The Student Room Group

Need some help!

I have a French speaking exam on 16th of Nov. and I have to learn 10 questions and answers which are like 3/4 lines long. I have only learnt 3 Q&A. I'm having trouble. What are the best to learn French questions quickly and effectively. I have it written down and I think I have it recorded somewhere. I'm really freaking out here.
need help for maths
i have a question so plz can some one help me
for each triangle ABC, find the right angled, state the hypotenuse, find the area and find tan A
The points are A (13, -4) B(7,4) C (3,1)
plz help..
Reply 2
I learn my texts usually by just learning the plan (ie for the most recent one "they talk about smoking, then alcool, then..." ) and then recreating the text. This means you actually have to understand the text and all the grammatical structures well enough to be able to recreate it in your head, but I found this way I could learn a 5 minutes ish text within 10-15 minutes.
Original post by Anum Liaquet
need help for maths
i have a question so plz can some one help me
for each triangle ABC, find the right angled, state the hypotenuse, find the area and find tan A
The points are A (13, -4) B(7,4) C (3,1)
plz help..

Hi - I'm afraid you're in the wrong forum. This is Foreign Languages, so try posting it in the Maths forum.

However, I've just had a go at your problem: I'm no mathematician, but I can suggest that you may want to draw triangle ABC out on a sheet of graph paper. This should make spotting the hypotenuse pretty easy! From there, the key seems to be to construct additional right-angled triangles between sides BC and BA in order to work out the length of these sides using Pythagoras' Theorem. This will let you use Pythagoras to calculate the length of the hypotenuse. The area formula is (opposite x adjacent) / 2.

From there, remember SOHCAHTOA, so tan (A) = opposite / adjacent. If you need to calculate A in degrees, just do tan-1 (tan [A]).

Hope this helps!
thank u soo much it helps alot and one more thing how can i go to a maths forum as i m new in TSR./
Reply 5
Original post by Anum Liaquet
thank u soo much it helps alot and one more thing how can i go to a maths forum as i m new in TSR./

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38
Reply 6
Hey, I'm starting to become desperate. My french speaking is tomorrow and I need to learn 7 more questions. Any one got more tips please.
Reply 7
Hello! No one has yet to help me on this question!
Sup.
Reply 9
Original post by TheRealDarthVader
Sup.

Oh come on man, how is this relevent to my question?
Original post by Sykez
Oh come on man, how is this relevent to my question?

Not much brah, you?
Reply 11
Make sure you understand everything you're saying; don't just rote-learn something you don't understand. Ideally you should just be able to think up relevant answers in the exam, rather than exactly learning some sentences.
To remember them though, repeat and repeat the questions, record them, and listen to them as much as you can.:smile:

Then go back in time and do your exam in November.:awesome:
Reply 12
Original post by Dusty12
Make sure you understand everything you're saying; don't just rote-learn something you don't understand. Ideally you should just be able to think up relevant answers in the exam, rather than exactly learning some sentences.
To remember them though, repeat and repeat the questions, record them, and listen to them as much as you can.:smile:

Then go back in time and do your exam in November.:awesome:

Hehe, I got another speaking exam coming soon and I flopped my last one.
Reply 13
Original post by Sykez
Hehe, I got another speaking exam coming soon and I flopped my last one.

Ah, I see.:tongue:

Yeah, I think instead of just trying to blindly memorise, it's better if you really understand the questions.
Write out the answers, using your own words and ideas rather than something the teacher has said. You'll remember it better like that. Then look at the sentences, making sure you know what they mean. It's almost impossible to remember something you don't properly understand 'cos it's just like gibberish.
Practice saying them, and look up any words online if you're unsure of the pronunciation. Think of alternate things to say, should you forget the answer you've prepared.

If there's an 'unprepared question' type thing, try to figure out what kind of things they could ask.

Don't panic anyway, it's not too difficult if you go about it the right way.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending