Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4440
Original post by Damamat
anyone still waiting for history?

YES!! my application has been at the history department for 5 months now, i just want to hear something!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by history geek
Anyone heard from anthropology and sociology recently? still waiting .........

Yehh im still waiting...handed my application in in October aswell!!!
Original post by Phil1541
Yours are definetly better than mine, I got ABBB for AS (no further maths either :frown: )

Predicted AAAB by teachers however I feel I'm capable of A*AAB or A*A*AB

I think they must of liked my PS as I made it this far with not the best AS grades, what are your grades like?

I told you so! Got my rejection today. Warwick it is!!
Original post by JayTeeKay

Ah that sucks man sorry to hear :frown:

Seems like durham were really over suscribed this year.... oh well Warwick's a brilliant uni :biggrin:
Original post by JayTeeKay

Aw I'm sorry :frown: But good luck in the future! :biggrin:
Original post by pianofluteftw
Aw I'm sorry :frown: But good luck in the future! :biggrin:

Cheers. I'm not too bothered. The guy at Warwick said that physics courses are pretty much the same at all the top 20 unis. The only thing that makes a difference is if you're happy studying there. I'm happy with York and Warwick as my choices. I was obviously just too good for Durham :biggrin:

Good luck to you too!
Rejected today :frown:

However, up yours Durham!!!! I got Cambridge! :biggrin:

Haters gunna hate :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by cpdavis

Swap? :biggrin:
Original post by cpdavis

Ah bad luck, man. But as you say you've still got Cambz! Which is simply awesome!
Original post by Ultimate1
Ah bad luck, man. But as you say you've still got Cambz! Which is simply awesome!

Just noticed, your Warwick offer is reduced right? Congrats!

Well Done on Warwick and Bath Offer BTW :woo:
Original post by S.L.Welsh
Yehh im still waiting...handed my application in in October aswell!!!

same!!! I fear a rejection :frown: good luck with your application.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Just noticed, your Warwick offer is reduced right? Congrats!

Well yeah it is reduced. The ''typical'' offer apparently is A*AAa and I got A*AA! Thanks!
Original post by cpdavis
Well Done on Warwick and Bath Offer BTW :woo:

Thanks!
Reply 4453
Original post by playxsailxliv
My offer was a 36 and a 6 in french with the full diploma, so relatively low I was lucky. I've applied for the modern languages course to do French, Spanish and Russian.

Thanks :smile: I hope you get it, it seems lovely. In my PS I talked about what has made me want to study languages (a few examples, mostly to do with growing up in DC and going to an international school and a bit about my family background as well as an immersion programme I signed up for back in the days when I was failing my french GCSE haha). Then I talked specifically about French, what I have enjoyed learning and what I'm keen to learn and talked about the same with Russian. I also talked about my extracurricular stuff which was mostly my sailing and being head girl. Then I wrapped it up with what I wanted to accomplish as an undergraduate.

What have you applied for?

Wowwwww that's a really good offer! I haven't received mine yet but I'm assuming it'll be around 37 with a 7 in Biology. I applied for Natural Sciences :smile:

I really want to get into castle but I have a slight problem with my PS. I'm applying through extra so my new personal statement was very straightforward and only explained why I chose NatSci. Hopefully they see my old PS as welll eeeek.

Thanks for your help :smile:
Well yeah it is reduced. The ''typical'' offer apparently is A*AAa and I got A*AA! Thanks!

Thanks!

I remember at oxford all the math people saying they got an offer of A*AA + something in step (sorry I'm not familiar with it to remember properly) or A*A*A + something lower in step
Nat Sciences, St Aidans College... not my preffered college by any means but hey ho its Durham
Reply 4456
Original post by cpdavis

Haters gunna hate :biggrin:

I guess Durham don't have a special access scheme for you to abuse.

Thankfully STEP separates the boys from the men.

at last a bloody interview
Reply 4458
did anyone apply for psychology?
Reply 4459
Original post by vettyrose
Nat Sciences, St Aidans College... not my preffered college by any means but hey ho its Durham

Where did you apply originally?
I received my natsci offer a couple of days ago and I applied to castle

Latest