The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tally DeBenedictis
Yeah :smile: I used to live in England (till I was 11) and then I moved to Cyprus and now I live in Italy (my dad's italian :smile: )
OOO awesome :biggrin: I'll join! :biggrin:
Ahhhh noooo :smile: Don't be worried!! :biggrin: You'll have a fab time! I was studying before my I got another bout of Clinical depression and came home :/ But I'm really looking forward to going back :smile: The thing is everybody is in the same boat when you get there so everyone wants to make friends :smile: Living on campus is great fun :biggrin: Don't be worried :smile: xxx

Thanks, that's very reassuring :smile: I look forward to meeting you (and your horse) :P
I'm really looking forward to uni now, despite a few worries about money :P
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by emilyroseeee
Thanks, that's very reassuring :smile: I look forward to meeting you (and your horse) :P
I'm really looking forward to uni now, despite a few worries about money :P

haha trust me :p: You wont be able to miss us :wink:

You'll be fine :biggrin: Bet you're going to love it! You going on a student loan? :smile: xx
haha trust me :p: You wont be able to miss us :wink:

You'll be fine :biggrin: Bet you're going to love it! You going on a student loan? :smile: xx

That picture is so lovely :smile:

And yeah, student loan. Not sure how much I'll get really. Luckily my parents won't be tooooo fair away so I can ask for lots of care packages and visits in which they buy me food :wink:
That picture is so lovely :smile:

And yeah, student loan. Not sure how much I'll get really. Luckily my parents won't be tooooo fair away so I can ask for lots of care packages and visits in which they buy me food :wink:

ahh you'll be fine :smile: I think people end up getting more than they expect sometimes. I lived with about 5 people that were on student loans and they all managed fine :biggrin:
Haha best thing about parents visiting :wink: lol xx

ahh you'll be fine :smile: I think people end up getting more than they expect sometimes. I lived with about 5 people that were on student loans and they all managed fine :biggrin:
Haha best thing about parents visiting :wink: lol xx

That's good to hear. I did the student finance estimate on the calculator and it wouldn't even cover accommodation. But when my parents found their P60 and I put the actual amount in, it did go up a bit, so hopefully it will be higher than I expect :P Are you gonna go on student loan? International fees are even higher aren't they?! :O
That's good to hear. I did the student finance estimate on the calculator and it wouldn't even cover accommodation. But when my parents found their P60 and I put the actual amount in, it did go up a bit, so hopefully it will be higher than I expect :P Are you gonna go on student loan? International fees are even higher aren't they?! :O

Oh that's good then! If not you can have my room :wink: I'll get a sleeping bag and cuddle up next to Puzzle in his stable :wink: haha
Nope they're only higher if you live outside the EU but I dont so it's all good :smile:
My parents are so desperate to get rid of me they pay for uni :wink: haha :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
xxxxx
Oh that's good then! If not you can have my room :wink: I'll get a sleeping bag and cuddle up next to Puzzle in his stable :wink: haha
Nope they're only higher if you live outside the EU but I dont so it's all good :smile:
My parents are so desperate to get rid of me they pay for uni :wink: haha :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
xxxxx

Hahaha, that sounds nice :smile: If I had a horse, I think that's what I'd want to do too :smile:

Oh, that is good!! And awwh! I'm guessing they just want the best for you, without you ending up with like £20,000 in debt :P My parents would pay for it if they had the money.
Original post by Humz7
I was sold as soon as you mentioned the football pitches :P
wow, there's loads to do then :smile: are there any tennis courts, athletics tracks or swimming pools?

ah right, it looks pretty decent to be fair. really? I think i'd need a tv for the ps3 haha.

oh right? that's good, i'm glad I applied here and got an offer :smile:
yep, I primarily play football; love it, but I really enjoy playing tennis and training on the athletics track.
how about you?

yeahh there are loads. no we dont have tennis courts or athletics tracks or swimming pools, but because we are uni students, we can use the nottingham uni facilities for discounted prices.
football at trent is good :smile:
personally a hockey player on the womens 1st team, we were an inch away from prem being in the top 10 in the contry but umpires are idiots
Original post by jimbles
heyyy!!! I'm going to study the exact same course as you :smile: Could you tell me about it? :biggrin:

Hey :smile:
personally i think its such a good course, i love it! was thinking at the start whether i made the right choice but i did! i lvoe it soo much. the lecturers are all so nice and are willing to help you out at any point. they are all so very co-operating if you have to miss lectures due to sports but most of them just say the slides are on 'NOW' so just print them off and read through them. so far i have finished one of my modules which is good as i hated it. research methods and psychology are the most boring miodules ever invented, but they are a right laugh with the people you will make friends with. all the topics interlink with eachother so youll be learning some things in other miodules. overall a good course to pick!...
Original post by hayzie
lol just checked a forum it says sandby 100 gill street 114, dno if i heard right thinking fourteen was actually forty lool.... do u stay in halls? what u mean platnum and gold aswell...

u know how i could go about getting a sport's scholarship? i havent considered yet cause i wanted to go uni without the added pressure of performing but i wanted to ask if you know how it works?

it depends how much you want to spend on accomodation. your going to be hardly in it as im hardly ever in my house, im alway at clifton uni with my friends :smile:
the sports hall give each team to propse why they should be a platnum or gold sport at NTU. this will mean that you'll got like fitness sessions, physio, psychology talks, along with other things all for free, because they want the best for that sport. but you have to attend it all and be committed to it. so they will have special privaleges in the sports hall :smile:.
if you go onto http://www.ntu.ac.uk/sport/scholarships/ it will tell you more about scholarships and how to apply. with the scholarship, the sports hall will help you out in any way possible. i know 2 of my hockey team mates have got scholarships and they have benifited from it soo much. they can gie you the support and guidline about what you need to do and give you advice. they do so much for you because they want NTU sports to do well, so anything they can do, they do it
Original post by Abbic4
Childhood studies also at Clifton, can't wait hehe :biggrin:

Primary Education at clifton :tongue: xx
Reply 511
Original post by a.wadeson2905
Hey :smile:
personally i think its such a good course, i love it! was thinking at the start whether i made the right choice but i did! i lvoe it soo much. the lecturers are all so nice and are willing to help you out at any point. they are all so very co-operating if you have to miss lectures due to sports but most of them just say the slides are on 'NOW' so just print them off and read through them. so far i have finished one of my modules which is good as i hated it. research methods and psychology are the most boring miodules ever invented, but they are a right laugh with the people you will make friends with. all the topics interlink with eachother so youll be learning some things in other miodules. overall a good course to pick!...

Thank you :smile: so are the slides just what they go through in lectures? :biggrin: Thank god for that as I hearing impairment so I'd struggle in lectures and such :smile: Wicked, I'm excited to start now :biggrin:
Hahaha, that sounds nice :smile: If I had a horse, I think that's what I'd want to do too :smile:

Oh, that is good!! And awwh! I'm guessing they just want the best for you, without you ending up with like £20,000 in debt :P My parents would pay for it if they had the money.

Haha he loves snuggling up and falling asleep on my lap :wink:

Yeah it's good :smile: But my dad has this obbsession that if I want to live for the next 3 minutes the only way to survive is to go to uni >_>
so yeah :p: that's why haha :smile:
xx

Anyone going to the Brackenhurst open day on the 26th? :biggrin: xx
Haha he loves snuggling up and falling asleep on my lap :wink:

Yeah it's good :smile: But my dad has this obbsession that if I want to live for the next 3 minutes the only way to survive is to go to uni >_>
so yeah :p: that's why haha :smile:
xx

Anyone going to the Brackenhurst open day on the 26th? :biggrin: xx

Awwh!! That's adorable. It's why I'd like a horse, to be able to build up a real bond, it's difficult to do that when you're swapped from horse to horse at a riding school.

Hahaha, parents are crazy :P But at least you get to go to uni to do something you love :biggrin: The Equine Sports Science course really does look great :smile:

And I'm not going to the open day, I've been to like three others. Are you actually coming over from Italy for it? That's dedication!
Awwh!! That's adorable. It's why I'd like a horse, to be able to build up a real bond, it's difficult to do that when you're swapped from horse to horse at a riding school.

Hahaha, parents are crazy :P But at least you get to go to uni to do something you love :biggrin: The Equine Sports Science course really does look great :smile:

And I'm not going to the open day, I've been to like three others. Are you actually coming over from Italy for it? That's dedication!

