Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4400
Original post by pianofluteftw
Anyone going to the open day on 22nd for either St Aiden's or Physics? :smile:

Will be around the physics bit but I am nat sci not straight physics!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Rejection from durham, knew it was coming was just a matter of time :frown:

Ah well I have bristol so not all is lost :biggrin: would of liked durham though...
Original post by sam1am
Will be around the physics bit but I am nat sci not straight physics!

Ah cool :smile: I think I'm going - depends as I have mocks then :colondollar: (but I'll get out of them :tongue:)
Reply 4403
Original post by Phil1541

Ah well I have bristol so not all is lost :biggrin: would of liked durham though...

: : sorry to hear that. Bristol is still a great uni though! And it looks like a lovely city too :smile:
Reply 4404
Original post by rvp-fan1
according to ucas i heard on the 4th january
good luck!! we need us 3 language people :smile:
where else have you applied?

AHH, rejection! One less 3 languages person for you! Not that bothered, I purely applied for the allure of Castle! I've got Newcastle, Bath, Liverpool and Warwick though, just got to pick between Bath and Newcastle!

Where else are your offers from?
Reply 4405
:frown: shame
edinburgh (waiting) and also got offers from st andrews, birmingham and manchester
Reply 4406
Original post by Folie
I'm a (half) language person too :biggrin: English and French :smile:

woop :smile: which college?
Reply 4407
:frown: shame
edinburgh (waiting) and also got offers from st andrews, birmingham and manchester

Good luck with Edinburgh :smile:
Reply 4408
woop :smile: which college?

Van mildert :smile: you?

I hope I like it on the open day, I haven't had a chance to visit so far. But van mildert's meant to be friendly, plus there's the added benefit of no shared rooms :smile:
Reply 4409
Original post by Folie
Van mildert :smile: you?

I hope I like it on the open day, I haven't had a chance to visit so far. But van mildert's meant to be friendly, plus there's the added benefit of no shared rooms :smile:

ah cool :smile:
when i went up before it had the friendliest vibe out of all of them.
they have a mother and father system (dunno if that's the name of anything)
where you are integrated throughout the different years in the college.

I'm gonna be at Grey (if I get the grades) :smile:
Reply 4410
ah cool :smile:
when i went up before it had the friendliest vibe out of all of them.
they have a mother and father system (dunno if that's the name of anything)
where you are integrated throughout the different years in the college.

I'm gonna be at Grey (if I get the grades) :smile:

I'm glad I haven't been mislead there then :smile:
Grey looks good, it was one of the others I was considering when I applied. What grades do you need for straight languages? Do you have an insurance?
Reply 4411
Original post by Folie
I'm glad I haven't been mislead there then :smile:
Grey looks good, it was one of the others I was considering when I applied. What grades do you need for straight languages? Do you have an insurance?

i need AAB
i want edinburgh to be insurance cos that would be BBB, but cos i still haven't heard, my current insurance is Birmingham which is ABB.

What about yourself?
Reply 4412
i need AAB
i want edinburgh to be insurance cos that would be BBB, but cos i still haven't heard, my current insurance is Birmingham which is ABB.

What about yourself?

Insurance will be nottingham, AAB :smile: unfortunately the English makes the offers higher, I need AAA for Durham. As long as I don't have any disasters though I feel fairly confident. Most of the time...
Original post by Phil1541

Unlucky man. I will no doubt be joining you in a few days. I wish they'd just hurry up.
Can I ask what your grades were/what you're predicted? If I convince myself I never had a chance in the first place, it won't be that much of a let down :biggrin:
Reply 4414
Ah cool :smile: I think I'm going - depends as I have mocks then :colondollar: (but I'll get out of them :tongue:)

Ha I havent bothered to ask my college, I'm sure they'll be fine with it! They'd best be anyway, we've paid the £30 now and £60 for train tickets too!
Original post by sam1am
Ha I havent bothered to ask my college, I'm sure they'll be fine with it! They'd best be anyway, we've paid the £30 now and £60 for train tickets too!

Yeah I'm booking mine tonight so they'd better be cool with it - otherwise I mysteriously develop bronchitis :wink:
Reply 4416
is anyone waiting to hear for history? Or has anyone heard for history recently?
Reply 4417
Yeah I'm booking mine tonight so they'd better be cool with it - otherwise I mysteriously develop bronchitis :wink:

Exactly, I think I'm scheduled to be ill then :/
Is anyone else doing archaeology?
Reply 4419
Original post by FruitBombs
Ahh is that monday to tuesday?

On the map Collingwood sent me, it shows the train station is right next to the university. Is this the main train station in Durham? As in, if I buy a train ticket to 'Durham', will the train stop at the station outside the uni?

Hi, sorry to butt in, but just to warn you, the train station isn't right next to the university. It's definitely 'in Durham', maybe a 15 minute walk from the centre of Durham, but to Collingwood I'd say it would be at least a half an hour walk. But yeah, technically, 'Durham' is the station that serves the uni (and it costs about 4 quid to get a cab from the station to the science site, where Collingwood is) Hope that helped :smile:

Latest