The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nicoll
Congratulations, what college have they offered and for what subject?

Not sure which college yet - AES still says not received by a college and UCAS doesn't say but it gave me the offer :smile: I applied to University (not only because it's a castle although that was quite a big reason!) so bit of a long shot but I don't care!

Physics masters, yourself (ditto same questions)? :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by KMCA.x
Got my college a few days ago- are much of you going to Van Mildert (for law)? :smile:

I have an offer for Law at VM to, was it your top choice college? I applied to Hatfield so haven't seen it yet... won't be able to make the open day either sadly :frown: Is Durham your top choice? x
Reply 4102
Original post by allbritishgirl
still waiting...
Any other natsci hopefuls out there fed up too?

oh my god, yes :frown:
Is anyone still waiting for Anthropology and sociology??? Can't take the waiting.......
Reply 4104
Original post by pianofluteftw
Not sure which college yet - AES still says not received by a college and UCAS doesn't say but it gave me the offer :smile: I applied to University (not only because it's a castle although that was quite a big reason!) so bit of a long shot but I don't care!

Physics masters, yourself (ditto same questions)? :smile:

Unfortunately its all silent on the Western Front, a subtle attempt at implying im a historian. In response to your 'long shot' at University College, think about it this way, somebody has to go there so you are as good a candidate as any other. I've seen a lot of the college and University, particularly the bit inside the castle, is rather impressive but where ever you go you will forge friendships that will last your lifetime so don't be disappointed with where ever you happen to end up.
Original post by nicoll
Unfortunately its all silent on the Western Front, a subtle attempt at implying im a historian. In response to your 'long shot' at University College, think about it this way, somebody has to go there so you are as good a candidate as any other. I've seen a lot of the college and University, particularly the bit inside the castle, is rather impressive but where ever you go you will forge friendships that will last your lifetime so don't be disappointed with where ever you happen to end up.

I'd sort of guessed it was probably history from your sig but had to check!
Well I put it down as in fact it was because they have loads of musical facilities so it would be good for me :smile: It's so popular I don't really expect it, but when I applied I didn't really care where I went as long as it was Durham! :smile:
Ah I love the fact I have my offer from UCAS track, and the AES still says a decision has not yet been made (despite obviously being updated).
Do not trust the AES. It lies :ninja: :colone:
Nothig so far, NOTHING! :frown:
Original post by KMCA.x
Got my college a few days ago- are much of you going to Van Mildert (for law)? :smile:

I am (: I only found out today! Which open day are you going to?
Reply 4109
I got an offer last week! Ba Geography- AAA
Still waiting on college :smile: Too excited!!!
Original post by Ultimate1
Nothing so far, NOTHING! :frown:

*sob* me too... I don't know whether to take it as a good sign or not. Any mathmos out there got one who aren't on gap years??
Original post by Itareldie
*sob* me too... I don't know whether to take it as a good sign or not. Any mathmos out there got one who aren't on gap years??

Yep.. not on a gap year, have an offer for G103.

Ah this gives me some hope. Surely you will recieve an offer and I haven't either so this is a very good sign! If you don't mind me asking what were your module socres? Your GCSE's are AWESOME BTW.
Durham you really let me down ;__________;

UCl is my second choice and I have to decide tonight whether to attend an interview next Wednesday, which will be tough for me as I live in the middle of nowhere in N.I.
So if Durham could just give me an offer or even a rejection I'd know whether to go for it or not.
Original post by Schnecke
Yep.. not on a gap year, have an offer for G103.

When did you get yours? I applied in October and still haven't heard anything... I hate waiting! Presumably you are super-awesome though, since you got an offer from Cambridge...

Original post by Ultimate1
Ah this gives me some hope. Surely you will recieve an offer and I haven't either so this is a very good sign! If you don't mind me asking what were your module socres? Your GCSE's are AWESOME BTW.

Thanks, but you've asked me this already! :tongue: Read back the thread!
When did you get yours? I applied in October and still haven't heard anything... I hate waiting! Presumably you are super-awesome though, since you got an offer from Cambridge...

Erm January time, came back about a week after they asked for module scores.. Durham are blatant UMS whores.

GL, hope they get back to you soon :smile:

Thanks, but you've asked me this already! :tongue: Read back the thread!

oooopsss, sorry. :colondollar:

I have a bit of a knack to ask anyone applying to Durham to ask them what their marks were, you know I just get anxious. lol.
How long after getting the email about 'your allocated college will contact you shortly' did you have to wait? :smile:
(only got the offer yesterday but already impatient!) :smile:
Reply 4118
Original post by pianofluteftw
How long after getting the email about 'your allocated college will contact you shortly' did you have to wait? :smile:
(only got the offer yesterday but already impatient!) :smile:

Mine was about 6 weeks, but that was over Christmas so I should think yours will be a lot quicker! Normal people seem to have heard back within 2. :wink:
Original post by sanksta
Mine was about 6 weeks, but that was over Christmas so I should think yours will be a lot quicker! Normal people seem to have heard back within 2. :wink:

Ah wow! I can't swear to being normal in the broader sense of the term, although I know what you mean in this case :wink:
Thank you! :smile:

Latest