The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well I'm convinced that I'll put Edinburgh for my firm, but I know that newcastle is a fantastic law school as well, it's just that I'd have to pay the tuition fees if I came down to England. I also love Edinburgh as a city and when I went to the university open day I just knew that I would love to study there. What about you where are you planning to study?

Yeah, Edinburgh is amazing - good choice! I'm from Newcastle but didn't apply to the uni as I really want to move away. I'm still waiting on a couple of decisions but so far it looks like QMUL :smile:
Original post by Lacrimosa
Yeah, Edinburgh is amazing - good choice! I'm from Newcastle but didn't apply to the uni as I really want to move away. I'm still waiting on a couple of decisions but so far it looks like QMUL :smile:

Yeah if i was living in a city I probably would steer clear of the university, it's better to be further from home for uni so you get the whole uni experience I think. QMUL sounds like an excellent choice! :biggrin: I hope you have a fantastic time studying there! :grin:
Reply 3422
Original post by MartinSquirtle
My Queen Mary offer came through at the beginning of February.

I have an offer (AA) from QMUL too. It came on 6 December.
Reply 3423
Course: Law with French Law
University: UCL
Offer: Conditional AAA
Reply 3424
Original post by viola146

Congratulations! Did it just come through?
I just thought that I would alert my fellow future lawyers that it is in fact my 18th birthday :biggrin:!
Reply 3426
Original post by LondonTownGirl
i'm waiting too. nervous now though. Good luck :smile:
when did you send your application off?

Sorry for the late reply. I only received the acknowledgement early January as I had sent it out late December :/
Original post by qu1ksilver
i haven't seen many offers from Queen Mary or Ucl just rejections from Ucl.

There was a load of QM offers way back in November/December time..they seemed to have given out a lot before the Jan deadline. However, there will still be more to come as their last post offer open day is in early March and they give offers about a week before an open day so there should be some coming soon I guess.
Reply 3428
Original post by viola146

Congratulations!

See you there next year?! :smile:
Original post by Cast.Iron
I just thought that I would alert my fellow future lawyers that it is in fact my 18th birthday :biggrin:!

Celebrate by firming Cambridge..? :colone:
Original post by Nat17
Is it your Firm choice?

Ye it was unconditional so I firmed it. It was my first choice so it all worked out well.
Reply 3431
Original post by Cast.Iron

Original post by bramz19
Celebrate by firming Cambridge..? :colone:

Indeed, I think firming on your birthday will be quite memorable.

I firmed UCL on mine, :smile:
Rejection from KCL came through this week :frown:

Still waiting to hear from Warwick...not so confident now after the recent rejection lol
Reply 3433
Original post by sianmorland
Rejection from KCL came through this week :frown:

Still waiting to hear from Warwick...not so confident now after the recent rejection lol

Rejection from UCL came through yesterday for me. Losing my confidence in KCL and LSE. Good luck! The offers would come in.
do people think there there will be alot of offers/rejections soon at the moment it seems quite like the odd offer or rejection.
Original post by yilyn
Rejection from UCL came through yesterday for me. Losing my confidence in KCL and LSE. Good luck! The offers would come in.

Hey I got rejected from UCL and got an offer from LSE so dont rule out LSE.
Also if UCL rejection is based on LNAT(as mine was), KCL are much more lenient apparently so I wouldnt lose hope!! :smile:
Reply 3436
Original post by MartinSquirtle
Ye it was unconditional so I firmed it. It was my first choice so it all worked out well.

Thats cool beans. I've made it my firm choice now. I was initially disappointed after being rejected from LSE, UCL and KCL but feeling a lot more positive about the situation now.
Reply 3437
Still waiting on Nottingham!

Doesn't look good.

anyone else
Is it true that the law school of Nottingham is much better than that of Warwick? In terms of career prospects.
Original post by Nat17
Thats cool beans. I've made it my firm choice now. I was initially disappointed after being rejected from LSE, UCL and KCL but feeling a lot more positive about the situation now.

You should be proud! University places are extremely competitive this year. Ill see you next year then.

Latest

Trending

Trending