Yeah it's lovely! :biggrin:
Managed to get a real partnership going with my cheeky yearling too :smile: She's a darling but chesntut mare :colone: we'll see how that goes :wink: haha
Yeah me and Puzzle are best fwiends :wink: haha but he's a spoilt brat :p:

Yeah I really hope I get into it and enjoy it :biggrin:

Well I got unconditionals from Warwickshire and Writtle as well so I'm going to go and look at those while I'm there too :smile: But my boyfriend lives in UK so I come over every month or so anyway :smile:
xx
Yeah it's lovely! :biggrin:
Managed to get a real partnership going with my cheeky yearling too :smile: She's a darling but chesntut mare :colone: we'll see how that goes :wink: haha
Yeah me and Puzzle are best fwiends :wink: haha but he's a spoilt brat :p:

Yeah I really hope I get into it and enjoy it :biggrin:

Well I got unconditionals from Warwickshire and Writtle as well so I'm going to go and look at those while I'm there too :smile: But my boyfriend lives in UK so I come over every month or so anyway :smile:
xx

Haha, awwh :smile: That's sweet. I am so jealous :')

Who wouldn't want equitation as a university module? :P

Ah fair enough :biggrin: And wow, can I ask how you've managed with being so far from your boyfriend? My boyfriend is going to Plymouth for uni and I'm worried about being 7 hours away from him rather than 15 minutes :frown: And that should be another good thing about uni for you, you'll be nearer to your boyfriend? Aha :smile:
Original post by jimbles
Thank you :smile: so are the slides just what they go through in lectures? :biggrin: Thank god for that as I hearing impairment so I'd struggle in lectures and such :smile: Wicked, I'm excited to start now :biggrin:

If your hearing impaired, when you start your course, notify your tutor and they will tell the lecturers about it. They say some stuff in the lectures but most of the information is on the slides. I just note down what is on the slides and be done with it. sometimes listen but sometiems dont :smile:...depends if its an interesting lecture lol. you will be fine dont worry :smile:
Haha, awwh :smile: That's sweet. I am so jealous :')

Who wouldn't want equitation as a university module? :P

Ah fair enough :biggrin: And wow, can I ask how you've managed with being so far from your boyfriend? My boyfriend is going to Plymouth for uni and I'm worried about being 7 hours away from him rather than 15 minutes :frown: And that should be another good thing about uni for you, you'll be nearer to your boyfriend? Aha :smile:

yeah I'm looking forward to it :wink:

It's pretty difficult tbh :/ but it's okay because we're kinda used to it... like I used to live in Cyprus which was even further away for like the first month of our relationship and then I was at a uni about 3 hours away via train and now I'm in Italy so slowly slowly we're getting closer haha :biggrin: It takes a lot of trust really and phonecalls :P and facebook...with trust, phones and internets :wink: it's all good :biggrin:
But it's a good test as well like it makes you know that you do really want to be with each other if you're willing to make the effort (if that makes sense :p: ) it's really hard at first but it gets easier :smile: you'll be fine! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
xxx
yeah I'm looking forward to it :wink:

It's pretty difficult tbh :/ but it's okay because we're kinda used to it... like I used to live in Cyprus which was even further away for like the first month of our relationship and then I was at a uni about 3 hours away via train and now I'm in Italy so slowly slowly we're getting closer haha :biggrin: It takes a lot of trust really and phonecalls :P and facebook...with trust, phones and internets :wink: it's all good :biggrin:
But it's a good test as well like it makes you know that you do really want to be with each other if you're willing to make the effort (if that makes sense :p: ) it's really hard at first but it gets easier :smile: you'll be fine! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
xxx

Ah well that's good :smile: I'd been thinking mostly calls and internet and I do really trust him. And I'll visit him as often as I can but train tickets do cost a lot :frown: And I think that we'll spend all/most of our time back at home together as well :smile: Thanks for your advice :biggrin: xxx
Reply 519
Sad news guys...missed trent offer by 2 marks...I know I done better, so im tempted to get it re-marked...but on the other hand I got unconditional from Keele which is on similar levels as trent..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending