The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
Original post by Krillin
Congrats Guys.

Got an offer from Warwick today too! AAAc or AAAD.

But don't really want to end up there, would be my third choice should I get an offer from KCL.

Congrats! What is your LNAT score? Hopefully we will all hear from KCL soon.
Original post by Krillin
Congrats Guys.

Got an offer from Warwick today too! AAAc or AAAD.

But don't really want to end up there, would be my third choice should I get an offer from KCL.

congrats ! do you mind telling me your gcses, AS's & predictions?
Reply 3582
Original post by lfcwatcher
just been rejected from UCL, i wish they had told me sooner!

Sorry to hear that. What was your LNAT score?
Reply 3583
Original post by xsexygyalx
congrats ! do you mind telling me your gcses, AS's & predictions?

Thanks! It's in my sig.
Reply 3584
Original post by Krillin
Thanks! It's in my sig.

hey when did you send off your application? :smile:
Reply 3585
Original post by rdude
hey when did you send off your application? :smile:

Before the Oxbridge deadline, maybe 14th October.
Just received an offer from Warwick, making 5/5 :smile:
Original post by micky022
Just received an offer from Warwick, making 5/5 :smile:

congrats 5/5! :smile: do you mind telling me your gcses, AS's & predictions please?
Reply 3588
Ahh is everyone receiving Warwick offers right now!? Congrats to those who got them.. fearing a rejection is coming soon.
Reply 3589
Is there anybody else still waiting on Nottingham?
Reply 3590
Original post by Tericon

Original post by Tericon
Is there anybody else still waiting on Nottingham?

I am - they're certainly taking their sweet time
Original post by DM17
Ahh is everyone receiving Warwick offers right now!? Congrats to those who got them.. fearing a rejection is coming soon.

Same :sad:

At least the end is nigh.
Original post by Vinchenko
Yeah I thought the real test was actually much harder, I was mid thirties in the practices...definitely preferred cambridge law test, which one did you do? I had to do comprehension version, comparing to different judgements on the same case (appeals court and house of lords). Ah ok, I live in a medium-sized town called Tunbridge Wells, about an hour south of london by train, so bit bigger than I'm used to I guess. Cycling will be fun, but it looks kinda challenging, drivers don't like cyclists much and the roads are very narrow! It's about 2 1/2 hours for me to get home from Cambridge, so I guess I won't be during term time, but I'm sure I'll go to London a bit to see friends/family. Yep! If it's reassuring at all, 20/21 offers for law at Cam get people to go, and that includes the few each year who decline, so it's only a very tiny chance you won't make your results if they've picked you, they do tend to be quite lenient with offer conditions too, with the summer pool and if you've just missed out...still, I'm VERY worried about it! Find out next week actually, I think they went pretty well, but just have to wait and see I suppose. All summer exams...that must be tricky! All-boys school, they decided we couldn't be trusted to revise for all of the syllabus at once :tongue:
xx

Hey
I know it was sooo much harder!! Well my CLT was essay based I had to compare two different cases and state why they were different and justify that, I quite enjoyed the exam, yours sounds completely different though. How did you find it?

Tunbridge Wells is lovely, Ive been once but dont actually remember why :confused:
Ohhh thats nice to hear, well then at least I know they had some faith in me. Im sure you did absolutely fine, haha yes i do go to an all girls school and they pretty much never push us, they just assume we are motivated enough to do our own work....which is sadly not the case up until exams :tongue:
Are you on the Law Applicants page on facebook, there are a few Cambridge lawyers on there, if you want private message me your name and i can add you :smile:
Reply 3593
Ahhh it's drivin me insane!!
Ive got an offer from Keele, and an offer (and scholarship) from Lancaster and a decline from Nottingham.

IM STILL WAITING ON BRISTOL AND WARWICK (with warwick being the one i really want to go).

I got 3A*s, 9 A's and 2 B's at GCSE. Then 3 AS levels and 2C's. Any ideas guys?
Xx
Reply 3594
Original post by pp93
I am - they're certainly taking their sweet time

It says in my acknowledgement email that we should hear from them by 'February 2011 at the latest' ...... :rolleyes:
Anymore reading lawyers?
Still waiting for a reply for QM, after i applied two months ago. Any one in the same boat? more to the point anyone got a rejection from QM yet?
Original post by anoushka1
Hey
I know it was sooo much harder!! Well my CLT was essay based I had to compare two different cases and state why they were different and justify that, I quite enjoyed the exam, yours sounds completely different though. How did you find it?

Tunbridge Wells is lovely, Ive been once but dont actually remember why :confused:
Ohhh thats nice to hear, well then at least I know they had some faith in me. Im sure you did absolutely fine, haha yes i do go to an all girls school and they pretty much never push us, they just assume we are motivated enough to do our own work....which is sadly not the case up until exams :tongue:
Are you on the Law Applicants page on facebook, there are a few Cambridge lawyers on there, if you want private message me your name and i can add you :smile:

Ah ok yeah there are 3 types of CLT exams, irritatingly, my college wouldn't tell me which they were using until I got there! Mine was...ok, I wish I'd had longer to do it in though, I think I wrote some pretty decent arguments overall, may have gotten a little carried away once or twice though!

Haha! I do like the place, it is nice and near london too. Hehe most of my teachers understand we need some pushing to actually get down to the work :tongue: I'm not on the law applicants group, so I'll send you my name in a minute...btw I got rejected from UCL this afternoon!! Got my track email whilst in the dentist's chair, too, so not a fantastic afternoon :tongue:
Reply 3598

Hey

huge congrats! do u mind telling me ur gcse's alevel predictions etc? that is something to b very proud of :smile:
Reply 3599
I've noticed that some people have got offers for Nottingham with the conditions AAB, when they're standard offer is AAA. Anyone who has been given the lower offer, did they say why your offer was reduced?

Latest

Trending

Trending