The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phil1541
I'm wondering this aswell as my AS results arn't the best but I really put the work in for these january modules + a ton of retakes so hopefully I will have brought them up to a better standard.
Suprised they have not rejected me yet... doubt I will survive this week though :tongue:

Do you reckon its worth mentioning olympiad scores and UMS marks if you were rejected as a reason to possbly reconsider? One of my friends was rejected for biology yet his UMS were stupidly high and he had a silver award in the bio olympiad, yet they wouldn't have known his UMS and the olympiad was done this year.

To be honest if they've kept you waiting this long it's almost definitely not about grades any more - everyone's predicted AAA+ so it's probably more about your personal statement, etc.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Phil1541
I'm wondering this aswell as my AS results arn't the best but I really put the work in for these january modules + a ton of retakes so hopefully I will have brought them up to a better standard.
Suprised they have not rejected me yet... doubt I will survive this week though :tongue:

Do you reckon its worth mentioning olympiad scores and UMS marks if you were rejected as a reason to possbly reconsider? One of my friends was rejected for biology yet his UMS were stupidly high and he had a silver award in the bio olympiad, yet they wouldn't have known his UMS and the olympiad was done this year.

What are your UMS marks if you don't mind me asking? Mine are:
C1:100
C2:100
M1:93
S1:90
FP1:89
M2:89

I think if you email your jan marks and you did good and your AS weren't great then they probably would reconsider you if they were to reject you.
Original post by angelmxxx
To be honest if they've kept you waiting this long it's almost definitely not about grades any more - everyone's predicted AAA+ so it's probably more about your personal statement, etc.

I wasn't :tongue:
Original post by Seentje
I wasn't :tongue:

Sorry I was talking about natsci!

I'd disagree. With Maths especially Durham care a lot about UMS, and so if you do very well in your January modules then there's no harm in letting them know, it won't damage your chances but it may well get you an offer.
Sorry I was talking about natsci!

Just joking with you :wink:
Original post by Schnecke
I'd disagree. With Maths especially Durham care a lot about UMS, and so if you do very well in your January modules then there's no harm in letting them know, it won't damage your chances but it may well get you an offer.

They do, but I'm not sure they could use information which not all candidates have provided. :s-smilie:

If they liked the person but weren't sure their grades were good enough, they'd be more likely to give them a high offer - if they meet it, then they are good enough, if not, then they don't get in.
Reply 4247
sleepover at grey!?
Original post by Ultimate1
What are your UMS marks if you don't mind me asking? Mine are:
C1:100
C2:100
M1:93
S1:90
FP1:89
M2:89

I think if you email your jan marks and you did good and your AS weren't great then they probably would reconsider you if they were to reject you.

I'm applying for Physics and i got ABBBB at AS..... ( A for maths) predicted AAAB but hoping for A*AAB or maybe A*AAA

My maths UMS were

C1 - 84 -retook hoping for 100
C2- 89
S1 -97 (couldn't take mechanics due to time table issues so self studied so wouldn't struggle at uni, have mentioned in PS)

Didn't take further but hugely regret it now :frown: hoping for high UMS in my C3/Phys unit 4 and bio unit 4 though as the exams went really well.

I take it you've applied for maths?
Reply 4249
Offer for English Literature; applied for Josephine Butler.
Original post by Mirza01
Offer for English Literature; applied for Josephine Butler.

congratulations :clap2:
Reply 4251
Original post by Seentje
congratulations :clap2:

Which college did you apply to/what for?
Original post by Seentje
Anthropology BA. I left the college for them to decide, I didn't know which one to pick :excited:

this ^^
Reply 4253
Original post by Seentje
this ^^

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 4254
Original post by choly7
Could anyone tell me what St. Aiden's is like please? I never hear anyone talking about it?
Off to the open evening in March. :smile:

Me too :smile: Which night are you going? And what subject have you applied for?
Where else have you got offers from?

Cambridge, Lancaster, Bath and Bristol. All the three year course.

How about you?
Original post by SashaBelleJ
Cambridge, Lancaster, Bath and Bristol. All the three year course.

How about you?

Cambridge? Bristol? Bath? Lancaster? They're all awesome offers! Well done! :awesome: I've got offers from UCL, Bath and Warwick (For MORSE) and just waiting on Durham. If you don't mind me asking, what were your UMS scores?
Cambridge? Bristol? Bath? Lancaster? They're all awesome offers! Well done! :awesome: I've got offers from UCL, Bath and Warwick (For MORSE) and just waiting on Durham. If you don't mind me asking, what were your UMS scores?

Oo, the MORSE course looked really good.

Urm, C1 - 99, C2 - 91, S1 - 91, S2 - 89, M1 - 85, FP1 - 100.

That M1 exam, I swear the only exam I've ever left feeling like I could have failed. Not sure how I managed to still get an A!
Original post by SashaBelleJ
Oo, the MORSE course looked really good.

Urm, C1 - 99, C2 - 91, S1 - 91, S2 - 89, M1 - 85, FP1 - 100.

That M1 exam, I swear the only exam I've ever left feeling like I could have failed. Not sure how I managed to still get an A!

Awesome module scores! You should definately get an offer!!! Good Luck!
Awesome module scores! You should definately get an offer!!! Good Luck!

That's not how it often works out though. I'd like to have Durham as my insurance, but I know several people with Oxbridge offers, and Durham rejections... Not for maths, but still.

Latest