Law! :biggrin:

hey congrats on the offer!!!! i have applied for Law with German Law and haven't heard yet!
do you mind telling me what grades/ LNAT you got? trying to assess if i still have a chance as my LNAT was terrible! also when did you send your application and what is the first letter of your surname?? wondering if i'll hear anytime soon!
but the courses for Law and French/German Law are amazing at King's i found it really hard to decide which one i wanted to do.... sooo well done!!!
Original post by danielsmith
Anyone have an interview at York this coming Tuesday?

Yes I have one :smile:
Reply 2736
Original post by natalia93
hey congrats on the offer!!!! i have applied for Law with German Law and haven't heard yet!
do you mind telling me what grades/ LNAT you got? trying to assess if i still have a chance as my LNAT was terrible! also when did you send your application and what is the first letter of your surname?? wondering if i'll hear anytime soon!
but the courses for Law and French/German Law are amazing at King's i found it really hard to decide which one i wanted to do.... sooo well done!!!

Thank you! :smile:
I got 11 A*s at GCSE, AAAB at AS (As in English Combined, Economics and Politics and the B in French). I'm predicted A*A*A*AA (same order as above + General Studies)
My LNAT was 26 and the first letter of my surname is B :smile:

The course does look absolutely amazing! Got my fingers crossed for you :smile: Where else have you applied?
Original post by Varethika
Competition is extremely tough this year for home students. You have other offers so cheer up!

hmm i guess, im waiting for warwick now eeek!
i really wanted to be in london though! never mind! :smile:
Original post by anoif_
Thank you! :smile:
I got 11 A*s at GCSE, AAAB at AS (As in English Combined, Economics and Politics and the B in French). I'm predicted A*A*A*AA (same order as above + General Studies)
My LNAT was 26 and the first letter of my surname is B :smile:

The course does look absolutely amazing! Got my fingers crossed for you :smile: Where else have you applied?

thankyou! yes you get to go to study at the sorbonne on the french course don't you!?

I only have an offer from Sheffield AA so far ( hopeful insurance) , rejected from cambridge and waiting to hear from Nottingham, Warwick and King's which is driving me crazy ... wish they would just put me out of my misery!!

how about you?
Reply 2739
Original post by natalia93
thankyou! yes you get to go to study at the sorbonne on the french course don't you!?

I only have an offer from Sheffield AA so far ( hopeful insurance) , rejected from cambridge and waiting to hear from Nottingham, Warwick and King's which is driving me crazy ... wish they would just put me out of my misery!!

how about you?

Yeah, the Sorbonne looks absolutely amazing! Sheffield will be my insurance too! :smile:
I've got offers from Oxford (which will be my firm) and UCL for straight Law, then Warwick for Law w/ French Law and Sheffield for Law with French.

Good luck with everything! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending