The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pp93
Aha no worries. It was a shock to me too, I'm going to ring them tomorrow and find out out of interest. I have a strong feeling that it was my LNAT Essay, I remember being in a foul mood on the day of the exam and my essay wasn't that great. I think that was it!
At the end of the day, Notts are stupid :smile:

Hmm, I didn't think my essay was too bad (in relation to the MCQs at least!). I've sent them an email, let me know what they say over the phone! If it's the general "you weren't good enough," I will be majorly unimpressed.
Original post by Mann18
Firmed Oxford, no insurance, it's Unconditional.

Played though, are they both AAA?

Congrats. I remember seeing you on the Oxford Applicants' Thread now!
Original post by hammyjones
just got rejected from kings

ahh well ucas all done now

Sorry to hear that. Where will you be going now?
Reply 3823
Original post by LornaSandison1
Yes, providing I get AAA. Is your offer conditional?

Yes, AAA. Having an optimistic moment.
Reply 3824
Congrats. I remember seeing you on the Oxford Applicants' Thread now!

:top2: Thanks, congrats again to you for UCL.
Original post by mc13177
Yes, AAA. Having an optimistic moment.

Hmm, yes. I'm sure you (and hopefully I) will be fine! I'm going through a pessimistic stage at the moment because my History coursework is going dreadfully.
Reply 3826
Hmm, yes. I'm sure you (and hopefully I) will be fine! I'm going through a pessimistic stage at the moment because my History coursework is going dreadfully.

I hope so!

I know the feeling with History...

Hopefully on my last coursework piece :smile:.

Everything will work itself out.
Sorry to hear that. Where will you be going now?

off to lse, just firmed it, unconditional :smile:
Reply 3828
Original post by Mann18
Firmed Oxford, no insurance, it's Unconditional.

Played though, are they both AAA?

Woah. That is pretty impressive!
But no, UCL is AAA and Manchester AAB :smile:
Original post by hammyjones
off to lse, just firmed it, unconditional :smile:

I don't think you need to worry too much about King's then. :wink:
Reply 3830

Original post by nc28
just got a rejection from king's :'(
3 rejections in total:'(
am i really that bad??:frown:
should i just take a gap year and retry next year?

Kings are quite harsh with rejections....Where are your offers from?
Reply 3831

Hmm, I didn't think my essay was too bad (in relation to the MCQs at least!). I've sent them an email, let me know what they say over the phone! If it's the general "you weren't good enough," I will be majorly unimpressed.

I've called them three times now today, and there never seems to be anyone at the desk! Let me know if you get a reply! It's not the end of the world, I only wanted to go there because of the Spanish element - the normal LLB is the same as any other Russell Group.
Reply 3832

I don't think you need to worry too much about King's then. :wink:

Yeah I finally got through, I was told to e-mail in. I'll let you know how that goes!
Original post by pp93
I've called them three times now today, and there never seems to be anyone at the desk! Let me know if you get a reply! It's not the end of the world, I only wanted to go there because of the Spanish element - the normal LLB is the same as any other Russell Group.

Hmm, yes. That's the only reason I applied as well. Although I wasn't too sure about the Spanish culture element, I feel like I've studied that enough already!! There are quite a few universities that offer the Spanish bit as well, like UCL and Southampton, and Queen Mary which is a damned good university for law. I felt so bad about declining their offer!
Reply 3834
anyone heard from warwick recently?
Original post by clarj018

No, still waiting. Unsure if "no news is good news" considering quite a few people on here have offers...
Reply 3836
Original post by clarj018

Original post by Troubled_Student
No, still waiting. Unsure if "no news is good news" considering quite a few people on here have offers...

Also still waiting.

Might just go ahead and firm Queen Mary
Reply 3837
What did you two get in GCSE/AS levels and LNAT? It makes you think negatively of them and feel like saying STUFF YOU! x
6A's 4B's at GCSE, AABB at AS, predicted AAA for A2's, 17 in LNAT. Hardly the greatest grades and for that reason I can smell a Warwick rejection coming soon.
Reply 3839
If I got 17 in the LNAT and wrote a terrible essay have I blown my chances at Bristol considering I have been rejected from Durham?

Latest

Trending

Trending