The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryan118244
Haha yea we should!

Looks like I drew the short straw!!

lol well it depends how good the cakes are, the rest of us might have drawn the short straws if they aren't good haha!
Hey guys - just to let you know I got an offer for st. andrews back in December and my interview was the worst ever. I didn't know what evidence based medicine was or that they did a dissertation, bombed the interpretation as well. Somehow they let me in! So there's definitely hope for everyone haha :P Quite fancy st. andrews - was a lovely wee town when I went up!! Good luck to everybody :biggrin:
Original post by georgie91
lol yeah st andrews is a pretty small place really! and a bit of walking won't do any harm! i reckon if all goes well, those of us who get offers should arrange to meet up when we move there....and u could bake us some of those cakes as a welcome haha!

I think its a good idea :smile: I was thinking about suggesting that too, you beat me too it :P
Original post by KCosmo
Anyone on here have an interview today? I know a girl from my school that did, though I've not had a chance to speak to her yet

I'ma day la, but I had one yesterday :biggrin: It was weird, they we're really friendly but I can't decide if that was a good thing or not. And, if it wasn't already worrying enough, during my interview they told us a fire alarm would go off because they were testing it :s-smilie: surely they could've picked another day, but at least it gave me longer to think of my answer :smile:

Have you had an interview? Oh and did anyone get asked why St. Andrews or why medicine? I didn't and that nearly threw me, the shock of not having to answer it :tongue:
Original post by Quackers93
I think its a good idea :smile: I was thinking about suggesting that too, you beat me too it :P

great minds think alike lol! i'm just praying now that I actually get an offer!!! Do you have an offer yet?
great minds think alike lol! i'm just praying now that I actually get an offer!!! Do you have an offer yet?

No, just had my interview yesterday but hopefully I'll get an offer, would love to get an offer :smile: have you got one?
Reply 1226
lol well it depends how good the cakes are, the rest of us might have drawn the short straws if they aren't good haha!

Haha they were for charity ... Ya know I just like to save the world one place at a time :tongue:
Tbh my mum seriously helped me haha

I'ma day la, but I had one yesterday :biggrin: It was weird, they we're really friendly but I can't decide if that was a good thing or not. And, if it wasn't already worrying enough, during my interview they told us a fire alarm would go off because they were testing it :s-smilie: surely they could've picked another day, but at least it gave me longer to think of my answer :smile:

Have you had an interview? Oh and did anyone get asked why St. Andrews or why medicine? I didn't and that nearly threw me, the shock of not having to answer it :tongue:

Yea I got asked why Medicine but they cur me off half way through :/
I don't think it matters, everyone gets asked different questions.
Original post by areyousure?
I am leaving to Edinburgh on Sunday, interview on Wednesday!!! :biggrin:

Ohhhh snap Areyousure? When is yours, have a feeling I asked you this a month ago.... (PM me if you want and we can discuss the pressure we are under :smile: )

P.S Is it wrong I am worried there won't be any places left when we get interviewed... I wonder how much our disadvantage is being so late on?
No, just had my interview yesterday but hopefully I'll get an offer, would love to get an offer :smile: have you got one?

nope i don't, had an interview on the 9th february, how do u feel your interview went?

Haha they were for charity ... Ya know I just like to save the world one place at a time :tongue:
Tbh my mum seriously helped me haha

Yea I got asked why Medicine but they cur me off half way through :/
I don't think it matters, everyone gets asked different questions.

lol well i'm sure people won't mind u bringing your mum along if they are going to receive life-saving cakes!!!
Reply 1229

Yeah mines was really friendly aswell! They specifically told me that they weren't going to ask me why I wanted to do medicine, that they knew I wanted to do medicine already! They went straight onto course structure and why st andrews etc.

I've only had one interview at st andrews, not heard back from aberdeen, and rejected from glasgow and dundee.....damn ukcat :tongue: Again I shall reiterate my promise of running round my street naked if I get an offer! I really don't want to take a gap year, especially as I will have to cram the Fcuk out of advanced higher chemistry if I do :tongue: This month shall be the longest of my life no doubt! :biggrin:

EDIT: p.s. quite drunk while writing this, so I apologise if this doesn't make much sense! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
I just got a phonecall today asking if I could attend an interview on Wednesday. I was like YESSS I CAN!
Reply 1231
Hey guys! Notice the power of will: I shall not ask about his ukcat score!:proud:
I live down south, we got like one day of snow :frown:
Scotland got like 2 weeks!! Another reason for St Andrews haha

Ahh way to make me jealous!!! I want fairytale snow and to finish at 1.30!!!

Maybe we can create a rehab group?

ahh okay, i'll let you off :tongue: for some reason i thought you lived quite northernly!
Reply 1233
Hey i'm a new member here!

Have an interview for st andrews this week:/ starting to get so nervous!

Just wondering is there any websites that have good info on the course stucture etc other than the st Andrews website of course!

Also without going into the specifics of the interview to be fair to all, should I study some science or what are the main areas that come up during the interview??

Interview this wednesday, finishing my mock's or pre's on tuesday after a week and a half full of exams stressed isn't the word, getting a flight a half 6 wed morning;(

Any advice would be so helpful??!!

Edinburgh Rejected
St Andrews Interview
Glasgow Interview
Southhampton Rejected
UKCAT 660
Reply 1234
Original post by atomos
ahh okay, i'll let you off :tongue: for some reason i thought you lived quite northernly!

Nope. What made you think that?
Reply 1235
Original post by Anterior view
Lol Do you want me to ask him????:biggrin:

Temptation temptation...

Well, i guess if you are interested as well... :rolleyes: I'm not gonna stand in the way of your curiosity! That would be just cruel :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1236
Yer not being very helpful any advice????
Reply 1237
Original post by josephpk

Read the St andrews website... we can't really tell you what to read and what not to read because
1. it seems they have different articles for every day
2. it depends on what you bring up in your interview
3. if we tell you what you are not going to be asked you would get an unfair advantage compared to all of us

just know everything that is written on their website and... smile :smile:
Original post by josephpk

Yer, why don't you calm down :colonhash: People aren't obliged to answer your questions. Especially when your questions have been answered before.

About the course thing, just read the prospectus and the website. That's pretty much it to be honest. I mean, where else were you planning to look for 'course information'? :lolwut:

This is mentioned on the website, but I'll mention it again. The interview is divided into 3 parts: the course, your personal statement, and the 'science' article. Study things that interest you, since there's no point second-guessing what topic the article is about.
Reply 1239
Why don't I calm down are you serious , I asked a simple question......I'm not from the UK so this isn't plain obvious to me like. I don't need to know a thing about the course to apply to colleges in my country so it's quite confusing.
Thanks for your help however

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending