The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Hey, everyone!

Just popping in to say 'hi!' I have an unconditional offer from Durham to study economics.
Additionally, I'm originally from the States. Still waiting on offers.

:smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 4521
Original post by ChrisRawlings
German, Spanish and Russian at Van Mildert! Who else is doing languages!

whoop another 3 language junkie :borat:
Original post by alexem
awesome, good luck with the college! i am defo gonna give them a ring tomorrow then :smile:

Good luck too! They're really helpful and nice :smile:
OK so they have had my application November and I still have not heard a thing. Should I be getting worried?? have they forgotten me? :frown:
Reply 4524
Original post by history geek
OK so they have had my application November and I still have not heard a thing. Should I be getting worried?? have they forgotten me? :frown:

I'm assuming you applied for history right, from your name? Well same they've had my application since october and I've heard nothing :frown:
Original post by al21
I'm assuming you applied for history right, from your name? Well same they've had my application since october and I've heard nothing :frown:

Same here, not for history though :/
Reply 4526
Original post by Alphalpha
Same here, not for history though :/

It so frustrating isn't it?! I just want to know, what subject did you apply for?
Stephensons college open day on Wed at Queens Campus (Stockton). Anyone going? We're driving up tomorrow afternoon after school from London. Its gonna be a long journey up and will probably arrive in the areas just in time to go to sleep (Premier Inn).

We dont have an overnighter/2 day open day like the main city campus :-( would have loved to have one of those!
Reply 4528
Is anyone going to the Josephine Butler open day on Tuesday 22nd March?
Original post by Freerider101
I'm going for Engineering on 21/22nd. I'm staying at St Marys.

ooh! that is exciting! We shall hopefully see each other...... what are you bringing with you clothes/stuff??
Reply 4530
Yay, firmed Durham the other day. Got welcoming letters! Now all I have to do is work like hell... :-)
Original post by al21
It so frustrating isn't it?! I just want to know, what subject did you apply for?

I hate not knowing :frown: i applied for physics i'm wondering if it has anything to do with me not applying to a specific college and just having an open application :/

I hate not knowing :frown: i applied for physics i'm wondering if it has anything to do with me not applying to a specific college and just having an open application :/

No, it's nothing to do with that. It's just your department being slow......
Reply 4533
Is anybody going to the castle college open day on tuesday and wednesday next week?
Original post by MilaneseCat
Hey, everyone!

Just popping in to say 'hi!' I have an unconditional offer from Durham to study economics.
Additionally, I'm originally from the States. Still waiting on offers.

:smile:

Do you think Durham will be your first choice?
Reply 4535
Anyone else going to the St.Mary's open day from 22nd-23rd March? :smile:
Three weeks after getting an offer from Durham, I've finally been allocated St Aidan's College.
Original post by Silent-Varjoisa
Three weeks after getting an offer from Durham, I've finally been allocated St Aidan's College.

Same here for Archaeology :smile: are you going to the open day? i'm going on the 23rd but not staying over the night before
Reply 4538
Original post by eve_m
Haha, snap.. Or at least that what I thought, until I turned 18 last week and no one's ID'd me since, so apparently I'm not as baby-faced as I thought :smile: What time are you getting there?

I thought it'd be a night of chess, but looks like it's going to be awesome.
Original post by LukethePianoMan
Do you think Durham will be your first choice?

It depends. I have unconditional offers to study economics from UCL, SOAS, and Durham. If LSE rejects me, I'm not sure which I'll choose.

What about you? :smile:

Latest