The Student Room Group

Need Help - 18 year old needing help to fund more pre-uni education

Hi everyone,
I will soon be 19, and need some help on finding some way to help fund a retake of an A-Level I did.

My previous A-Level sixth form/college (I attended from 16-18) do not wish to take on "Mature Students" so that is not an option anymore, won't even let me access their previous online portal to use the resources.

I've since decided to get online tutoring lessons to be able to facilitate a retake of said subject, but need some help in finding some way to gain bursaries, funding etc.

I've looked at the 16-19 fund, but seems I need to be in an actual physical school of some sort (which I am not), so was wondering how to go about this.

I really do not want to take out a loan, as I worry it ends up snowballing - but would consider if it gets to that.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by dcb3
Hi everyone,
I will soon be 19, and need some help on finding some way to help fund a retake of an A-Level I did.

My previous A-Level sixth form/college (I attended from 16-18) do not wish to take on "Mature Students" so that is not an option anymore, won't even let me access their previous online portal to use the resources.

I've since decided to get online tutoring lessons to be able to facilitate a retake of said subject, but need some help in finding some way to gain bursaries, funding etc.

I've looked at the 16-19 fund, but seems I need to be in an actual physical school of some sort (which I am not), so was wondering how to go about this.

I really do not want to take out a loan, as I worry it ends up snowballing - but would consider if it gets to that.

Thanks

Why not get a job? That's what most people do.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Why not get a job? That's what most people do.

I have one. I still need some form of money to bridge the gap. Hence why I made the post about bursaries & similar concepts.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by dcb3
I have one. I still need some form of money to bridge the gap. Hence why I made the post about bursaries & similar concepts.

Sorry there's no funding for this - most people self-study. You could do an Access course if you are 19.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending