The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgie91
I wanna know this week so badly! Got three exams next week on my course and one the week after so would be nice to just get the decision out of the way and start focussing properly on other things again!!! Any applicants on here from an Access to Medicine course?

Me :smile: But I completed it in 2008/2009. Had my interview 9th March.
Original post by kellystewart
Me :smile: But I completed it in 2008/2009. Had my interview 9th March.

Quick reply!! Where did you do your course? And I'm guessing you have applied each year since u finished the course?
Stow College and no...I applied the year of my course and this year. Only applied Glasgow first time round and marginally missed the UKCAT cut off, same again this year. I didn't apply the year in between as wanted to strengthen my application. This year applied to St Andrews as well.
Original post by areyousure?
From tomorrow!!! I am going to regret reading that because now every 3 minutes I am going to check my email on my phone!

Good luck with your interview I hope it goes well :biggrin:

gl bro:smile:
Stow College and no...I applied the year of my course and this year. Only applied Glasgow first time round and marginally missed the UKCAT cut off, same again this year. I didn't apply the year in between as wanted to strengthen my application. This year applied to St Andrews as well.

Oh ok Im at West Anglia so quite a way from where u studied! Do you reckon we are viewed separately from other applicants because of a different entry route? I just want to know now!!! Have you had an interview?
Yeah indeed you are :smile:

Yanno I really don't think we are. My interview was on the 9th March and everyone else there appeared very much younger (I am 28) and certainly fresh from school or perhaps applying after a couple years uni. Not sure if any were postgrad applicants or not.

I know what you mean it's very frustrating waiting on the big day!
Yeah indeed you are :smile:

Yanno I really don't think we are. My interview was on the 9th March and everyone else there appeared very much younger (I am 28) and certainly fresh from school or perhaps applying after a couple years uni. Not sure if any were postgrad applicants or not.

I know what you mean it's very frustrating waiting on the big day!

It's just because lots of other universities have said that they view access students and mature students separately....to be honest though I'm not sure what I''m viewed as really cos i'm only 19! think its best i just keep my fingers crossed and hope! Good luck to you for an offer! :smile: x
Well I know for 100% that Glasgow Uni don't view Access as any different..perhaps they used to but from my year onwards they changed the goal posts on that. Before my year it was a guaranteed interview but now it's not.

I'd say St Andrews and Aberdeen are the best in Scotland for recognizing the efforts and the advantages of mature/access students being that St Andrews have their own feeder course and Aberdeen have always been very keen on Access students. Edinburgh and Dundee aren't interested though. Glasgow appears to be inbetween.

I'm not sure where you'd fit in either haha but Access course is a great course to have under your belt anyways.

Thank you hon. And fingers crossed for you too. St Andrews it is absolutely the best in Scotland and North England

x
:puppyeyes:I'm am actually going to cry.

Got an email saying my UCAS has been updated.

St. Andrews: unsuccessful.

Guess I'm not going to uni this year :frown:
heyy guys,
i got my rejection today.
i had my interview on wed 9th march .
good luck to you all :biggrin:
Original post by Quackers93

I also got my rejection today, but at least I have an offer from Birmingham.
I feel so bad for you, what are you going to do next year ? grad medicine or re apply?
best of luck with your future plans
also are you thinking of asking for feedback, if so where will you ask?
I also got my rejection today, but at least I have an offer from Birmingham.
I feel so bad for you, what are you going to do next year ? grad medicine or re apply?
best of luck with your future plans
also are you thinking of asking for feedback, if so where will you ask?

I've still not heard from Aberdeen but i'm far from hopeful as they've not told me anything, not had an interview or anything :frown: I'm just gonna take a year out, try and get some work and a lot more work experience and improve on my ukcat.... oh god i'm gonna have to redo the ukcat :'( i'd forgotten about that :'(

Thanks, i'm DEFINATLY going to ask for feedback, don't know how though. I want to know where I went wrong. I'm absolteuly gutted was my best shot and I loved it. my other rejections weren't as bad but this is beyond :frown: oh wells, at least I can get on with planning my next year :/ good luck to you too!
I've heard nothing from Aberdeen so i guess they're my very last hope but i highly doubt i'll get anything now. not had an interview so its a bit late for that. I'm just gonna have to take a year out, try and get a job, get way more work experience and all that i guess. and the ukcat crap im gonna have to take that again :'( i'd forgotten about that til now :frown:

Thanks, good luck to you too :smile: I'm definatly asking for feedback, I want to know where I went wrong! It feels so horrible cause it was such a nice place and I got such a good feeling from it and now this :/ my other too rejections weren't great but this is beyond :frown: I'm not quite sure where to ask but if i find out i'll try let you know :smile:
I'm so sorry to hear that guys :frown:

As for feedback....you request it in writing from the admissions team (not by email through old fashioned snail mail) and you will get a standard reply outlining the main reason but you can then write back again and they will supply more specific feedback. I'd expect to wait quite a few weeks for a response though.
Reply 1494
I've heard nothing from Aberdeen so i guess they're my very last hope but i highly doubt i'll get anything now. not had an interview so its a bit late for that. I'm just gonna have to take a year out, try and get a job, get way more work experience and all that i guess. and the ukcat crap im gonna have to take that again :'( i'd forgotten about that til now :frown:

Thanks, good luck to you too :smile: I'm definatly asking for feedback, I want to know where I went wrong! It feels so horrible cause it was such a nice place and I got such a good feeling from it and now this :/ my other too rejections weren't great but this is beyond :frown: I'm not quite sure where to ask but if i find out i'll try let you know :smile:

I'm so sorry to hear that... I'm sure things will go better next year!

But i thought responses are given out only on Wednesdays... may I ask when did you receive the email?
I'm so sorry to hear that guys :frown:

As for feedback....you request it in writing from the admissions team (not by email through old fashioned snail mail) and you will get a standard reply outlining the main reason but you can then write back again and they will supply more specific feedback. I'd expect to wait quite a few weeks for a response though.

Will do that thanks :smile:

Original post by teafil
I'm so sorry to hear that... I'm sure things will go better next year!

But i thought responses are given out only on Wednesdays... may I ask when did you receive the email?

got mine at 1:08pm today, so I guess not :/ unless im one of the few 'lucky' unlucky ones who got rejections on a non-wednesday day :tongue:

Good luck to everyone else who is still to hear :smile:
Reply 1496
heyy guys,
i got my rejection today.
i had my interview on wed 9th march .
good luck to you all :biggrin:

I got a huge pit in my stomach there when I read this :frown: I'm so sorry guys :frown: although well done "areyousure?" for getting into Birmingham :smile: have you heard back from anywhere else?

Quackers, I'll be in the exact same position as you if I get rejected, you'll definitely get in next year though, most reapplicants get good news! :smile: I **** myself there as an email came through just after I looked on here, but it was just a stupid email from one of my pals.......the wait continues.

Although the email I got sent was pretty funny though, here's the link I got sent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNjbx_-BtP8

"More dirty laundry for you and your goons!"

I hope that cheers you guys up, Good Luck! :smile:
Original post by KCosmo
I got a huge pit in my stomach there when I read this :frown: I'm so sorry guys :frown: although well done "areyousure?" for getting into Birmingham :smile: have you heard back from anywhere else?

Quackers, I'll be in the exact same position as you if I get rejected, you'll definitely get in next year though, most reapplicants get good news! :smile: I **** myself there as an email came through just after I looked on here, but it was just a stupid email from one of my pals.......the wait continues.

Although the email I got sent was pretty funny though, here's the link I got sent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNjbx_-BtP8

"More dirty laundry for you and your goons!"

I hope that cheers you guys up, Good Luck! :smile:

Funnily enough that actually did cheer me up quite a bit thanks :smile: I can hope! Least I can use the rejection to try and motivate me to do even better now as I feel I want to prove them wrong for rejecting me :tongue:

Thats happened to me every time I got an email. I know what you mean about the stomach feeling, that happened to me on the edinburgh thread a while ago and got rejected then, but its good you've heard nothing so far :smile: Good luck! :biggrin:
I was interviewed on the 9th March also so I am waiting with baited breath on the dreaded/revered email!!

Not sure if they are rejecting/making offers in any particular order though....any ideas?
Reply 1499
Had my interview back in December, so I've been stalking these threads for months. Fair to say I'm bricking it now. Anyone else from the December batch had anything at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending